Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt returns (a wishful thinking thread)

Comments

• Options
    I don't see it that way. He isn't incompetent for a start.
  • Options

All the same things that were said about Slade are being said about Robinson.

"Got to give him a chance, new era, things have changed, good signings like Ajose"

Slade was dumped when he wouldn't do what the regime wanted, Slade wasn't the problem and neither is Robinson.

In the short term Robinson will have an impact, especially now with his own players and the injured players back, and if he beats Millwall he'll be a hero.

But the underlying issue of the regime will remain and we'll still be in league one.

What wouldn't slade do?
  • Options

"Got to give him a chance, new era, things have changed, good signings like Ajose"

Slade was dumped when he wouldn't do what the regime wanted, Slade wasn't the problem and neither is Robinson.

In the short term Robinson will have an impact, especially now with his own players and the injured players back, and if he beats Millwall he'll be a hero.

But the underlying issue of the regime will remain and we'll still be in league one.

What wouldn't slade do?
    Pick an attacking side and try to win a match the negative cnut
  • Options

And the other more recent but unconfirmed rumour about him singing 'we want Roland out' airing training?

Sounds like we should be supporting having him in the team. Perhaps CARD could sponsor his shirt?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Dazzler21 said:

Is there any evidence of this at all? Genuine questions.
    Yes, the regime wanted him to try to win games
    If only
  • Options

And the other more recent but unconfirmed rumour about him singing 'we want Roland out' airing training?

Sounds like we should be supporting having him in the team. Perhaps CARD could sponsor his shirt?
    Love it to have been true, unfortunately not but still sounds good.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

All very negative Henry...but I think you've got it spot on. One of the biggest issues I have with this regime is that they've made me so suspicious about everything that goes on, and they've made me abandon most of my hopes in relation to success. Now I'm very much wait and see what happens and refusing to get excited about what might be.

I want KR to do well, I want to get right behind him and believe that he is the manager that can work with these people and bring some success on the pitch. But I'm very aware of what has gone before, and unfortunately my head tells me that he'll be gone in a matter of months and someone else will be the pin-up guy for Meire's really, really new, honest guv, era.
    I totally get this, and football is all about that never-dying hope amidst the ashes of normal seasons. That's why for me it's never been about the results, it's been about what they've done to the club and the fans.

Talking to a few of the players at the POTY do last year, many felt exactly the same - and only one of those is still with the club. Says it all.
    Most players ultimately care about their salary and winning things. When managers come and go, they get on with it. When we left the Valley in 1985, it wasn't the players who organised the protests

The majority of the "decent" players who left did so because they didn't want to play in L1. I'm sure that they all disliked RD and KM, but that wasn't the reason they left
  • Options

What wouldn't slade do?
    I know. What a lad !

Genuinely laughed out loud at that!

Top man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Apologies @Alwaysneil the below was a joke that far too many people have taken seriously. If I had more than 140 characters I would have had him throwing pigs on the Sparrows Lane pitch as well

Omg!!! That's so f**king funny!
  • Options
    Sneaking suspicion that TW will make the bench on Saturday. I think Robinson might have liked Watt's bit of arrogance about scoring six if he had been playing against Rovers.

Won't make a blind bit of difference. We'll still lose.
  • Options

Sneaking suspicion that TW will make the bench on Saturday. I think Robinson might have liked Watt's bit of arrogance about scoring six if he had been playing against Rovers.

It depends on his fitness, and he looked knackered in that youtube clip! What we don't know is whether that was after a long period of intense sprinting, or just a gentle jog around the pitch...
  • Options

It depends on his fitness, and he looked knackered in that youtube clip! What we don't know is whether that was after a long period of intense sprinting, or just a gentle jog around the pitch...
    In fairness I think he's a shoe in to be on the bench, our attacking options were Ajose, Ahern Grant, umerah.

Botaka gone who started and foley has left don't leave a lot really
  • Options

In fairness I think he's a shoe in to be on the bench, our attacking options were Ajose, Ahern Grant, umerah.

