Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    CHGCHG
    edited April 2017
    Parnell, Harris and the other overseas due in on Parnells departure can have one spot. Would rather Dickson get in the side over Weatherly.
  • Options
    Rouse is a very good keeper (and I know from experience an excellent coach too) and has done very well at times with the bat too but imagine our batting line up with Billings at 5, Gidman at 6 (first class average just under 40) and Stevens at 7 (average 35 plus).
  • Options
    Very strong, if Coles can rediscover some form too. I read in the cricinfo div 2 review that the feeling on the county circuit is that we are very run heavy, just need to add 20 wickets consistently to our game and we will be in the mix.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    CHG said:

Parnell, Harris and the other overseas due in on Parnells departure can have one spot. Would rather Dickson get in the side over Weatherly.

Not quite as bad as the likes of Sussex (Wiese, Van Zyl and Philander), Hants etc though. Having said that, I don't think many of us moaned when we won the T20 with Van Jaarsveld, Mclaren, Arafat and Malinga in the side. In fact, we only had four home grown players in that team.
  • Options
    62-2

Denly bowled Shahzad 24

Dickson 21*
  • Options
    67-2 at lunch off 30

We seemed to have been playing for lunch too with only two scoring shots off the last nine overs.

• Options
    Having seen the wickets now I think both DBD and Denly will be exceptionally disappointed with their judgement of the "leave".
  • Options
    not exactly cricketing weather, particularly as wind can blow off the sea at Hove. Doubt if it is going to be a high scoring game.
  • Options
    Meanwhile carnage in the IPL - Buttler goes early for the Mumbai Indians then Badree takes a hat trick and now 7-4.
  • Options
    Northeast caught by Wiese off of Shahzad. 116/3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    116-3

Northeast out for 23

Dickson 49*
  • Options
    141 for 4. That should be enough to beat Sussex.
  • Options
    Dickson vindicating his selection and currently 63*
  • Options
    152/5 Dickson out for 68
  • Options
    152/6 - Rouse goes first ball
  • Options
    @Addick Addict nice one mate :-)
  • Options

@Addick Addict nice one mate :-)

Why change the habit of a lifetime?
  • Options
    The strange thing about our batting this season is that our two representative players, who were both in form for the North v South matches in Dubai, have managed just 78 runs between them in 6 innings. Perhaps they've become warm weather players only!
  • Options
    225-6

I am not going to say anything like "an excellent undefeated partnership of 73 between Stevens (42*) and Parnell (29*)" because we all know what would happen if I were to.
  • Options
    Stevens pushing for Ashes tour
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Stevens pushing for Ashes tour

I'm not the only one with the "gift"

Stevens out for 68 swiftly followed by Tredders for 1.

Parnell 40*

276-8
  • Options
    304-8

Parnell 51*
    Coles 7*
  • Options
    304 all out. However we have an early wicket. Coles getting the new ball off Stevens!
  • Options

304-8

Parnell 51*
    Coles 7*

Think you'll find that's my 2nd and 3rd wickets of the day :-(
  • Options
    Archer took 7-67. He's only just 22 and is a real prospect.
  • Options
    Comfortable win for Kent here, I fancy.
  • Options
    Parnell gets a couple early doors, Sussex 25/3
  • Options
    Claydon gets 2 in an over, 58/5 off 32 overs.
  • Options
    That 304 is looking like a very competitive total now, as Boycott likes to say you can't judge a first innings score until both teams have batted!