Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What was the point of holding up fans in Floyd Road after the game ?

Both sets of fans streaming together towards the station after the game and the police held everybody up in Floyd Road. What was the point of doing that ? There were young kids in amongst that lot and from where I was near the top it looked like down the hill it was getting cosier by the second and the police horses in the middle of the crowd had nowhere to move. Not a good scenario

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    The OB did the same thing before the game at the bottom of Floyd Rd. Saw some near 60 year old flat cap wearing 5 ft something spanner wanting to have a ruck with anyone.

Think the OB do it, to provoke it kicking off and them being able to justify them being there.
  • Options
    Ridiculous. Coked up Neanderthals throwing punches at anyone while the coppers did nothing. Son punched and they did nothing. Ridiculous policing
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

They didn't have it all their own way for a change. Saw a number of Charlton fans confront mouthy scum only to see them melt. Typical bully boys like the team.
    Also heard on police radio, reports of Millwall being "set upon" by Charlton. This may not appeal to some/many but I detest the way they strut around living off a reputation of days gone by. Majority of them these days are mouthy little oiks

Pulling the lion's tail?
  • Options
    Think that was done back in 2012 when we landed at New Cross, much to the locals surprise!

Nice of them to make a show during the game this time knowing everyone was in the ground, hats off to our olduns holding the lib!

For what it's worth Taxi, if they wanted to they could take the living piss even in 2017, bigger fish to fry!
  • Options
    Was a pretty scary situation for a while. I challenged OB about it and they said I didn't know what was going on - that there had just been an incident with a pub getting smashed up so they had to hold people back? The only "pub" nearby was the Lib - anyone know of any post match incident?

Felt like Old Bill were the ones looking for trouble to justify their overtime and I hate to be saying that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    weegie - was the one mentioned above, their youngsters turned up during the game to have a pop at the Lib.

Lot of bottles and other debris thrown, most scarpered when people came outside. Hats off to the handful from our side a la Rorkes Drift!
  • Options
    Talking of fans, anyone see right at the beginning of the game about 10 Millwall fans run from the east stand to the Jimmy seed stand, and then the stewards do nowt about it? And then the OB do nowt about it too. God for bid if the coin was flipped
  • Options
    edited January 2017

weegie - was the one mentioned above, their youngsters turned up during the game to have a pop at the Lib.

Lot of bottles and other debris thrown, most scarpered when people came outside. Hats off to the handful from our side a la Rorkes Drift!

They don't like it up em you know, Good old @Off_it (Colour-Sergeant Bourne used to be his avatar for newcomers to the site) :wink:
  • Options

Why weren't "our side" at the game too ? L
  • Options

Talking of fans, anyone see right at the beginning of the game about 10 Millwall fans run from the east stand to the Jimmy seed stand, and then the stewards do nowt about it? And then the OB do nowt about it too. God for bid if the coin was flipped

Shame they weren't all carrying North Korean flags.
  • Options
    No idea officer :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps detective constable Cliff Eager has a view?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

He must be as clueless as the squirrel.
  • Options

seth plum said:

He must be as clueless as the squirrel.
    No one's as clueless as her.
  • Options
    It's massively cultural I think. The only Millwall fans I have even though the slightest interaction with are Millwall fan and BBW on here. That's not because I don't choose to it's just that since I left secondary school and 6th form in 2000, I've genuinely not met or come across one in all my time at work.

From the posts they both make they come across as good lads who just support their team and seem like quite intelligent posters. I'm sure they both like getting vocal in the away end and like Millwall fan said y'day he and his boy were trying to get a few chants going

From what they post on here I can't imagine them being that type.

I know exactly the type being referred to and just accept it as being part of their club. There are probably loads of historical and cultural reasons for it that over time perpetuate it to carry on
  • Options
    cabbles said:

It's massively cultural I think. The only Millwall fans I have even though the slightest interaction with are Millwall fan and BBW on here. That's not because I don't choose to it's just that since I left secondary school and 6th form in 2000, I've genuinely not met or come across one in all my time at work.

From the posts they both make they come across as good lads who just support their team and seem like quite intelligent posters. I'm sure they both like getting vocal in the away end and like Millwall fan said y'day he and his boy were trying to get a few chants going

From what they post on here I can't imagine them being that type.

I know exactly the type being referred to and just accept it as being part of their club. There are probably loads of historical and cultural reasons for it that over time perpetuate it to carry on

Every club has its idiots, we're no different. Against Bristol Rovers, one of their fans (not a youngster) was giving it large to the Charlton fans walking to the ground (to much amusement from most)

Millwall does have a higher percentage of them though...
  • Options
    I was shielding my grandson from some handbags stuff on the route to the station when I asked a police officer why the Millwall fans had not been kept back like we were at their place. He said that the orders came from high up that there should be no lock in and that in view of the number of police officers on duty any potential situation could be contained. Absolute crap. Must admit though there was not really much going on but the 2 skirmishes I saw were both set up by drunken addicks fans.