Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What was the point of holding up fans in Floyd Road after the game ?

Comments

• Options
    The singer with the Les Paul is Adrian Smith.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

RedPanda said:

They are not all bad and we do have our fair share of idiots, by keeping them locked in for 15 mins after the game would have prevented all of this, idiotic fan management today by the club and the OB, there is only 1 bloody way to get to the train station ffs.

We should keep them behind for 30+ minutes, they do it to us every bloody away game.
    Isn't the argument that if you lock them in they smash the place up?
    Could have been kept in Valley Grove and allowed humans to get the station, their cars etc
    Millwall weren't like that in my day. Well at least not in the directors' box.
    They had their ground closed back in the 1920s for hooliganism and numerous times since. Always been the same.
    I was '64-'66. I never saw any trouble at games I went to with JS during school holidays. I guess they were too busy going on CND marches and learning pottery.

Were you at the Old Den in August 1966 James? Only I was and I can assure you there was definitely agro and no segregation in those days as a certain respected poster on here and I'm sure a few others can confirm, To jog the memory it was at the time of the infamous police murderer Harry Roberts being on the run.
    I was there Red, lovely sunny afternoon if I remember correctly.

I don't recall any bother at that one but it got very nasty in the return at the Valley in December. Stu M. was in the thick of it in Floyd road after the match. Just under 30,000 at the game.

Both games ended 0-0
    I was at the 0-0 at The Valley, but I was only ten and don't remember the match at all.
  • Options

The singer with the Les Paul is Adrian Smith.

So the band was Urchin?
  • Options
    Spot on James, did you follow them back in the day or did you use google:-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

RedPanda said:

They are not all bad and we do have our fair share of idiots, by keeping them locked in for 15 mins after the game would have prevented all of this, idiotic fan management today by the club and the OB, there is only 1 bloody way to get to the train station ffs.

We should keep them behind for 30+ minutes, they do it to us every bloody away game.
    Could have been kept in Valley Grove and allowed humans to get the station, their cars etc
    They had their ground closed back in the 1920s for hooliganism and numerous times since. Always been the same.
    I was '64-'66. I never saw any trouble at games I went to with JS during school holidays. I guess they were too busy going on CND marches and learning pottery.

Were you at the Old Den in August 1966 James? Only I was and I can assure you there was definitely agro and no segregation in those days as a certain respected poster on here and I'm sure a few others can confirm, To jog the memory it was at the time of the infamous police murderer Harry Roberts being on the run.
    I was there and I remember getting chased half way round the ground ,i was only eleven years old at the time.
    Lucky for them they never cought me: )
  • Options

Spot on James, did you follow them back in the day or did you use google:-)

Google I'm afraid. I was into punk and 'new wave' in '77 so Urchin wouldn't have been on my radar. Played in a few bands myself, but never in a pub full of Millwall fans.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

RedPanda said:

I was there and I remember getting chased half way round the ground ,i was only eleven years old at the time.
    I was in my mid teens and was glad to get out unscathed, mentally scarred me though and they're spot in with their moronic song, I don't like them................ one ioata.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

RedPanda said:

Chicken.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

RedPanda said:

Chicken.
    I was 11 ffs
  • Options
    edited January 2017

RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

RedPanda said:

Chicken.
    Better to be a live coward than a dead hero, anyway it's not that easy for us taller lads to creap out of the bottom of a mass brawl :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was my very first experience of playing millwall and i can honestly say that over the next 15 years or so it never got much better.

Bunch of cnuts
  • Options

RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

RedPanda said:

Chicken.
    I was 11 ffs
    Don't swear at me old man.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

RedPanda said:

Chicken.
    Better to be a live coward than a dead hero, anyway it's not that easy for us taller lads to creap out of the bottom of a mass brawl :wink: .
    Unlike pocket dynamos.
  • Options

Someone who knows Ben Thompson said it really did cut him up when he got that tweet. His brother only died a couple of years ago and they were very close. Struggling to find any sympathy for this Sam Green at the moment TBH and I'd be saying the same if the roles were reveresed and it was a Millwall fan who had done this to a young Charlton player.

