Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everton agree fee for Lookman (ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options

We're having a Boxing Day sale, buy one player and get one free...

Have noticed your Defence isnt up to scratch at the moment and have a lovely Centre-Back called Roger Johnson if you want him thrown in too, has a League Cup Winners Medal and experience with Pune City... Need I continue?

Haha

Er, I'm familiar with Mr Johnson's work. I'll pass but thanks for the offer. (ps our defence is the only thing that is remotely up to scratch)

• Options
    "Oh hi! Hi, worms! I remember you lot. Was a right laugh when McFadden scored that goal in your relegation season wasn't it? Anyway, we're Big News now and you're tinpot nothings, but it seems we're signing one of your players! Always lovely when we get to pick and choose our feeder clubs. Dog eat dog world! We had it done to us with Rooney. Ah, but that's another level, another level entirely. This player of yours - he'll be no Rooney I'm sure, but dear old Romelu is in need of some attacking support right now and a little birdie tells me that he's the most talented player in League One? Well, maybe that'll do, maybe it won't. For every Dele Alli there are ten...well of course, nobody remembers their names! But yeah, if you wouldn't mind, give us the lowdown? Then I'll leave you lowly fellas in peace, head back to Premierland. Ta-ra!"
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

We're having a Boxing Day sale, buy one player and get one free...

Have noticed your Defence isnt up to scratch at the moment and have a lovely Centre-Back called Roger Johnson if you want him thrown in too, has a League Cup Winners Medal and experience with Pune City... Need I continue?

Haha

Er, I'm familiar with Mr Johnson's work. I'll pass but thanks for the offer. (ps our defence is the only thing that is remotely up to scratch)

Thats just charmin' the bloke has more Winners Medals than most of your squad!! ;)
  • Options
    BBC London 94.9 just said Lookman's £10m move to Everton is 'expected' in January transfer window.
  • Options
    Good luck to the boy. have heard he doesn't really want to leave but I guess that's out of his hands. hr is a very talented player and will, hopefully, realise his full potential after a couple of years' with a decent premiership outfit. Anyway, he'd be crazy to stay at Charlton as there is only one way we're heading with the Belgian loons in charge and it's not the premiership!
  • Options
    Fair enough - well, I'm ill right now, hence cranky. But those are nice words. Lookman has good control, balance and shooting. Playing alongside Lukaku I can see him doing damage. Gueye won't be in the team long if he keeps missing open goals, so I could certainly see Lookman getting a game. Good luck in your latest quest for 7th (6th?) place
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lookman has all the pace, tricks, skill and work rate/ background to go far @RoyalBlue . Not sure this season is the right one for him to start but with far better players around him who knows. He is slight in frame which could be a problem and he is a little inconsistent (as you would expect from a young, tricky winger).

Plenty of our fans don't seem to let a skilful kid develop before getting on their backs, hopefully yours are more patient.

Good luck to the lad, him, Gomez and Kasey Palmer could all be England regulars in future if they really hit their potential and because of our billionaire owner we will be lucky enough to say we saw them play 50 games total for us.
  • Options
    For 10m I will drive him up there myself and pay for his overnight hotel stay.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Double or twin you little minx?

• Options
    So he's still our player on 31 December. I expect him to run out at Southend:-)

(He will, of course, be at home wrapped in cotton wool).
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

Hiya ladies and gents. Belated Merry Christmas to you all. Everton fan here, and I come in peace and with much love and respect. Obviously heard the news about us signing Lookman and about us wanting to put him straight into the first team squad.

Please excuse my ignorance but I've not seen him play. I've tried to read up about him as much as possible, and seen the obligatory youtube clips. Taking club loyalties out of it temporarily, just wondering if you wouldn't mind giving me an honest appraisal of what we can expect, now and in the future, from him? What are his strengths and weaknesses? And how much potential do you think he does/doesn't have?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!

He isn't currently up to Premier League standard. As @dickplumb says, with the right coaching he could be, but this isn't a player for now, it's one for the future. He needs more game time in all honesty. He is still learning and a loan to a Championship club will do him a lot of good.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

No need - I think you'll find KM booked a Liverpool Travelodge back in September to take advantage of the cheap advance rate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:

MrOneLung said:

No need - I think you'll find KM booked a Liverpool Travelodge back in September to take advantage of the cheap advance rate.
    And the London to Liverpool Megabus apparently.
  • Options
    @RoyalBlue he has potential. In all the years I've been watching football I think the one thing players have either got or they haven't is a first touch. Lookman certainly has a good touch. It's really hard to tell because we're a million miles away from the Prem and it will be a massive step up and first touch alone isn't enough to be successful at that level.

He does have a good shot. He can beat players at our level, but how many nippy wingers have we all seen at the top level that love a step over followed by the eventual cul-de-sac

Who knows mate, who knows
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

Thanks a lot to everyone who responded. An interesting mix of comments about Lookman.

Just a couple of things. Thanks for the warm welcome extended by everyone. Even the one slightly snarky comment was quite a funny one, and I dare say our fans would make the odd comment if an opposing fan posted on our forums, so no worries at all about that.

Also, some of our fans aren't the most patient with young players either, so I know how frustrating that element of the support can be when you are trying to develop a young player with potential, and give him space to improve and learn from mistakes.

Finally, best of luck to your club in the rest of the season and in the future. I recall plenty of tough games against you boys, and a few losses for us in amongst that. Genuinely sorry to see the issues that you guys are experiencing at the moment. Hope that's a temporary thing, and that you make your way back to the top flight. Other clubs have overcome similar situations with terrible ownership, so keep the faith!

We all like to see our own do well, I hope Everton look after him, would be a shame to see all that potential go to waste.
  • Options
    PS @Leuth sorry you're feeling cranky over the festive period
  • Options
    Can we get another liar flag pointed at Katrien with her "lookman will not be sold quote"
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

Thanks a lot to everyone who responded. An interesting mix of comments about Lookman.

Just a couple of things. Thanks for the warm welcome extended by everyone. Even the one slightly snarky comment was quite a funny one, and I dare say our fans would make the odd comment if an opposing fan posted on our forums, so no worries at all about that.

Also, some of our fans aren't the most patient with young players either, so I know how frustrating that element of the support can be when you are trying to develop a young player with potential, and give him space to improve and learn from mistakes.

Finally, best of luck to your club in the rest of the season and in the future. I recall plenty of tough games against you boys, and a few losses for us in amongst that. Genuinely sorry to see the issues that you guys are experiencing at the moment. Hope that's a temporary thing, and that you make your way back to the top flight. Other clubs have overcome similar situations with terrible ownership, so keep the faith!

Thanks la, oh and ignore the sarky poster who goes by the name of Leuth, we tend to.