Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What was the point of holding up fans in Floyd Road after the game ?

Comments

• Options

They are not all bad and we do have our fair share of idiots, by keeping them locked in for 15 mins after the game would have prevented all of this, idiotic fan management today by the club and the OB, there is only 1 bloody way to get to the train station ffs.

We should keep them behind for 30+ minutes, they do it to us every bloody away game.
  • Options

Why do we "always"get locked in at The Toolbox but they aren't at The Valley?

1. `We' don't want to upset them.
    2. `We' want to get shot of them as soon as poss.
  • Options
    They should have split Floyd Road with police so both sets could access the station without mingling. They used to do this fairly successfully. Allowing fans to mingle only results in trouble. Do Charlton fans really want to come out at the New Den with Millwall? I'd rather wait 20 or 30 minutes to let the majority bugger off first.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Agreed - ive never seen a Charlton dad whilst holding their kid's hand offer someone out like the example cited above. That takes some real stone island hardness

If incidents like this were identified on film and the culprits given lifetime bans by Millwall (or the other clubs they support for that matter) - then the problem would soon be reduced. They do it because they think they can get away with it and because it makes them feel more significant than they actually are.
  • Options

Why do we "always"get locked in at The Toolbox but they aren't at The Valley?

I can't understand why each year the police make such a mess of this. Remember that time that they messed the Charlton fans around, making them take a big detour (March 2013)?. Why do they never learn, and why do they not do as you say and hold them back? This is an accepted tactic perfected here, and now copied across Europe.

Seriously, do we need to challenge the police and the club over this? We've done it before, which makes it all the more galling that the issue comes up again.

That was a joke. I was living in westcome park at the time and I remember having to go on some bloody ramble all the way up to Charlton village and back down. We can't even pin that one on the bloody regime
  • Options

They are a completely different breed to us. Couple of them made a big show of walking through the Charlton crowd by the club shop after giving it the Miiiii and challenging people to have a pop. Both of the holding hands with their little kids. What kind of w***er would do that with their kids with them???

Should have chinned the kids.....that would have learned 'em.
  • Options
    Millwall only sold tickets to season ticket holders who had enough points from away games to qualify. Basically yesterday's Millwall attendance was the scarvers. Yes, they spit venom and act like they are proper naughty, but most of them haven't had a fight since junior school. They are normal people pretending to be hooligans. 98 percent of Millwall games pass off completely trouble free home and away. At the 2 percent that don't, it is not the likes of yesterday's Millwall that cause the trouble. It is those who only turn up for the one offs !

I walked down Floyd road at 2:45 yesterday and it was comical to watch them, playing let's pretend we're mad, violent hooligans. They were fucking knobs playing at it. Making a scary noise Miiiiiiiii...... an swearing a lot, doesn't make you hard !

• Options

Didn't know they had Twitter in the dark ages
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Millwall only sold tickets to season ticket holders who had enough points from away games to qualify. Basically yesterday's Millwall attendance was the scarvers. Yes, they spit venom and act like they are proper naughty, but most of them haven't had a fight since junior school. They are normal people pretending to be hooligans. 98 percent of Millwall games pass off completely trouble free home and away. At the 2 percent that don't, it is not the likes of yesterday's Millwall that cause the trouble. It is those who only turn up for the one offs !

I walked down Floyd road at 2:45 yesterday and it was comical to watch them, playing let's pretend we're mad, violent hooligans. They were fucking knobs playing at it. Making a scary noise Miiiiiiiii...... an swearing a lot, doesn't make you hard !

Agreed - lamest looking Millwall support I've seen walking out the ground. I only saw a few hundred of course but they would not have looked out of place leaving our West stand. Sort of correlates with the poor vocals too. Not sure what Millwallfan thinks as he was there and I wonder if he noticed a difference in their support compared to previous games!?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Not sure about the drunken addicks fans but it was getting nasty by the time we reached the top of Floyd Rd. Police on horses all over the place, presumably trying to keep some kind of order but making it dangerous for fans on foot just trying to get away from the area. Wouldn't have wanted to be in the way of a hoof...had enough of those during the match !

I thought we'd had this situation after the game the LAST time we played them at The Valley !

Surely lessons should have been learned from that ?

What involvement in the policing plan did Cliff Over Eager have, I wonder...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I saw some trouble on the way up Floyd Road. Argy-bargy between a bloke in his 50s, I would say, who was very vocal, and a guy in his late teens - early 20s. A bit of pushing and shoving, in which a few bystanders got caught up in (Including myself). They were pulled apart and, eventually, proceeded on their respective ways.

Both Charlton fans, I might add...
  • Options

I saw some trouble on the way up Floyd Road. Argy-bargy between a bloke in his 50s, I would say, who was very vocal, and a guy in his late teens - early 20s. A bit of pushing and shoving, in which a few bystanders got caught up in (Including myself). They were pulled apart and, eventually, proceeded on their respective ways.

