Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford 2 Ebsfleet 1

An enjoyable break from Charlton. Peter Varney, your boys took one hell of a beating :-)

Comments

• Options
    Was at this game today. Darts played really well. Good to see Steve Gritt on the touchline as passionate as ever!
  • Options
    Going NYD to the return game at Ebbsfleet, not a supporter of either side but just a few locals from the Legion out for a few beers.
  • Options
    £23k a week wage bill at Ebbsfleet, I've heard.
  • Options
    I went to the game. Wasn't a bad game. Someone said Ebbsfleets no 9 was on £2.5 k a week. Surely that can't be true
  • Options
    Went to Margate, Welling are looking a good side these days. Adam Coombes with 2 more goals is approaching 30 goals for the season with at least 21 league games to go. New Years Day being the return match and I'll be at PVR topping up the alcohol levels.
  • Options

I went to the game. Wasn't a bad game. Someone said Ebbsfleets no 9 was on £2.5 k a week. Surely that can't be true

It would be interesting to compare the wage bills of the two clubs!
  • Options

Sod those two, welling won again, 3 0 at Margate.

Was on the coach from PVR with my son
    Good day out, and hats off to those who took the time out to arrange
  • Options
    Over the moon to beat gravesend sorry ebsfleet(sold there name) Dartford has all ways been a better town
  • Options

Over the moon to beat gravesend sorry ebsfleet(sold there name) Dartford has all ways been a better town

Lol says who..both shit holes...amd i come from Gravesend and my sis and brother live in Dartford...lucky moved away years ago to pastures new...visited both yesterday despair every time i visit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can be. There is a few clubs with money st this level. Greenwich Borough and Margate were paying several players at least £2k / week for the last few seasons

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Ebbsfleet have a growing reputation as throwing money around as they try to buy their way to promotion. I couldn't see Dartford winning so chuffed yesterday that Dartford beat them, and Charlton churned out a win at MKD. Been a while since I had a noxing day like that. Happy days.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    £BBSFL££T
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet's wage bill last season was £1.2-1.3m I understand, incredible for that level. Shocking that they still haven't got out of that division when sustaining a Football League budget
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Can be. There is a few clubs with money st this level. Greenwich Borough and Margate were paying several players at least £2k / week for the last few seasons

Lots do mate agreed but some people are always quoting ebbsfleet
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Ebbsfleet are like Charlton. Always bottle it when it matters
  • Options
    Went to Bromley, good fun and a late Bromley winner.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Billericay in Ryman Premier are currently paying out £10k a week.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Swisdom said:

Billericay in Ryman Premier are currently paying out £10k a week.
    Also Basingstoke in the league below are full time.
  • Options

Ebbsfleet's wage bill last season was £1.2-1.3m I understand, incredible for that level. Shocking that they still haven't got out of that division when sustaining a Football League budget

They'll smash that this year with the additional cost of their new pitch side announcer.

#revolvingdoor

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another Ebbsfleet hate thread developing .
  • Options

Lol says who..both shit holes...amd i come from Gravesend and my sis and brother live in Dartford...lucky moved away years ago to pastures new...visited both yesterday despair every time i visit.
    I'm proud to come from dartford 31 great years here born and bread. My mum and dad still live here and I will be moving to higham with my wife in the newyear.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I know getting a tad boring isnt it.... Started again by people who are think in life are jealous of others.
  • Options

I'm proud to come from dartford 31 great years here born and bread. My mum and dad still live here and I will be moving to higham with my wife in the newyear.
    Good for you mate... Highams closer to Gravesend than dartford....
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Good for you mate... Highams closer to Gravesend than dartford....
    He could never support Northfleet, he's been brought up proper like, and the dislike of that mob is truly ingrained inhis blood, it's goes backs to when his grandfather fought the Northfleet boys on the tennis courts at the back of the grassbank at Watlin street. I can just about remember all 22 (or was it 21) players getting sent off on a Boxing Day. Proper local derby, where the players turn round and watch the crowd, money or lack of it dosent come into it.Still upset with him living anywhere near that town, but unfortunately Dartford is to upmarket :-) ok dear for them.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Greenwich Borough paying those amounts is debateable when they play in front of about 100 people.

I'd like to know where you got that info from.
  • Options
    The ex owner who passed away recently funded the club, I believe he left them a legacy, two years ago they were paying the now manager Gary Alexander £800 a week, doubt they are paying £2k a week. I woul imagine top earners round the £500-£800 a week.
  • Options

buckshee said:

I know getting a tad boring isnt it.... Started again by people who are think in life are jealous of others.
    Some support our local clubs. And when our poor club, in this case Dartford beat Ebbsfleet there is an extra pleasure. Bit like Charlton beating Chelsea let alone Palarse. Surely you can understand that.
  • Options
    Spot on @redman. No jealousy, but a big win for the underdogs in a big local derby. Charltonbeatng Chelsea is a very apt comparrison.