That's really upsetting. Poor bloke. The fact Thompson replied to the tweet as well shows it wasn't something he could shake off as pathetic social media abuse. Wouldn't be surprised if the bloke sending the disgusting tweets was at his one and only Charlton fixture this season...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Doesn't make it right but I have from quite a reliable source, that the lad in question has written letters to both the player and the club, and has made a donation to a nominated charity don't know how true this is, but that's what I heard.
  • Options

Didn't know they had Twitter in the dark ages
    Talking of twitter, this fella seems like a nice bloke. Tweeting Ben Thompson asking him where his dead brother has gone. Nice. Sam Green. Anyone on here know him? Apparently he's deleted all his social media accounts. Might have to go in to hiding as his address is now being passed around. Reap what you sow I suppose.

I have a feeling ths bloke is a regular poster on here, hope i am putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6...
    Think I am thinking along the same lines as you....
  • Options

Doesn't make it right but I have from quite a reliable source, that the lad in question has written letters to both the player and the club, and has made a donation to a nominated charity don't know how true this is, but that's what I heard.

dont know why this got a LOL
  • Options

RedChaser said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

RedPanda said:

I was there Red, lovely sunny afternoon if I remember correctly.

I don't recall any bother at that one but it got very nasty in the return at the Valley in December. Stu M. was in the thick of it in Floyd road after the match. Just under 30,000 at the game.

Both games ended 0-0
    We're you at the valley for the Kent cup win? There was no part of the terracing where you could be sure of avoiding bother that day.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Mmmmm.......yes I agree.......but it's because some folk use the LOL option as an ironic 'don't make me laugh comment' and some use it as a genuine made you laugh.....as in 'actually funny'.
    I have pointed this out to admin and suggested we are given another option to differentiate between the two, but they seem not to agree with my suggestion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're you at the valley for the Kent cup win? There was no part of the terracing where you could be sure of avoiding bother that

Hi TT, no I missed that one I'm afraid.

• Options

Mmmmm.......yes I agree.......but it's because some folk use the LOL option as an ironic 'don't make me laugh comment' and some use it as a genuine made you laugh.....as in 'actually funny'.
    I have pointed this out to admin and suggested we are given another option to differentiate between the two, but they seem not to agree with my suggestion.
    this needs to be addressed, we should take this to @i_b_b_o_r_g front door, who's with me?
  • Options
    Make sure you bring enough
  • Options

We're you at the valley for the Kent cup win? There was no part of the terracing where you could be sure of avoiding bother that

Yes that was very scary. I was just a lad and had no expectation of what was likely to happen. We took our places behind the covered end goal on the red railings and could not understand why the top of the covered end was so empty. Then just before kick off a bunch of Millwall came up the white exits singing "We've come to take you again" and that was it.

10 minutes in Casey and his 4 mates who were about 5 yards back from us started chanting "Charlton". Seconds later they were engulfed and I remember being so frightened as there were no old bill around.

We kept quiet. Loved Phil Warman's last minute winner though! Went to the Palace game in that competition, which we also won 1-0, but not the 2-0 victory at Gillingham. Palace in the Kent cup. weird eh - they are still searching for an identity today!

• Options

Hi TT, no I missed that one I'm afraid.

You were lucky but we did chalk up a rare win.
  • Options

You sound like a mate of his doing damage limitation?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

You sound like a mate of his doing damage limitation?
    certainly got the wrong end of the stick there, i know who it is loosely a freind of a colleague of my mums, and thats what i heard whilst it was a disgusting thing to do, i only think its fair that we hear the full story as @MillwallFan and others a like have pointed out, kicking the fuck out of him isn't going to do any good, it was a disgraceful thing to do, but its a tweet that takes 5 seconds to send, attacking a pub knowing was empty or very few about whilst turning up mob handed and taking galatasaray flags and shirts to an away game where fans died in a previous fixture is pre-planned and just general shit behavior, i've said the guy is in the wrong and do think its the least he could of done but before he is nailed on a cross and put out to dry, he has accepted he did wrong, hes not going round bragging about it.
    Why are you linking a revolting tweet with pubs, Turkish flags, dead fans, shit behaviour,
    a stick, your mum and a Monty Python Crucifixion scene? **

• Options

The police management post game letting everyone funnel up that road together was a disgrace.

There was all sorts going on from both sides all over the place. I ended up trying to shepherd an old boy who must have been 80 years old safely up the road, and later when it clogged up at the top a couple of scared kids who must have been no more than 7 whose dads seemed more interested in Miiiiii ing than looking after their kids.

They are a completely different breed to us. Couple of them made a big show of walking through the Charlton crowd by the club shop after giving it the Miiiii and challenging people to have a pop. Both of the holding hands with their little kids. What kind of w***er would do that with their kids with them???

They knew nobody would have a "pop" at them all the time they've got their kids with them.