Was one of them singing "We don't want Roland out"?
    They were all in crossbars.
  • Options
    Could it be that Constable Cliff Eager got to retirement, but then scored a cushy number on the back of his CV to avoid getting bored?
    Could it be that Constable Eager is as useless as the doughnut scoffing cops from The Simpsons?
    Could it be that Commander Clifford Eager is keen on following up an agenda aimed at targeting the kind of harmless yet dissenting fans that annoy Tony Keohane?
    Could it be that Sergeant Mr C Eager knows the kind of threats a few police officers have honed to perfection ('we're watching you') in order to establish subservience?
    Could it be that Cliff Eager is fantastically hard working and scrupulously fair in ensuring the safety and pleasure of all who attend the Valley without fear or favour, assuming that everybody is innocently going about their business and only being part of any intervention when presented with incontrovertible evidence?
    I have never met him so I wouldn't know.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Was one of them singing "We don't want Roland out"?
    They were all in crossbars.
    Like your good self my friend.

Rumour has it that you have bought yourself some trousers, can you confirm?
  • Options

Agreed - lamest looking Millwall support I've seen walking out the ground. I only saw a few hundred of course but they would not have looked out of place leaving our West stand. Sort of correlates with the poor vocals too. Not sure what Millwallfan thinks as he was there and I wonder if he noticed a difference in their support compared to previous games!?
    Was in your end, was quite a poor atmosphere all round. Game didn't help.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Talking of twitter, this fella seems like a nice bloke. Tweeting Ben Thompson asking him where his dead brother has gone. Nice. Sam Green. Anyone on here know him? Apparently he's deleted all his social media accounts. Might have to go in to hiding as his address is now being passed around. Reap what you sow I suppose.

• Options

Talking of twitter, this fella seems like a nice bloke. Tweeting Ben Thompson asking him where his dead brother he gone. Nice. Sam Green. Anyone on here know him? Apparently he's deleted all his social media accounts. Might have to go in to hiding as his address is now being passed around. Reap what you sow I suppose.

Oh dear!!! Not a very bright boy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scummy thing to tweet out, didn't see too many of youres condoning the galatasaray flags etc when you played Leeds, every club has knobheads but judging by his age he probably lives at home etc with parents, it's a tweet sent from a mobile phone bit ott going to the fellas parents house etc, as for the millwall that attacked the liberal they come a cropper aswell, as there identity i believe is also known, back to the football apart from that little prick Stroud I thought we were awful and we're lucky not to be 3-0 down at ht, poor show from millwall yesterday barely heard them all game. Was good to see the north upper busy again.
  • Options

Scummy thing to tweet out, didn't see too many of youres condoning the galatasaray flags etc when you played Leeds, every club has knobheads but judging by his age he probably lives at home etc with parents, it's a tweet sent from a mobile phone bit ott going to the fellas parents house etc, as for the millwall that attacked the liberal they come a cropper aswell, as there identity i believe is also known, back to the football apart from that little prick Stroud I thought we were awful and we're lucky not to be 3-0 down at ht, poor show from millwall yesterday barely heard them all game. Was good to see the north upper busy again.

Personally, I utterly condemn (if that's what you meant, as opposed to condone) the galatasary flags. Don't agree with it at all. Although I think a lot of people see Leeds as fair game, as they were the first to engage in this sort of behaviour by chanting about Munich and other things, en masse. Although personally I don't think two wrongs make a right but there you go. Personally tweeting a young man about the death of his young brother, I believe, is taking it too far.
    The fella lives with his girlfriend apparently at her parents. Can you imagine how awkward it must be there right now? He's 23 years old, so no little kid, and should know better.
  • Options
    those comments are bang out of order. I'm sure the Clubs social media Police will be on the case.
  • Options
    Yes should know better and in life you have to stand by your decisions, but a few "wall" turning up round the house isn't exactly right is it, probably the same fans that would join in with Galatasary shit, im not defending him it's a scumbag thing to do it really is writing stuff like that, the good thing with Saturday was as I understand it you only sold tickets to season ticket holders? Which explains why there wasn't much trouble, as the once a years didn't turn up similar to us.
  • Options
    Social media - an idiots charter!

You wouldn't catch me saying stupid shit on the int...er....ER!

• Options
    Disgusting thing to say by the helmet and if he's been found and threatened I'm sure it's a harsh lesson learned and he won't be making offensive remarks in the future to anyone , div .
  • Options

Yes should know better and in life you have to stand by your decisions, but a few "wall" turning up round the house isn't exactly right is it, probably the same fans that would join in with Galatasary shit, im not defending him it's a scumbag thing to do it really is writing stuff like that, the good thing with Saturday was as I understand it you only sold tickets to season ticket holders? Which explains why there wasn't much trouble, as the once a years didn't turn up similar to us.

Can't disagree with much of that. Although I'm not a ST holder these days and I managed to get 5 tickets just by asking about.

• Options
    my argument wasn't that he didnt do any wrong was more that its not his house that millwall were outside its the gf parents, why do they need agg brought to there door. its a really horrible nasty thing to say and although ive never said/tweeted anything of that calibre a few on here would probably be offended if they heard what i was saying about keith stroud.
  • Options
    I wonder if the brave gang outside this lad's house are the same ones who bottled a few Charlton fans on the door at the Liberal Club at 4pm? What this idiot has said is on social media is disgusting but does it deserve more condemnation than a group of 20 so-called Millwall fans who deliberate target a bar whilst the game's in progress with the sole intention of physically attacking what they see as rival supporters? I hope they are all on the camera and will be getting early morning visits in the weeks to come from the police. Affray and actual bodily harm are serious offences and carry near mandatory jail sentences. Gobbing off on Twitter not quite the same.