Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page (ed. New contract to 2020)

Comments

• Options

Croydon said:

Wasn’t there on Saturday but I think he’s been excellent this season personally, and is consistently being undermarked and under appreciated from the fans

I like Page a lot, he's much better defensively than Da Silva and is the kind of player that will really get stuck in for the cause, has a bit of nastiness about him too which we need in this league. I do believe his crossing is extremely poor for a modern day left back though.
    I think he has put some excellent crosses in for this season, hence why he has a few assists.
    His crossing was awful on Saturday but to be fair has been decent in most other games this season
    Yeah with him I think it's more about consistency. He definitely has the ability to put a very good ball in, but sometimes his accuracy isn't great. Again, what you expect from a young League One fullback.
  • Options
    Who changed the thread title

P45 coming
  • Options

Who changed the thread title

P45 coming

PL45
  • Options
    Might as well change the thread title back.
  • Options
    PAGE MIGHT BE OUT FOR THE SEASON

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Well done sir ;)

I think everybody could see he wasn't fit. Bet he's out for a while now. Not happy!
  • Options
    I said to leave it as it was!
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Whose changed the title
    Jinxed him now

Bump
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Didn't someone say Scott Golbourne was training with us? Or what is the injury situation with Mascoll?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mascoll is injured, Golbourne signing for A N Other.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    If thats the case then Saturday has got to be Solly at LB and Marshall RB
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I think Marshall is decent either side. Although earmarked as a winger, he is able at tracking back so FB should be no problem.

But I'd go three at the back if Pole is fit. MM in that set up also.
  • Options
    The RD era.

Small squad, no cover, play when obviously injured, make injury worse, out for longer, play kid not ready instead, wonder why we are shit each season.
  • Options
    I'll agree with you on Roland
    The teams not shit though and it wasn't last season.
  • Options

The RD era.

Small squad, no cover, play when obviously injured, make injury worse, out for longer, play kid not ready instead, wonder why we are shit each season.

This in big red letters. It f*cks us every season.
  • Options
    We always seem to end up with unbalanced squads, and not all of that can be blamed on Roland. Partially it's down to recruitment, and partially down to having injuries in the wrong places.

Last season we had too many CBs, and as a result Sarr and Lennon hardly played, while KR spent all summer trying to get Reeves in and the laughable pursuit of Grigg, so we were left light up front with the panic signing of Dodoo instead.

This season we don't seem to have enough defenders or defensive players, but have ample resources up front and in attacking midfield. Igor, Ajose and Reeves on the bench, Marshall not even in the squad, with Ward due back soon and Clarke a month away, and that doesn't include any youngsters like Lapslie or Morgan.
  • Options
    Has been impressive this season but can't last no longer than 10 games on the spin. Shame that he can't stay fit
  • Options
    Page is sadly too injury prone.
  • Options
    Is he? He’d have probably been fine if we had proper cover for him. He’d have been rested a few games ago like Grant and Reeves have recently.

There was an interview with him where he talked about his injuries. He was overtraining, this time he’s been overplaying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Is he? He’d have probably been fine if we had proper cover for him. He’d have been rested a few games ago like Grant and Reeves have recently.

There was an interview with him where he talked about his injuries. He was overtraining, this time he’s been overplaying.

Presumably the medical team must know? Would be irresponsible if they've neglected him.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

• Options

Change the thread title ffs phone nearly got launched.

clb74 said:

Change the title

clb74 said:

Change the title

Please do I feared the worst
    I hope you guys are happy with yourselves....
    You want to blame bowyer mate, I said last week you don't play an injured player.
    All this b@llocks about we don't have any one else.
    Page will probably be out for longer, oh and even if bowyer don't like he will now have to play someone else.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Change the title

clb74 said:

Change the title

You want to blame bowyer mate, I said last week you don't play an injured player.
    Page will probably be out for longer, oh and even if bowyer don't like he will now have to play someone else.
    So who exactly would you have played then? The (also injured) youth team player? Solly on his wrong foot (which last night proved is... Not great)? Marshall the right footed winger out of position? Pray, give us your wisdom.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Change the title

clb74 said:

Change the title

So who exactly would you have played then? The (also injured) youth team player? Solly on his wrong foot (which last night proved is... Not great)? Marshall the right footed winger out of position? Pray, give us your wisdom.
    Nobody knows the full story and whether playing has hastened his injury - I hope the club have managed it properly.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

why do you keep shouting at us
  • Options
    Bowyers done well so far.... But the decision to keep playing Page has backfired. Hearing six weeks out.
  • Options
    Will be the same as last year.
    We will be playing injured players and they will top up being injured for longer.
    Mr Bowyer I do understand the situation
    We might of only had to play dijsteel against scunny and cov and we might of lost them two games.
    But we might now be without page for what 6 games.
    If we have an injured player do not play him
    Play an u18 player if so be.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Bowyers done well so far.... But the decision to keep playing Page has backfired. Hearing six weeks out.

A back four of Solly, Pearce, Sarr, Dijksteel with minimal cover won't cut it. Bielik, Bauer and Page all missing shows up our squad fragility, it's only 1 or 2 players short of a proper squad, but the one position we have no cover in is the very same position our most injury prone player operates