Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford 2 Ebsfleet 1

Comments

• Options
    I believe the DA postcode is biggest source of our support.
  • Options
    Is this a link to something as all I get is standard gmail page?
  • Options

Is this a link to something as all I get is standard gmail page?
    Sorry, wrong link

try this one for an old Dartford v Erith FA Cup programme being sold by the museum

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291980546491?ul_noapp=true
  • Options
    Little bit before my time even but remember some of the players.
  • Options
    redman said:

buckshee said:

Another Ebbsfleet hate thread developing .

I know getting a tad boring isnt it.... Started again by people who are think in life are jealous of others.
    Some support our local clubs. And when our poor club, in this case Dartford beat Ebbsfleet there is an extra pleasure. Bit like Charlton beating Chelsea let alone Palarse. Surely you can understand that.
    Sure what dfid dartford do wirth the money trhey got from being in rthe national league, live rtv games and dont forget they had an extra season after being relegated... Course we wont mention that.
  • Options
    Dartford beating ebbsfleet is a comparison with charlton beating chelsea lol.....classic.
  • Options
    Your be saying next cosrta joined chelsea on less money.
  • Options

redman said:

buckshee said:

I know getting a tad boring isnt it.... Started again by people who are think in life are jealous of others.
    Some support our local clubs. And when our poor club, in this case Dartford beat Ebbsfleet there is an extra pleasure. Bit like Charlton beating Chelsea let alone Palarse. Surely you can understand that.
    Sure what dfid dartford do wirth the money trhey got from being in rthe national league, live rtv games and dont forget they had an extra season after being relegated... Course we wont mention that.
    Not sure what your point is here. I am no expert on Dartford finances but it is pretty common knowledge that Dartford are a much poorer club than Ebbsfleet. I am pretty sure the wage bills are massively different. You are the first person to imply otherwise, including many Ebbsfleet followers.
  • Options

The ex owner who passed away recently funded the club, I believe he left them a legacy, two years ago they were paying the now manager Gary Alexander £800 a week, doubt they are paying £2k a week. I woul imagine top earners round the £500-£800 a week.

Crikey how do they manage.
  • Options
    redman said:

redman said:

buckshee said:

Not sure what your point is here. I am no expert on Dartford finances but it is pretty common knowledge that Dartford are a much poorer club than Ebbsfleet. I am pretty sure the wage bills are massively different. You are the first person to imply otherwise, including many Ebbsfleet followers.
    My point is for many years it was the other way round... Didnt see fleet fans whinging about it.... And my point was simple in black and white read irt again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just hope dartford play against Ebbsfleet next week like they did against tmaidenhead the other week. Course they wont... And maidenhead have a very highly paid manager.
  • Options
    I'm the ingress Park massive, I'll take you all on.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

You want some
  • Options

DA9 said:

You want some

Let's aaaaave it
  • Options
    The difference between Dartford and Ebbsfleets finances are that Dartford only spend what they raise themselves as in the past, unlike Ebbsfleet who have Arab money being lavished on them hence the Chelsea comparison!
  • Options

The difference between Dartford and Ebbsfleets finances are that Dartford only spend what they raise themselves as in the past, unlike Ebbsfleet who have Arab money being lavished on them hence the Chelsea comparison!

This was from September 2015, clearly they must have a decent budget as the owner is clearly ambitious. After all people have commented here on the prospect of Ebsfleet overtaking Charlton, which has never been said about Dartford or Welling...

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/sport/dr-abdulla-here-to-stay-42899/
    Ebbsfleet United’s Kuwaiti owner has rejected claims he will get bored and walk away from the club in a couple of years.

Dr Abdulla Al-Humaidi has funded stadium improvements and an overhaul of the playing squad since KEH Sports bought the club two years ago.

Cynics suggest his interest will wane but Dr Al-Humaidi insists they couldn’t be more wrong.

Dr Abdulla Al-Humaidi with Peter Varney before Ebbsfleet's game against Maidenhead Picture: Andy Payton
    He said: "If I was spending small amounts, I would be cynical but the amounts we’re spending here, it’s not about getting bored and moving around.

"We’re spending millions in this football club and tens of millions in this area so it’s not a matter of getting bored and moving around.

"To give you a personal example, I’ve lost interest in Manchester United, the team I supported for a long time. All my focus is Ebbsfleet United, so that is an indication.
  • Options
    Yes millions on the ground just as dartford did buildings a new one... But were forget about that too
  • Options
    So tv money underserved. Plus investment in new facilities equalsnothing.
  • Options

But it has got them nowhere has it.
  • Options

Yes millions on the ground just as dartford did buildings a new one... But were forget about that too

Don't know the exact figures but I think a lot of the cost was met by the council.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dartford lease the stadium from the council.
    It's only a matter of time until Ebbsfleet get there act together and good luck to them too. A fact of life though that people will back the underdog!
  • Options
    Brommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Welllllllllllllllllllll
  • Options

Don't know the exact figures but I think a lot of the cost was met by the council.
    Can't ever have a history after changing their name, mugs now, if they ever wanted to progress, should have stayed as Gravesend and Northfleet.
  • Options
    Totally agree
  • Options
    The name change happened long before Peter was involved and don't forget after the debacle of My Football Club, Fleet were broke and about to die, Dr Abdullah saved them.

Back to the game, it should have been a draw on Monday. Let's see what happens next Monday.
  • Options
    BDL said:

The name change happened long before Peter was involved and don't forget after the debacle of My Football Club, Fleet were broke and about to die, Dr Abdullah saved them.

Back to the game, it should have been a draw on Monday. Let's see what happens next Monday.

Great point.... .
  • Options
    Why should it have been a draw? One team scored more than the other. I wasn't there so you are welcome to take this with a large pinch of salt, but I was following this on the updates, and it sounded like a typical local derby, chances at both ends, and Dartford proved more effective. Next monday may well be a completely different tale, but while Dartford may well have been clinging on to the win in the closing stages, the fact is they clung.
  • Options

Why should it have been a draw? One team scored more than the other. I wasn't there so you are welcome to take this with a large pinch of salt, but I was following this on the updates, and it sounded like a typical local derby, chances at both ends, and Dartford proved more effective. Next monday may well be a completely different tale, but while Dartford may well have been clinging on to the win in the closing stages, the fact is they clung.

Well as I was there I felt Fleet deserved at least one penalty. Fleet were dominating game in last 20 mins and could have, probably should have, got another.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Well as I was there I felt Fleet deserved at least one penalty. Fleet were dominating game in last 20 mins and could have, probably should have, got another.
    Fleet were pushing at the end of the match when tired legs took their toll on Dartford. I assume that's because they're part time whereas Ebsfleet are full time. Indeed Dartford dominated much of the second half, and your keeper Ashmore had to make many good saves.

As for refereeing decisions, there were a number of interesting incidents, which seemed to balance themselves out.