Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has CARD surved it's purpose?

Comments

• Options

Ross said:

*Served

And "it's" but his spelling isn't the issue, we all knew what he meant even if we disagree.
    I think he's referring to the CARD function the other night when for supper they served sushi dolphin.....
  • Options

So what's your alternative and I don't feel I am in the minority?

Meire doesn't feel she does a bad job, but she does. Often what a person feels and what the reality is are poles apart.
  • Options
    Oi! Ray!
    fook off and sit on your own!
  • Options
    I used to think raytreacy69 was a real person, but I'm coming to the view that it's just some bloke pissing about having a laugh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    We Carry On Regardless..
  • Options

Please don't feed the troll.

This.
  • Options
    Good post @Stig and fully endorsed.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Look I have agreed with many of the marches/protests but wonder do we now have to move on!I repeat I hate the division that RD seems to have created but there comes a point in time when a line needs to be drawn?

Ray, this is all assertion and no facts. Why do we have to move on - because you say so? We all hate the division that RD has created. The time to move on was a couple of years ago, when the true picture came to light as to what was actually happening. The majority of fans did move on, you didn't. You're absolutely right that a line needs to be drawn. A line between them and us. What they are doing to our club is completely and utterly unacceptable and all fans, not just 98%, should join together in showing their contempt for this despicable regime. Come on Ray, draw that line.

For what it's worth I think that RD will eventually sell the club - but I really feel that we would be better served as fans by joining together and supporting the team.United we stand divided we fall!

Meaningless platitudes.

I worry that we have lost some of our loyal core for ever at a time when we should be building bridges.I will always go down the road of dialogue and feel that many on this forum are missing a trick by neglecting that route.Lets show any prospective buyer what a great fan base we have and the potential to make this Famous old club great again.

I expect we probably have lost some fans forever, but they won't be 'loyal core' because that is a logical impossibility. As for building bridges, who should be building them and with whom? We tried the dialogue route; they aren't interested. They've demonstrated that time and again. Remember those famous word's that Meire said, "He does it his way and they need to accept that". Well the majority of us do accept that Ray, it means that there's no room for involvement and no room for the dialogue that you crave. We are stuck with incompetent owners who listen to no-one, least of all the 'customers' that they are haemorrhaging. All we've got, and all we'll ever get, is a set of sham meetings that serve no purpose but to get Lazy Daisy's work stats up and allow her to pretend to be something that she isn't. The only way to get meaningful dialogue is to change the owners, so let's focus on that.

Yeah, let's show any prospective buyer what a great fan base we have and the potential to make this Famous old club great again. Let's show that by demonstrating the commitment and determination that we have. Not by kowtowing to our villainous overlords, but by standing up for what's right. That's exactly what CARD have been doing, Ray. Perhaps you should give it a go as well.

Maybe KR is playing with one hand tied behind his back but IMO he and the team deserve our support.

KR isn't playing with one hand behind his back, he's in a straight jacket! He knew that would be the case when he volunteered to step inside Katy's dungeon. He's well and truly bound and trussed. Now, if only she could remember where she left that gag.

COYR

Up the Addicks!
    Stig's Post of the Month.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Look I have agreed with many of the marches/protests but wonder do we now have to move on!I repeat I hate the division that RD seems to have created but there comes a point in time when a line needs to be drawn?
    For what it's worth I think that RD will eventually sell the club - but I really feel that we would be better served as fans by joining together and supporting the team.United we stand divided we fall!I worry that we have lost some of our loyal core for ever at a time when we should be building bridges.I will always go down the road of dialogue and feel that many on this forum are missing a trick by neglecting that route.Lets show any prospective buyer what a great fan base we have and the potential to make this Famous old club great again.Maybe KR is playing with one hand tied behind his back but IMO he and the team deserve our support.COYR

Er..... No #TheBoycottContinues #DuchateletOUT
  • Options
    Stig said:

Ray, this is all assertion and no facts. Why do we have to move on - because you say so? We all hate the division that RD has created. The time to move on was a couple of years ago, when the true picture came to light as to what was actually happening. The majority of fans did move on, you didn't. You're absolutely right that a line needs to be drawn. A line between them and us. What they are doing to our club is completely and utterly unacceptable and all fans, not just 98%, should join together in showing their contempt for this despicable regime. Come on Ray, draw that line.

