Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017

When was the last time Kent and Charlton both won on the same day?

That's exactly what I thought.

Thought they'd left the declaration a bit late but sounds like a very good performance.
  • Options
    Nice to have a bit of depth in our seam attack, so that Claydon can be rested

We even have a bit of batting depth, with no Weatherley or Blake playing
  • Options
    Very strong batting and bowling unit today, probably the strongest Kent XI for some years today.
  • Options
    Kent 7/2
  • Options
    Only joking. 7/0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stewart said:

Kent 7/2

Almost "flagable" given the likelihood of that happening.
  • Options
    20-0 off 4. This isn't T20 is it?
  • Options

Toss uncontested - Kent will bat. Harris comes in for Claydon.

Bell-Drummond, Dickson, Denly, Northeast, Gidman, Stevens, Rouse, Parnell, Harris, Tredwell, Coles.

That seam attack is sensational but just look at that tail with Tredders at 10 (he's opened in the CC before) and Coles at number 11.

Now I've said that we will probably be 80 all out!

Looks to me like Stevens is one place to high. So actually means whilst you bat deep the tail starts higher.
  • Options

Bell-Drummond, Dickson, Denly, Northeast, Gidman, Stevens, Rouse, Parnell, Harris, Tredwell, Coles.

That seam attack is sensational but just look at that tail with Tredders at 10 (he's opened in the CC before) and Coles at number 11.

Looks to me like Stevens is one place to high. So actually means whilst you bat deep the tail starts higher.
    It's a bit like England who seem to have several No 7 batsmen in the team between 6 and 9
  • Options

That's OK because when Billings comes in at 5 it will still mean Stevens batting at 8 with "only" 38 career hundreds to his name - and our number 11 will still have an average of 20. Beats Dernbach and Footitt and their single figure averages.
  • Options
    Hameed struggling for form - two ducks on the trot and only 173 in 11 innings since he played for England.
  • Options

20-0 off 4. This isn't T20 is it?

22-0 off 7

Thanks for that

• Options
    I'm not going to say that we are going to win this match because we all know what will happen if I do. BUT, given that there are less CC matches this season, three wins from three would go a long way to knocking a number of contenders out of contention - well Durham anyway!
  • Options

That's OK because when Billings comes in at 5 it will still mean Stevens batting at 8 with "only" 38 career hundreds to his name - and our number 11 will still have an average of 20. Beats Dernbach and Footitt and their single figure averages.
    Haha was talking about the Kent lineup but sure let's talk Surrey on here. I know own you all love it when I do.

Our bowlers are there to bowl. I don't want my 10 and 11 to get runs I want them to get wickets.

I think the Currans and Batty at 789. Is more than good enough as a tail. Especially with the quality in our top order.
  • Options
    39-0 off 13.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Haha was talking about the Kent lineup but sure let's talk Surrey on here. I know own you all love it when I do.

Our bowlers are there to bowl
    . I don't want my 10 and 11 to get runs I want them to get wickets.

I think the Currans and Batty at 789. Is more than good enough as a tail. Especially with the quality in our top order.
    We saw that against Lancs - 470 from 122-6. Oh and Warwickshire 61-0 by the way.
  • Options
    52-0
  • Options

52-0

44 in boundaries
  • Options

Our bowlers are there to bowl
    . I don't want my 10 and 11 to get runs I want them to get wickets.

We saw that against Lancs - 470 from 122-6. Oh and Warwickshire 61-0 by the way.
    This is the same Lancs side that are currently 39-5!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

52-0

44 in boundaries
    The art of rotating the strike is dead. RIP.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

52-0

44 in boundaries
    The art of rotating the strike is dead. RIP.
    That's how I used to play - either fours or sixes (or clean bowled). Nothing to do with the art of rotation, more that I didn't like (couldn't run) quick singles. I think the technical term is lazy b*****d.
  • Options
    Kent 77-0

Lancs 46-6 v Somerset

Warwick 88-0 v Surrey (with their great bowling attack)

• Options
    83-2

Dickson goes for 41 and Denly is out for a golden.
  • Options
    Just lost dickson & denly in successive deliveries. 83/2. DBD there on 38*
  • Options

Just lost dickson & denly in successive deliveries. 83/2. DBD there on 38*

That's more like it!!