Hopefully we'll see something like the below against Millwall

Rudd
    Solly | Bauer | Teixeira | Page
    Crofts
    Aribo | Konsa
    Holmes | Magennis | Chicksen

Subs: Phillips | Lennon | Dasilva | Forster-Caskey | Jackson | Ajose | Watt
  • Options
    Fingers crossed as well that Millwall get a 4th Round tie against one of the big boys (Man City etc.) and lower their performances for the next few weeks so they dont get hurt and so dont miss an opportunity of a life time playing such a big side.

Sadly though cant see a Millwall side ever being allowed to do that
  • Options

Rudd
    Crofts
    Aribo | Konsa

No way will Forster-Caskey not play surely? The biggest signing this window

I'd love to see a fit Holmes playing, but to come back after 2/3 months out and go straight into the starting lineup would be a risk
  • Options

Rudd
    Crofts
    Aribo | Konsa

No way will Forster-Caskey not play surely? The biggest signing this window

I'd love to see a fit Holmes playing, but to come back after 2/3 months out and go straight into the starting lineup would be a risk
    Its Millwall... Its a risk worth taking ;)
  • Options

I don't understand why people aren't warming to KR more. Gobby shite is one among many insults I have seen bandied about here.

I like him - I like his style of interview and I think he brings a freshness. He is the archetypal person who opposition fans hate and home fans love (think Savage, Bellamy etc).

Happy to have him on board personally.

i think its because we know what happens come end of the season, if we dont go up roland will pull the trigger and its the same thing over and over again. seems like a nice bloke but think he talks a good game havent seen much proof so far, bristol rovers aside havent been setting the league on fire, i like others will give him the transfer window and till the end of feb then we should have a good marker of what hes made out of playoff spots are getting further away.
  • Options

Rudd
    Crofts
    Aribo | Konsa

Where will you put Nathan Byrne our new winger?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Rudd
    Crofts
    Aribo | Konsa

Where will you put Nathan Byrne our new winger?
    Along with Watt that's quite a good bench for a change
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15070/charlton-boss-karl-robinson-tony-watt-one-best-players-league-one-can-keep-track/

Interview with Watt. Nothing new really, but KR does confirm Holmes on the bench for Millwall
  • Options

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15070/charlton-boss-karl-robinson-tony-watt-one-best-players-league-one-can-keep-track/

Interview with Watt. Nothing new really, but does KR confirms Holmes on the bench for Millwall

It does look like it. I can't see Holmes starting after being out for 2/3 months

“Hopefully his clearance gets passed and he’ll be in the squad for Millwall"

You'd have thought we were bringing in someone from Afghanistan or Syria, how long does it take to bring someone back from Scotland!
  • Options
    '“So many people focus on Tony’s negatives,” said Robinson. “It’s so easy in our walk of life to do that – whether you are watching TV programmes or any sport. My job is to focus on the positive aspects of Tony Watt, and that he is one of the most talented footballers that we’ve got.'

I have him right there. For whatever you say about Karl so far I do think his handling of Watt has been exceptional.

Proof however will be in the performance.
  • Options

'“So many people focus on Tony’s negatives,” said Robinson. “It’s so easy in our walk of life to do that – whether you are watching TV programmes or any sport. My job is to focus on the positive aspects of Tony Watt, and that he is one of the most talented footballers that we’ve got.'

I have him right there. For whatever you say about Karl so far I do think his handling of Watt has been exceptional.

or in the pudding?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

or in the pudding?
    Novaks eaten all the puddings.
  • Options
    Does international clearance usually take this long?
  • Options
    Not when they are leaving de cloob!
  • Options

Interview with Watt. Nothing new really, but KR does confirm Holmes on the bench for Millwall

no he doesn't, he says 'could be'
  • Options
    Also JFC may not be fit, although he played for the under 23 the other day, probably not match fit