Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options

Kent are worse than Surrey.

The tail wags against Kent.

Roland is a twat.

Grass is green.

Fixed! :p
    Piss off
  • Options
    I see Billings hit 55 off 40 balls know the IPL today!
  • Options

Archer took 7-67. He's only just 22 and is a real prospect.

He can bat too - 60 not out today and an average of 31.75. Probably makes him the best number 11 playing first class cricket.
  • Options
    Looks like Phillander's out of the game with a groin injury and SA might recall him to manage his recovery. I hope that this doesn't have a knock on effect with SA recalling Parnell too in order to protect their quickies.
  • Options

He can bat too - 60 not out today and an average of 31.75. Probably makes him the best number 11 playing first class cricket.
    Hopefully he'll actually play for the West Indies as they need such talent actually playing for them
  • Options

Shahzad would have been 11 but for being nightwatchman...but he'd be one of the better 11s too!

We (Worcs) had Shantry at 11 today and that's a spot or two too low for him as well
  • Options
    Kent lead now at 150. Dickson still there on 55. 137/3
  • Options
    Dickson lbw b Shahzad 89

Northeast 81* (94)

Healthy partnership of 123.

235/4 (248 run lead)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    254-5 and a lead of 267

Gidman out for 6
    SNE 93*

If we can get to a lead of 370 plus with an hours play left today we should be in a good position. Especially if Phillander is unable to bat.
  • Options
    Well done SNE - another ton.

289-5 and a lead of 302
  • Options
    I'm not even going to mention the weather......

:smile:
  • Options
    I am happy to mention the weather
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    335-5 at tea for a lead of 348. Bat for another 50 minutes for a lead of 400 and that gives us an hour plus tomorrow (weather permitting) to bowl them out.

SNE 130*
    Stevens 38*

• Options
    SNE and DS teeing off, 29 from last two overs
  • Options
    413-5 and 426 ahead. Really ought to declare now - this is a really good opportunity to win another game.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Silly to still be batting.
  • Options
    Bad light stops play. Probably the reason we batted on.
  • Options
    Off for bad light. Disappointed if we haven't declared now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not looking likely for any more play is it?
  • Options

Not looking likely for any more play is it?

Stumps - 426 ahead.
  • Options
    I reckon Kent should have declared at 360 ahead. It would have been enough IMHO. I still think Kent will win unless weather intercepts.
  • Options
    Pitch looks to have flattened out. Declare over night and go at them like a train?
  • Options
    Batted too long imo
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Batted too long imo

I agree, but I can see why at this stage in the season you'd want to make the game safe beyond doubt before going for it.

Could regret it come the end of the season though.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Batted too long imo

I agree, but I can see why at this stage in the season you'd want to make the game safe beyond doubt before going for it.

Could regret it come the end of the season though.
    You'll never get that potential win back. The same thing happened in the first Test against India.
  • Options
    Hard to say if it was the right decision of not without being there. Kent obviously wanted 400, it could be by the time they got close the light was starting to fade, so it was a case of either make hay for a few over before going off, or declare and risk having to bowl doing at the openers with the new ball.
  • Options
    do they still offer the light to the batsmen? If so and we had declared they would have had to offer it to the Sussex batsmen too who would have taken it, so perhaps we just carried on accumulating runs until umpires decided it was too dark.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

do they still offer the light to the batsmen? If so and we had declared they would have had to offer it to the Sussex batsmen too who would have taken it, so perhaps we just carried on accumulating runs until umpires decided it was too dark.

My understanding is that they don't now and make their own decision regarding the light. It is down to the Umpires as to whether they consider it dangerous. They might say, however, to the bowling side, for example, "we are looking at the light but will consider that decision on who is bowling". So if the bowling side insist in persevering with a quickie they would then come off. The Umpires then take a reading and that reading is used to guide them regarding the light for the rest of the match.