Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt returns (a wishful thinking thread)

Comments

• Options

Having seen the video I really can't understand how Watt has managed to score one goal in 20 games this season. Was it a massive deflection off an opponent's shin?

Worse. I believe it was a header!
  • Options
    Once big mag is playing up front i believe TWWW will score on a regular basis
  • Options
    masicat said:

tony1234 said:

Gonna stick a tenner on him to score 1st goal on sat

Ha Ha Ha. You sure.
    Just gotta feeling ......
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    It's been a wee while since we saw it in a Charlton shirt, but to be fair to Watt, he has done a lot more than just hold it by the corner flag once. When you watch these videos, you realise how he scores most of his goals, receiving the ball facing the goal, either by getting onto a through ball or by beating man or two running from slightly deeper. Just how many times has he been given that kind of service since he first broke into the side? I think, ultimately, we're going to see him playing No. 10 off Big Mag, and I think that could work for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWRa-N_gEmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOMbFuF6TOw
  • Options

Once big mag is playing up front i believe TWWW will score on a regular basis

No he won't he'll be bench warming then
  • Options
    He was magic against Huddersfield. Don't expect him to hit those heights anymore, sadly. Prove me wrong Tony.
  • Options
    I'd love to see him score on Saturday. But he doesn't, at the moment, look like a 20 goal a season type of striker. Would like to be proved wrong.
    He does have a great turn on him though. But I'd prefer to see it in and around the penalty area, rather than on the wing or in midfield.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    He needs to be playing off of Magennis to get the best out of him. He also needs to get properly fit.
  • Options
    if he was getting it in every time, it wouldn't be a very good training exercise would it? A few months of it a couple of times a week and you'd see and improvement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think him and Big Mac hitting it off is the key to us going on a run. Put Holmes in the mix and that is a potent attack!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

He needs to be playing off of Magennis to get the best out of him. He also needs to get properly fit.

And when has there been any evidence of Watt getting fit?
  • Options

dickplumb said:

And when has there been any evidence of Watt getting fit?
    Wasn't that a comment made by KR about he would have to work hard and he'd know he'd been at training before getting any chances?
  • Options
    Robinson seems a 433 man and therefore I can't see Watt playing when macgennis comes back
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Robinson seems a 433 man and therefore I can't see Watt playing when macgennis comes back

Unless Watt plays on the left (he's decent at cutting in) or he plays behind Magennis something like.......

- Back four

- Crofts JFC

-Botaka Watt Holmes

-Magennis
  • Options
    Is that real?
  • Options
    Yup. Announced on Charlton twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great player but complete nutter and disruptive influence who senior players forced out once but Gobby accepted back because he was told to.
  • Options

Cheers, not a good sign imho.
    He's evidently after praise for the number of goals and assists since he returned
  • Options
    i love tony watt
  • Options

Player who had potential but complete nutter and disruptive influence who senior players forced out once but Gobby accepted back because he was told to.

Fixed for you
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Player who had potential but complete nutter and disruptive influence who senior players forced out once but Gobby accepted back because he was told to.

Fixed for you
    Shite player who ball hogs and flatters to deceive, but complete nutter and disruptive influence who was told to feck off by other players because doesn't have the discipline or temperament to be a professional footballer, who was brought back because Robinson was asked him or Vetokele, and Watt was the pandering choice to appease fans somewhat
  • Options

Is that real?

is what real?

what was?

• Options
    Wish I was this shite at football:
    https://youtu.be/rSIu2ScntQ8
  • Options
    Blimey you did well to find that one from the archives! Have you got his one and only goal from his 23 games this season too? I won't ask for any of his assists because there aren't any of those to show.
  • Options
    What's going on, what has he done