Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford 2 Ebsfleet 1

Comments

• Options
    Just feels oddly small in terms of seating Dave, the breeze block wall doesn't help
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Just feels oddly small in terms of seating Dave, the breeze block wall doesn't help

Remember, it isn't fininshed yet, lots of work to do. It was vital to get new facilities in place first so there was always going to be a compromise over amount of seats with the limited space available on the Stonebridge Road side. If you go on Gravesham planning portal all the plans are on there.
  • Options
    Poxy game, poxy weather, left just after half time to go and warm up in The Rose (which stinks of dogs)
    You can see the new stand is all about hospitality and conferences
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Poxy game, poxy weather, left just after half time to go and warm up in The Rose (which stinks of dogs)
    You can see the new stand is all about hospitality and conferences

Any dancing?
  • Options
    BDL said:

Stage one replaces the 100 year old wooden stand taking dressing rooms, all corporate facilities/offices, club shop and community hub under one roof. Hence the fact that there are only a few row of seats in the front as the current facilities are, to put it bluntly, not fit for purpose.

Stage 1a replaces the Plough end & supporters bar. This will start in the summer and provide community facilities, as well as a new supporters club bar. Stage 1b will be built on the Swanscombe end with community facilities below. The old Stand, Stage Two, will be the last to go.

Hope that helps!

Be carefull mate the ebbsfleet bashers wont be happy with that...southends away end wasnt as good as that yesterday.
  • Options
    I
    BDL said:

Stage one replaces the 100 year old wooden stand taking dressing rooms, all corporate facilities/offices, club shop and community hub under one roof. Hence the fact that there are only a few row of seats in the front as the current facilities are, to put it bluntly, not fit for purpose.

Stage 1a replaces the Plough end & supporters bar. This will start in the summer and provide community facilities, as well as a new supporters club bar. Stage 1b will be built on the Swanscombe end with community facilities below. The old Stand, Stage Two, will be the last to go.

Hope that helps!

BDL said:

Rothko said:

Remember, it isn't fininshed yet, lots of work to do. It was vital to get new facilities in place first so there was always going to be a compromise over amount of seats with the limited space available on the Stonebridge Road side. If you go on Gravesham planning portal all the plans are on there.
    Looks like the Berlin Wall - the architect must be age 12

Always been a shit hole ground - always will be - when the overseas owner loses interest (let's face it he is only involved because he is involved in the paramount theme park, and do we think that will actually happen ???), Ebbsfleet will be up shit street

Given the money they have spent, and continue to spend, in today's game was there much between the two sides...............nope
  • Options
    Haters will always hate. ;-)
  • Options
    BDL said:

Do you honestly believe this bloke will hang around if paramount doesn't go ahead ??

The money they are spending for the level they are at is crazy

And despite all that Maidenhead are above them !!!!

I will admit that I am a Dartford boy and a Dartford season ticket holder and I was there today and I loath Ebbsfleet from a football perspective

But.............I fear that they are going to come a cropper in the future
  • Options

I

BDL said:

Hope that helps!

BDL said:

Rothko said:

Always been a shit hole ground - always will be - when the overseas owner loses interest (let's face it he is only involved because he is involved in the paramount theme park, and do we think that will actually happen ???), Ebbsfleet will be up shit street

Given the money they have spent, and continue to spend, in today's game was there much between the two sides...............nope
    Shame they didnt show the same commitment at maidenhead.
  • Options

BDL said:

Do you honestly believe this bloke will hang around if paramount doesn't go ahead ??

I will admit that I am a Dartford boy and a Dartford season ticket holder and I was there today and I loath Ebbsfleet from a football perspective

What did the wondeful darts do with the national league and tv money... Remembering you finished nigh bottom and got a reprieve
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maidenhead also have the highest paid managerr in this league.. But dont mention that.
  • Options
    Was going to ask what was happening at Maidenhead, did they land some cash?

I've seen the Fleet a few times in the last couple of years, and for all the money, the team does look average.
  • Options

BDL said:

What did the wondeful darts do with the national league and tv money... Remembering you finished nigh bottom and got a reprieve
    Lived within their means pal
  • Options

Maidenhead also have the highest paid managerr in this league.. But dont mention that.

Highest paid manager ???? So what

Take a look at the overall spend per annum of Shitfleet - dwarfs some league two clubs

Joke club
  • Options
    Rothko said:

I've seen the Fleet a few times in the last couple of years, and for all the money, the team does look average.

