Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt returns (a wishful thinking thread)

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:

I don't understand why people aren't warming to KR more. Gobby shite is one among many insults I have seen bandied about here.

I like him - I like his style of interview and I think he brings a freshness. He is the archetypal person who opposition fans hate and home fans love (think Savage, Bellamy etc).

Happy to have him on board personally.

I hate that gobby comment. Contemptible. He deserves way more respect than that.
    Yes, but that's only ONE person.
  • Options
    Sorry I know I've missed a post from some time ago but what had Watt supposedly done/ what happened before he left Charlton the first time around?
  • Options
    Floebot said:

Sorry I know I've missed a post from some time ago but what had Watt supposedly done/ what happened before he left Charlton the first time around?

Apparently fisty cuffs with another player, but never confirmed by anyone within the club.
  • Options
    Floebot said:

Wasn't there a story about cheating at cards while playing with team members
  • Options
    it would help if he wasn't a regime apologist, but he has to be to do his job, and he is a bit hobby, but then he's scouse so it comes with the territory really, I'm currently in the 'I think he's alright and stands a chance of being one of the few who could make a success out of dealing with these losers'
  • Options

All the same things that were said about Slade are being said about Robinson.

"Got to give him a chance, new era, things have changed, good signings like Ajose"

Slade was dumped when he wouldn't do what the regime wanted, Slade wasn't the problem and neither is Robinson.

In the short term Robinson will have an impact, especially now with his own players and the injured players back, and if he beats Millwall he'll be a hero.

But the underlying issue of the regime will remain and we'll still be in league one.

I just hope you're wrong - you're probably right but I hope you're wrong for all our sakes!
  • Options
    purdis said:

"Got to give him a chance, new era, things have changed, good signings like Ajose"

Slade was dumped when he wouldn't do what the regime wanted, Slade wasn't the problem and neither is Robinson.

In the short term Robinson will have an impact, especially now with his own players and the injured players back, and if he beats Millwall he'll be a hero.

But the underlying issue of the regime will remain and we'll still be in league one.

I just hope you're wrong - you're probably right but I hope you're wrong for all our sakes!
    I hope we get better owners but who knows?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017

All very negative Henry...but I think you've got it spot on. One of the biggest issues I have with this regime is that they've made me so suspicious about everything that goes on, and they've made me abandon most of my hopes in relation to success. Now I'm very much wait and see what happens and refusing to get excited about what might be.

I want KR to do well, I want to get right behind him and believe that he is the manager that can work with these people and bring some success on the pitch. But I'm very aware of what has gone before, and unfortunately my head tells me that he'll be gone in a matter of months and someone else will be the pin-up guy for Meire's really, really new, honest guv, era.
  • Options

I don't understand why people aren't warming to KR more. Gobby shite is one among many insults I have seen bandied about here.

I like him - I like his style of interview and I think he brings a freshness. He is the archetypal person who opposition fans hate and home fans love (think Savage, Bellamy etc).

Happy to have him on board personally.

He's been out drinking in the streets of Blackheath and Crayford with Millwall fans.,
  • Options
    Or indeed potentially feasible.
  • Options
    Ah, shame, I kind of wanted it to be true @AFKABartram but good to clarify.
  • Options

Not entirely true though. I've seen no evidence that Slade was dumped because he disobeyed the regime (like Powell was).
  • Options

Not entirely true though. I've seen no evidence that Slade was dumped because he disobeyed the regime (like Powell was).
    Didn't want the spy Chris O'laughable in his set up.... so was shown the door.
  • Options

Didn't want the spy Chris O'laughable in his set up.... so was shown the door.
    Allegedly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Neither have I but @Airman Brown has.

• Options

Robinson is my type of manager - I just like the cut of his jib. Think he is the right man for Watt. Genuinely excited about Watt absolutely killing defences in this league now Robinson saying he is committed to us and playing for us - Magennis and Watt will be the best front two in this league - I have no doubts about that. By a bit of a distance at a that.

love the positivity . Robinson reminds me of a scouse Dowie; I hope he's more successful
  • Options
    If Tonino couldn't wait to leave when we were in the Championship then you can only believe KR when he says Tony is very pleased to be back with us in League 1.
    That said if he was going to be in the squad against Smallwall then I would try to get some tickets, probably not hard enough to actually get some given how stupidly hard the club will make it but I'd have tried for around 10-minutes I'd have thought...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    With a bit of luck Watts allowed to play and won't be on the bench for 3 months like Tex.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

If Tonino couldn't wait to leave when we were in the Championship then you can only believe KR when he says Tony is very pleased to be back with us in League 1.
    That said if he was going to be in the squad against Smallwall then I would try to get some tickets, probably not hard enough to actually get some given how stupidly hard the club will make it but I'd have tried for around 10-minutes I'd have thought...

Mind you I do have some grouting that needs looking at.....

• Options

Is there any evidence of this at all? Genuine questions.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Is there any evidence of this at all? Genuine questions.
    Yes
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    wmcf123 said:

Robinson is my type of manager - I just like the cut of his jib. Think he is the right man for Watt. Genuinely excited about Watt absolutely killing defences in this league now Robinson saying he is committed to us and playing for us - Magennis and Watt will be the best front two in this league - I have no doubts about that. By a bit of a distance at a that.

love the positivity . Robinson reminds me of a scouse Dowie; I hope he's more successful
    I suppose a big factor is I hate inflexibility and defence orientated thinking. I think you win more points trying to win every game 3-0 rather than be scared not to lose it. I like a manager that plays Tony Watt, despite people saying he shouldn't. I hate this regime but Robinson isn't part of the regime.
  • Options
    He is kind of a part of the regime