Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page (ed. New contract to 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I hope no one is going to be predictable and make a "that's when he'll next be fit" or similar joke : - )

Good news
  • Options
    No brainer for Page. A new deal with his bad luck of injuries. Win win for him.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
  • Options
    Until 20.20 that's only 4 hours away.
  • Options
    Very pleased.

Hope the others sign soon.
  • Options
    Was hardly in a position to knock back a contract offer under his present and previous circumstances.

Hope his injury nightmare is behind him.
  • Options
    Hope he can stay injury free. Good news. Hope many others follow
  • Options
    Still very young,hopefully plenty of time to get rid of this injury jinx and we can see the best of him
  • Options
    Good news but by the end of that contract I still doubt he’d have played 50 games for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully him repaying is for staying by him. Really improving so hopefully this is the end of his woes
  • Options
    Good to have him signed on until 2020, though it's the bare minimum of an extension for a relatively easy player to get to re-sign.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Good to have him signed on until 2020, though it's the bare minimum of an extension for a relatively easy player to get to re-sign.

It looks like our decision doesn't it ?
    If Lewis plays a certain amount of games it's automatically extended to 2021 and if he doesn't because of injuries, we can let him go.
  • Options

It looks like our decision doesn't it ?
    If Lewis plays a certain amount of games it's automatically extended to 2021 and if he doesn't because of injuries, we can let him go.
    Mutual benefit to be fair, with his injury record it's not as if he'd be guaranteed better options elsewhere if he ran his contract down, and I'm sure he's settled personally here as well
  • Options
    Good news, rate him
  • Options
    Da Silva was a hard act to follow but Lewis has stepped up and since the wonder goal against Plymouth (or Rotherham ?) the fans has really taken to him. I just wish him an injury free period as he's had a hard time with different knocks including when playing at the valley with Coventry.
    Seems a really good lad when chatting with him at Bromley.
  • Options
    The contract of an unproven, injury ravaged player has been extended by a year, possibly 2. Not really cause for bunting and party poppers is it? And that's before we read Bowyer's next breath "we'll definitely be looking for a left back in January" - firmly keeps LP in his place, no? I really hope LP grows into a serviceable squad member, but after all this time there's been little evidence to support that notion. The club trumpeting such minor issues is just another grating reminder of how far down the food chain it has descended. Is there a word for retrograde evolution?
  • Options

The contract of an unproven, injury ravaged player has been extended by a year, possibly 2. Not really cause for bunting and party poppers is it? And that's before we read Bowyer's next breath "we'll definitely be looking for a left back in January" - firmly keeps LP in his place, no? I really hope LP grows into a serviceable squad member, but after all this time there's been little evidence to support that notion. The club trumpeting such minor issues is just another grating reminder of how far down the food chain it has descended. Is there a word for retrograde evolution?

Devolution. You're welcome. Quite apart from which, Page is certainly talented and when fit a good or even great FB at this level, if injury prone, hence competition/cover sought in January. It's perfectly standard business despite your attempts to paint it in the worst possible light.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    See you next season Lewis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel for the guy, only 23 but he's just one of those footballers where it will ravage his career. Be worth signing another left back if we had a better budget but we'll have to make do. 
  • Options
    Must do his head in keep getting injured.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Feel for the guy, only 23 but he's just one of those footballers where it will ravage his career. Be worth signing another left back if we had a better budget but we'll have to make do. 
    You can't imagine his contract being renewed next summer
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Good 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Agreed. He seems to be the (very) low budget version of Benjamin Mendy.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Depends who the owner is

Page is effectively second choice LB in my eyes now because of how injury prone he is... Unless we've another LB coming through the Academy I reckon he'll be kept around as the cheap option
  • Options
    with a squad as thin as ours we can't carry passengers, he's literally made of glass that bloke.
  • Options
    with a squad as thin as ours we can't carry passengers, he's literally made of glass that bloke.
    Such SH1T English!!!!!!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Depends who the owner is

Page is effectively second choice LB in my eyes now because of how injury prone he is... Unless we've another LB coming through the Academy I reckon he'll be kept around as the cheap option
    If you just want a cheap backup LB, they're ten a penny. Pointless keeping Page on unless he can sort out his injury record