Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Leuth said:

KR describing him as a winger or No 10, so not RB cover

He said that about Da Silva too. Millwall will freak out when they're our fullbacks
    Or tear us a new arsehole if we find out they can't defend.....
  • Stewart said:

Thats a first. someone is actually smiling when signing for us.

I like him already.

Not smiling, chronic wind
  • Good signing for me, we get a young hungry player with a point to prove, who hopefully helps us to the play offs, and if the unthinkable happens and we win them then he will probably want to stay.
    I can't see the new signings coming in to sit on the bench in league 1 so when everyone is fit then what will or strongest team be?
  • What with lookman being sold
    Bodaka away in the African cup
    And Holmes not yet 100 %
    A good signing hopefully
  • sorry but I'm seriously underwhelmed. If we hadn't got in a massive fee and a decent fee for two players then I'd feel a bit more enthused but we have and at the moment KR is still awaiting for the pot to turn up.

It's possible we wanted to buy, but Wigan wouldn't sell, only loan.
  • I can never get that excited about loans.

You bring in a player to make him better for his owning club.

Even if he's a roaring success, you can't build a team around him...

Well Wigan obviously don't fancy him and they're likely to be back in league one next season anyway, so who's to say it can't be made permanent in the summer if he does well?
  • Nathan Fox on trial today for U23s. Played RB

Looked decent.

Was up against Cardiff's best play Matt Kennedy but did OK, good on the ball. Was with Cray Wanderers for a while.

Remind you of anyone?

Looked decent.

Was up against Cardiff's best play Matt Kennedy but did OK, good on the ball. Was with Cray Wanderers for a while.

Remind you of anyone?

Looks like Wiggo to me

Looked decent.

Remind you of anyone?

Perfect, that will slightly wind people up
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought he was ok, nothing special.
  • Why don't we just all wait and see what happens.

And move on, and get over it.
  • Halix said:

uie2 said:

ross1 said:

From Ketts on Dr Kish:

Striker linked

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/866325322?-11197:833:0

Robert Lee's son!!! Yes please!
    I didnt realise Robert Lee had played for us!, I've skimmed through his autobiography and thought he had started and spent his entire career at Newcastle under Kevin Keegan. You would have thought he would mention us.
    @Halix Is that a serious comment? I'm not saying you're telling porkies but that's pretty poor show from Rob Lee if that's the case.
  • dickplumb said:

I thought he was ok, nothing special.

Agree, didn't stand out but as I said was up against their best player in the first half.

• Swisdom said:

There's a youtube video of Nathan Byrne - I know they are designed to make a player look good but this did a very good job. Several decent finishes and more attacking threat in a 3 minute video than we ever saw from a recenly departed left back. Not convinced he's a proper defender - might be more attacking than that

He looks pacy, comfortable on the ball and attack minded. 13 goals for a 24yo full back is a very decent return. Highly promising...if it's true

https://youtu.be/Anx7fagibVY
    Some good goals there, however I'd like to see a video of his mistakes and see how many goals he's cost compared to scored or made.
  • Looks very rapid in those video clips.
  • edited January 2017

Halix said:

uie2 said:

ross1 said:

From Ketts on Dr Kish:

Striker linked

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/866325322?-11197:833:0

Robert Lee's son!!! Yes please!
    I didnt realise Robert Lee had played for us!, I've skimmed through his autobiography and thought he had started and spent his entire career at Newcastle under Kevin Keegan. You would have thought he would mention us.
    @Halix Is that a serious comment? I'm not saying you're telling porkies but that's pretty poor show from Rob Lee if that's the case.
    Have you read it? I tell you what I thought of it, I gave my signed edition to the Charity Shop because it was stinking out the bookcase.

• Swisdom said:

There's a youtube video of Nathan Byrne - I know they are designed to make a player look good but this did a very good job. Several decent finishes and more attacking threat in a 3 minute video than we ever saw from a recenly departed left back. Not convinced he's a proper defender - might be more attacking than that

He looks pacy, comfortable on the ball and attack minded. 13 goals for a 24yo full back is a very decent return. Highly promising...if it's true

https://youtu.be/Anx7fagibVY
    Some good goals there, however I'd like to see a video of his mistakes and see how many goals he's cost compared to scored or made.
    I'll probably regret this, but I've never seen Byrne make a costly mistake & I reckon I've seen him play about 10 times.

He looked quality at this level, but that was 18 months ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can never get that excited about loans.

You bring in a player to make him better for his owning club.

Even if he's a roaring success, you can't build a team around him...

I got pretty excited about the Jorge Costa loan. We were been burned fairly badly on loans in the Pardew/Parky era but there's no reasons loans can't work out for both sides. I'm sure that if it works out for Byrne there's no way he'll stay at Wigan, especially if they go down. If on the other hand it doesn't work out he'll go back. The worst case scenario is that he performs well for us and Wigan get an improved player out if it - he still played well for us. At our level, with the tightwad ownership we have getting in what looks like a decent player, regardless of whether he's temporary or not, is the most we can hope for. He's not Anil Koc on loan and for that I'm happy enough
    Buyens, Bulot and Rudd, all successful loan signings in the last 3 years. Makienok divided opinion but at the very least contributed at times. That McAleny fella we had from Everton was a waste of spce though.

Loans work just the same as permanent signings - if you sign a player of the right ability and attitude, and do so for the right reasons (i.e. you actually want them rather than just need to sign somebody... anybody) then the chance are they will do, at a minimum, alright.
  • J BLOCK said:

We offered 100k for Dempsey at Huddersfield

where did you hear that? lol
  • Stewart said:

Thats a first. someone is actually smiling when signing for us.

I like him already.

Not smiling, chronic wind
    CLB74.
  • In £10 Million

Out £100,000

Says it all really !

Regardless of how much money you have in the bank, why would you bid more than the minimum amount you think you can get a player for?

This happened in the summer with Magennis, everyone bitching about the club's lowball offers, but it turned out it was a negotiation, the club was willing to spend more if needed, and they got their man in the end.
  • So if Reeves is a no go until the summer and according to KR we're going to 'splash the cash', who do we reckon that will be on? If it's a striker then we're still desperately short of creativity in the middle.
  • I reckon it will be on an attacking midfielder or left winger, someone who's going to polarise the fans, but whilst frustrating some of the time, will win a couple of games single-handedly too.

No idea who
  • So another loan and with few players no doubt out of contract at the end of the season, we will be entering next pre season with no squad AGAIN.