Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    84/5 at lunch. Luke Wright starting to tee off, hopefully we aren't on the end of his annual 160 off 70 balls knock!
  • Options

84/5 at lunch. Luke Wright starting to tee off, hopefully we aren't on the end of his annual 160 off 70 balls knock!

In their situation, it makes sense to chance his arm. Hopefully his luck won't hold!
  • Options
    As a Sussex supporter, I would expect 304 to be plenty. The Sussex bat line up is comprised of about 10 players that would look fine coming in at 6, 7 or 8. There are not many potential 50s in the team.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    97-6. Wright gone third fifteenth ball after lunch. 29 off 19 balls, c Rouse b Coles.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    121-7. Rawlins 22 c Gidman b Parnell
  • Options
    Parnell again - could be making them follow on here
  • Options

Parnell again - could be making them follow on here

Follow on avoided! Would love a 100 lead.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Almost a 50 partnership for Sussex... need another wicket ASAP.
  • Options
    Wiese out, Claydon bowler. 174/8
  • Options
    192/9 - Philander becomes Claydons fourth victim
  • Options
    Tail wagging. Sussex could bat in reverse order and would do just as well.
  • Options
    Absolutely brutal last wicket partnership this. 77 & counting - looking like a one innings shootout
  • Options
    284-9, humph
  • Options
    Same old Kent...
  • Options
    291 all out.
  • Options
    Finally! 291 all out - coles gets brown for 90
  • Options
    Charlton are shit.

The tail wags against Kent.

Roland is a twat.

Grass is green.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton are shit.

Roland is a twat.

Grass is green.

Three guarantees in life... death, taxes and...
  • Options

Kent are worse than Surrey.

Roland is a twat.

Grass is green.

Fixed! :p
  • Options
    DBD taking it to them this innings. Lead 73 with 10 overs left. 60/0
  • Options

Big score should be possible. It looks like Sussex are down to two main bowlers and one third change. I think a comfortable lead is on the cards unless Kent bat badly or Archer performs magic again.
  • Options

Big score should be possible. It looks like Sussex are down to two main bowlers and one third change. I think a comfortable lead is on the cards unless Kent bat badly or Archer performs magic again.
    You don't really enjoy following Sussex do you?
  • Options
    You can always rely on a tail wagging when Kent are fielding.
  • Options
    CHG said:

When you support Charlton in the winter and Sussex in the summer, it's a tough life. Injuries to the better player seem to happen with regularity. The standard of their team has dropped rapidly over the last 3 or 4 years. There are some very promising youngsters. If they can keep them, they will be a decent side in 2 or 3 years. The problem now is that the First Division is tending to snap up the better players and the gap is widening. But, I do love my cricket and enjoy watching Sussex play.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

CHG said:

When you support Charlton in the winter and Sussex in the summer, it's a tough life. Injuries to the better player seem to happen with regularity. The standard of their team has dropped rapidly over the last 3 or 4 years. There are some very promising youngsters. If they can keep them, they will be a decent side in 2 or 3 years. The problem now is that the First Division is tending to snap up the better players and the gap is widening. But, I do love my cricket and enjoy watching Sussex play.
    At least you had a decent spell not that long ago, whereas Kent's glory days (other than the very occasional cup) were back in the 1970s!
  • Options

CHG said:

At least you had a decent spell not that long ago, whereas Kent's glory days (other than the very occasional cup) were back in the 1970s!
    Well, that's very true. I'll be there tomorrow. I think Kent will set 350ish, which will be far too many. This could be Kent's year to get back to the first division. They weren't far off last year.