Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall v Charlton Wednesday 21st Dec 2016 Match Thread.

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options

Charlton Athletic are so Bad now that i took the chant that we were a
    "SHIT Crystal Palace" as a Compliment.

This season at times we have turned into a Shit Wimbledon !

Ha, I think they meant your fans. On the pitch we're behind Wimbledon too!

• Options

That's a bit rich coming from millwall fans. Most of them are hoping for Jeremy Kyle dvd 's for Xmas so they can look at themselves
  • Options

An earlier poster was exasperated: “walking football,” he described our performance at Millwall. He is damn right.

Last week at The Valley, a Peterborough player walked up to Crofts in midfield, nudged him aside – and carried on, running to our box. He didn't need an isosocles triangle to get round. Repeated. Ulvested, and Jackson are shadows. Lost.

At the pre-season game at Welling I knew instantly – Ajose is physically too small. It's like hiring a man with a physical disability. And Novak – lumbering around like an Edwardian wardrobe. My mate at Welling: “Novak will be forgotten by October.”

At the Den on Wednesday night: we have a free-kick. First half. Five yards outside their box. Stadium falls silent. Our bloke rushes up. And slams it into the wall.

That is inexcusable: Yann Kermorgant taught our players the delicious curving arc to score.

Ten minutes later, we had a chance: Our “striker” puffed a weak little poof at his vague concept of goal.

A fortnight ago Botaka stumbled on the ball in the Cup against MK Dons, did a double-shuffle, then dribbled up his own his arse. Just like Callum Harriott. Six-year-old girls on complimentary tickets wet their knickers.

We can't trap or pass the ball.

Magennis is our best player: tough and quick. At The Valley, the way he sprinted to the corner, muscled the opponent away, rushed in to box, set up Lookman...

Who hoofed miles over the bar.

Magennis sprinted again. And won. We miss Ricky Holmes – searching and probing. Pushing and spreading. Running to receive.

New manager. Karl Robinson. A fat bloke in a jerkin – Sacked from a club relegated below us. Five games, two goals, no wins.

Our midfield is Jackson, Crofts and Ulvestad.

No, No, No.

We need better players.

The guy scored 25 goals last season in this division so he obviously has something about him.
  • Options

The only reason some of our fans were wearing black at the Den was on the final whistle it always feels like your favourite Aunty has died !
    Your Fans became Glad all over !
  • Options
    Excellent interview with Kyle Andrews, fast forward to the end of the match commentary.

aca.st/34ab97
  • Options
    edited December 2016
  • Options

An earlier poster was exasperated: “walking football,” he described our performance at Millwall. He is damn right.

Last week at The Valley, a Peterborough player walked up to Crofts in midfield, nudged him aside – and carried on, running to our box. He didn't need an isosocles triangle to get round. Repeated. Ulvested, and Jackson are shadows. Lost.

At the pre-season game at Welling I knew instantly – Ajose is physically too small. It's like hiring a man with a physical disability. And Novak – lumbering around like an Edwardian wardrobe. My mate at Welling: “Novak will be forgotten by October.”

At the Den on Wednesday night: we have a free-kick. First half. Five yards outside their box. Stadium falls silent. Our bloke rushes up. And slams it into the wall.

That is inexcusable: Yann Kermorgant taught our players the delicious curving arc to score.

Ten minutes later, we had a chance: Our “striker” puffed a weak little poof at his vague concept of goal.

A fortnight ago Botaka stumbled on the ball in the Cup against MK Dons, did a double-shuffle, then dribbled up his own his arse. Just like Callum Harriott. Six-year-old girls on complimentary tickets wet their knickers.

Magennis is our best player: tough and quick. At The Valley, the way he sprinted to the corner, muscled the opponent away, rushed in to box, set up Lookman...

Magennis sprinted again. And won. We miss Ricky Holmes – searching and probing. Pushing and spreading. Running to receive.

New manager. Karl Robinson. A fat bloke in a jerkin – Sacked from a club relegated below us. Five games, two goals, no wins.

No, No, No.

We need better players.

The guy scored 25 goals last season in this division so he obviously has something about him.
    His previous best was 13 in 2010 and then 8, which suggests last season was a one off.
  • Options

No, No, No.

We need better players.

His previous best was 13 in 2010 and then 8, which suggests last season was a one off.
    You don't score 25 by being lucky.
  • Options
    I'd expect you'd count on the fingers of one hand addicks who expected to get any kind of result wednesday night. Team management knew our chances at best 3/10. In view of fragility only a matter of time afore wall broke through. At least we're helping another local side in their championship quest. 22 games gone and we're light years from being a competent SBL1 outift. Robbo do well to get 2/2 by year end.
  • Options

A fortnight ago Botaka stumbled on the ball in the Cup against MK Dons, did a double-shuffle, then dribbled up his own his arse.

Who needs Brian Glanville or Hugh McIlvaney when you have Viewfinder
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

First 40 mins we weren't there. Charlton midfield controlled central 1/3. But absolutely nothing final 1/3.
    Incredibly lucky to be 2 up at HT.
    2nd half we improved, but still two very woeful teams. Atmosphere shit from us, you lot are getting more lively each year. Smoke bombs & flares thrown, other way round we'd all be scum. Your lot to the left were an embarrassment.

Roll on Jan, in the exec suite, you're finally bound to win.

On another note it seems Henry is having a breakdown on twitter.

Funny isn't it how you hear two different opinions from two different people who was at the same game. I couldn't make it Wednesday but was chatting to my pal the next day and he said apart from the first 20 minutes when we was poor the rest of the game we played well. Said atmosphere was good from Charlton until we scored and then they was quiet as mice the rest of the game (understandable) and we was good after that (expected) and came out with some good chants including 'you're just a sh*t crystal palace' which is quite original. I was listening on the radio and I could hear plenty from the Millwall fans on there.
    My standard for this division are our 00/01 team & the preceeding 2 seasons of growth & improvement. Looking back we were blessed with some fantastic players, but that's what we need to aspire to. A team that can play with a freedom that's great to watch. Fast, attacking football. Harris was part of that, I expect him to be developing a style similar to it. But we're miles off it currently.
  • Options
    6000 less today than their cup final on a cold Wednesday night.
  • Options

4000 less in the home stands

• Options
    edited December 2016

Was quite impressed with the home turnout the other night.
    Cant see us attracting much of a home crowd for the return game at the valley.
    Of course, this is partly down to Roland and Meire, but still.
  • Options

So, it didn't matter to only 4000.
  • Options

Was quite impressed with the home turnout the other night.
    Cant see us attracting much of a home crowd for the return game at the valley.
    Of course, this is partly down to Roland and Meire, but still.
    Partly????........It's "entirely."