Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Perhaps, he's encouraging them to sell now, by saying he's happy to wait 5 months and get him for nothing ?
  • Leuth said:

Redhenry said:

supaclive said:

Not cut it in the Championship. Good for here and now, but the likes of him and Pearce won't cut it if we have aspirations of competing well in the Championship. HOWEVER, right now we have to try and fight our way out of this shit league, so welcome!

Pearce is probably our best defender. Similar to Morrison but is better at passing. Possibly Slades best signing.
    Better at passing? His distribution is pretty shoddy. Bauer and Tex a MASSIVE upgrade in that department.
    For me, Pearce is better than Bauer
    Bauer is more athletic than Bauer, they complement each other quite well
    Who is this other Bauer of which you speak ?
  • Hope it's a loan deal with a view to a permanent, when they go down and we (hopefully but unrealistically) go up
  • edited January 2017
    sam3110 said:

Hope it's a loan deal with a view to a permanent, when they go down and we (hopefully but unrealistically) go up

If Wigan go down (likely) and we stay down. I'd still like to think we've a chance of keeping him, if he wants to stay.
  • Leuth said:

Redhenry said:

supaclive said:

Not cut it in the Championship. Good for here and now, but the likes of him and Pearce won't cut it if we have aspirations of competing well in the Championship. HOWEVER, right now we have to try and fight our way out of this shit league, so welcome!

Pearce is probably our best defender. Similar to Morrison but is better at passing. Possibly Slades best signing.
    Better at passing? His distribution is pretty shoddy. Bauer and Tex a MASSIVE upgrade in that department.
    For me, Pearce is better than Bauer
    Bauer is more athletic than Bauer, they complement each other quite well
    But what about Bauer?
    The Bauer twins Jason and Patrick :blush:
  • Sponsored links:

• KR describing him as a winger or No 10, so not RB cover
  • Welcome to The Valley Nathan!
  • Stewart said:

Thats a first. someone is actually smiling when signing for us.

I like him already.

so would you with a big sword that close to your jacksie
    Johnnie Jacksie?
  • Another 5ft 10"er
  • KR describing him as a winger or No 10, so not RB cover

He said that about Da Silva too. Millwall will freak out when they're our fullbacks
  • Deserves its own thread surely?

I can't be arsed to type it all out.
  • Get in, excited about this one. If we get Reeves and have Holmes back on the left I can't see a much better attacking side in the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good signing.
  • Byrne's a decent addition .. welcome Nathan and all the VERY best of good fortune
  • I can never get that excited about loans.

You bring in a player to make him better for his owning club.

Even if he's a roaring success, you can't build a team around him...
  • sorry but I'm seriously underwhelmed. If we hadn't got in a massive fee and a decent fee for two players then I'd feel a bit more enthused but we have and at the moment KR is still awaiting for the pot to turn up.
  • Leuth said:

KR describing him as a winger or No 10, so not RB cover

He said that about Da Silva too. Millwall will freak out when they're our fullbacks
    So will Dillon Phillips!
  • TelMc32 said:
    Either we've got a tiny photographer or Nathan Byrne has passed the CharltonLife Height Test with flying colours?
    @Ollywozere is standing on a box for that pic : - )
  • I can never get that excited about loans.

You bring in a player to make him better for his owning club.

Even if he's a roaring success, you can't build a team around him...

I got pretty excited about the Jorge Costa loan. We were been burned fairly badly on loans in the Pardew/Parky era but there's no reasons loans can't work out for both sides. I'm sure that if it works out for Byrne there's no way he'll stay at Wigan, especially if they go down. If on the other hand it doesn't work out he'll go back. The worst case scenario is that he performs well for us and Wigan get an improved player out if it - he still played well for us. At our level, with the tightwad ownership we have getting in what looks like a decent player, regardless of whether he's temporary or not, is the most we can hope for. He's not Anil Koc on loan and for that I'm happy enough