For what it's worth I think that RD will eventually sell the club - but I really feel that we would be better served as fans by joining together and supporting the team.United we stand divided we fall!

Meaningless platitudes.

I worry that we have lost some of our loyal core for ever at a time when we should be building bridges.I will always go down the road of dialogue and feel that many on this forum are missing a trick by neglecting that route.Lets show any prospective buyer what a great fan base we have and the potential to make this Famous old club great again.

I expect we probably have lost some fans forever, but they won't be 'loyal core' because that is a logical impossibility. As for building bridges, who should be building them and with whom? We tried the dialogue route; they aren't interested. They've demonstrated that time and again. Remember those famous word's that Meire said, "He does it his way and they need to accept that". Well the majority of us do accept that Ray, it means that there's no room for involvement and no room for the dialogue that you crave. We are stuck with incompetent owners who listen to no-one, least of all the 'customers' that they are haemorrhaging. All we've got, and all we'll ever get, is a set of sham meetings that serve no purpose but to get Lazy Daisy's work stats up and allow her to pretend to be something that she isn't. The only way to get meaningful dialogue is to change the owners, so let's focus on that.

Yeah, let's show any prospective buyer what a great fan base we have and the potential to make this Famous old club great again. Let's show that by demonstrating the commitment and determination that we have. Not by kowtowing to our villainous overlords, but by standing up for what's right. That's exactly what CARD have been doing, Ray. Perhaps you should give it a go as well.

Maybe KR is playing with one hand tied behind his back but IMO he and the team deserve our support.

KR isn't playing with one hand behind his back, he's in a straight jacket! He knew that would be the case when he volunteered to step inside Katy's dungeon. He's well and truly bound and trussed. Now, if only she could remember where she left that gag.

COYR

Up the Addicks!
    Bang on once again Stiggles
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I had been staring at "it's" for so long, I missed "surved".
  • Options
    The answer is "no". They are still here.
  • Options
    Until Roly is fully detached from CAFC then C.A.R.D's purpose remains unchanged.
    RD isn't just the worst steward Charlton has ever had, and that's saying something, he is now acknowledged as the most unpopular/least respected owner in English professional football. He has polled lower than Sisu at Coventry, Venkys at Blackburn and even the rapist and son at Blackpool.
    The methodology may benefit from revision but C.A.R.D's goal hasn't shifted. Nor should anyone with affection for the club misunderstand that Roly's attitude and decisions continue to dismantle and denigrate the club.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Please don't feed the troll.

This.
    Having just seen a post of his elsewhere on the web, there is no doubt in my mind that he is a troll after all.

Pity, I had hoped that he wasn't doing this to wind people up but no surprise really.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

I suspect that CARD will - quite rightly - be stepping up the campaign over the next month or so, following the closure of the transfer window and the cementing of the team's position in mid-table. They have given Karl Robinson and the team every support, as you'd expect from people so committed to this club.

Duchatelet and Meire probably feel it's all going swimmingly, having realised player sales of around £13 million in the last six months, with a couple of further potential transactions in the pipeline. There is zero ambition to build a successful team and Meire's key performance indicator is undoubtedly to keep the overall losses to a minimum. She and her boss have repeatedly demonstrated their contempt for Charlton supporters and, as stated by @Alwaysneil above, it is now time for all of us to unite and to unite against Duchatelet.

Time is also very much of the essence. The club may have lost 40% of its season ticket holders this season but, next term, 6,300 is likely to dip to around 4,500 or so, as the shrinkage of Charlton Athletic continues apace.

A really clear, if depressing, explanation of how it currently works at Charlton.
    Thank God for CARD.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Ross said:

*Served

And "it's" but his spelling isn't the issue, we all knew what he meant even if we disagree.
    I think he's referring to the CARD function the other night when for supper they served sushi dolphin.....
    So does that mean CARD's served its porpoise?
  • Options
    Please can CARD step it up before we get relegated again, KR is nothing but another puppet that has been lied to like every other manager we have had under these useless tossers.