BOOM - average sums it up
  • Options
    Maidenhead are currently 10 points clear, don't forget Fleet were 15 clear before they cocked it up last season and Sutton went on their run. Long way to go still.

Yes, Dr. Abdullah is going to stick around and Paramount Park is going to happen. KEH own all the land now.

Agree that there wasn't much between teams today, but then again Tony B did come set up for the draw. Weather didn't help as well.

Still it has to be said that non-league football is very healthy in North Kent with both matches attracting 2.5k attendance.
  • Options

Rothko said:

BOOM - average sums it up
    I agree bottle it when it matters... Too many losers quoting idiotic sums being thrown about. Shows you cant spend your way out... No maidenhead have alan devonshire at the helm. Of course jealous darters would not want any money people coming in. They would turn it down. Rather the council wouldnt let them.
  • Options

BDL said:

Good for them now lets see you turn up for the rest of the season
  • Options

I

BDL said:

Hope that helps!

BDL said:

Rothko said:

Shame they didnt show the same commitment at maidenhead.
    BDL said:

Maidenhead are currently 10 points clear, don't forget Fleet were 15 clear before they cocked it up last season and Sutton went on their run. Long way to go still.

Yes, Dr. Abdullah is going to stick around and Paramount Park is going to happen. KEH own all the land now.

Agree that there wasn't much between teams today, but then again Tony B did come set up for the draw. Weather didn't help as well.

Still it has to be said that non-league football is very healthy in North Kent with both matches attracting 2.5k attendance.

BDL said:

Fair play - so do you think they will get to football league ?

Last season - for me - Sutton were the best team by far - however they are average in the National - can you see Fleet in league two ?

BTW I'm still a long way convinced paramount will happen !!!!!
  • Options
    Rothko said:

I have also seen maidenhead lots of times this and last season. They have a great little player called dave tarpey whose been there a while. Most of their fans cant believe where they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BDL said:

Ehh ????

I'm a season ticket holder and follow away as well - more enjoyable than my last few seasons at the valley I can assure you !!!
  • Options
    I meant your team
  • Options
    @Lordflashheart too much money tied up now in Paramount for it not to happen.

Given how many homes are being built within walking distance of Stonebridge Road, I can see Fleet eventually doing it. Crazy thing is that if Charlton had any sense they'd be going after these "new" residents also.

Went to London after last Fleet home game amazed at how many West Ham came back into Ebbsfleet Station, they are tapping into it, that worries me more.
  • Options

BDL said:

Ehh ????

I'm a season ticket holder and follow away as well - more enjoyable than my last few seasons at the valley I can assure you !!!
    Are there many non leagur teams flashheart that have gone for it ie overspending and have ended up f#cking it up
  • Options
    Tarpey will be gone this window? Certainly sounded that way on the Non league Football Show
  • Options
    clb74 said:

BDL said:

Ehh ????

Are there many non leagur teams flashheart that have gone for it ie overspending and have ended up f#cking it up
    Possibly Rushden and diamonds
  • Options

I meant your team

Ok sorry - misunderstood

Well - Maidenhead was not good, but they seem to be punching well above their weight (squad wise) but Tarpey is on fire - we had a man sent off in poor circumstances

For me - not biased - on Boxing Day we had a team who fought and we're together (Darts) and an expensive squad of players who like the money (Ebbsfleet) - today was v close but we lost

I honestly fear for Ebbsfleet - if the sugar daddy finds a new interest or simply loses interest then how is their outlay sustainable.......and I do love a north kent derby !!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    BDL said:

@Lordflashheart too much money tied up now in Paramount for it not to happen.

Given how many homes are being built within walking distance of Stonebridge Road, I can see Fleet eventually doing it. Crazy thing is that if Charlton had any sense they'd be going after these "new" residents also.

Went to London after last Fleet home game amazed at how many West Ham came back into Ebbsfleet Station, they are tapping into it, that worries me more.

Owning land is fine - getting planning probably a tick in the box - against the background of BREXIT and much financial uncertainty is there a business case - can the local infrastructure in terms of roads cope (NO) - heavily contaminated land as well

Let's see !!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    If you are looking for promising attackers in the conference south, look no further than Adam Coomes.
    The way Jamie Day has got Welling playing at the moment they wiill be a match for any of the aforementioned.
  • Options
    Dammit, I sneaked out with 10 to go. That'll learn me.