Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has CARD surved it's purpose?

Comments

• Options

So what's your alternative and I don't feel I am in the minority?

I'm confused by your question.
    It is you who has proposed the alternative i.e. CARD to throw in the towel.

I reject that view and believe that CARD and the Belgium 20 should continue to protest against this toxic ownership. Just today, Blackburn and Blackpool fans joined together in protest at their respective owners ahead of the cup-tie between the two teams. Coventry fans have, I believe, been protesting for many years against SISU. Are you suggesting they all just give up as well?

Why would you wish to let Duchatelet and his equally odious sidekick Meire off the hook when they continue to inflict enormous damage on the way this club is run simply because he wants to experiment here with his particular brand of social engineering (coupled with his bizarre approach to football which is fundamentally flawed in so many areas)?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Please don't feed the troll.

This.
    Having just seen a post of his elsewhere on the web, there is no doubt in my mind that he is a troll after all.

Pity, I had hoped that he wasn't doing this to wind people up but no surprise really.
    What was his other post? @stonemuse ?
  • Options
    So I am a Troll .Get a life mate.I have an opinion - Live with it

• Options

Ray you must agree with everyone else
  • Options

"Was pissed when I typed the thread and knew I would get abuse but stand by what I said.

- Reams please see my post on that other forum.Has CARD served its purpose.Would really like to know where you stand with this!?"

Not only a troll but a troll who can't hold his drink and is desperate to be friends with people he doesn't know on other sites.

And you've reverted to slagging off other fans just like you always do
  • Options
    I was about to say that for anyone new to Charlton Life, this is around the point in the thread that ray starts to get arsey, but he beat me to it.
  • Options
    How do you know I don't know anyone on the other site?Slagging off someone who calls me a Troll are you for real.I have posted for many years on CL but it seems to me it is rapidly becoming a joke.And I am not pissed now but will have a few after the great win today.No doubt there will those on here still doubting 'Gobshite' and throwing insults at him.But this win may well define our season. COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Hello yes my name is mr erm schnrub, yes that will do

Classic
  • Options
    Reports emerging from Belgian that #cafc owner Roland Duchâtelet has been detained outside his residence in Belgium. More to follow

From twitter....who knows if there is any truth in this....
  • Options
    CHG said:

Reports emerging from Belgian that #cafc owner Roland Duchâtelet has been detained outside his residence in Belgium. More to follow

• Options
    Weird
  • Options
    Are we sure it's not just the Denistry council of Belgium come to arrest him for crimes against bad teeth
  • Options
    Fake news, made up stuff.

Absolutely no idea what anyone gets from it

Weird
  • Options

Fake news, made up stuff.

Absolutely no idea what anyone gets from it

Weird

I thought it was bizarre, not sure what makes these people tick..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How do you know I don't know anyone on the other site?Slagging off someone who calls me a Troll are you for real.I have posted for many years on CL but it seems to me it is rapidly becoming a joke.And I am not pissed now but will have a few after the great win today.No doubt there will those on here still doubting 'Gobshite' and throwing insults at him.But this win may well define our season. COYR

Charlton Life is rapidly becoming a joke? Okay Ray.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

cafcfan said:

Ross said:

*Served

And "it's" but his spelling isn't the issue, we all knew what he meant even if we disagree.
    I think he's referring to the CARD function the other night when for supper they served sushi dolphin.....
    So does that mean CARD's served its porpoise?
    Yeah, precisely. But I was working on the basis that if you have to explain the joke it's no longer funny. I think I need to give up on my attempts at humour - you got more lols than I did :-(
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

Ross said:

*Served

And "it's" but his spelling isn't the issue, we all knew what he meant even if we disagree.
    I think he's referring to the CARD function the other night when for supper they served sushi dolphin.....
    Yeah, precisely. But I was working on the basis that if you have to explain the joke it's no longer funny. I think I need to give up on my attempts at humour - you got more lols than I did :-(
    You might enjoy the Twitter account @YesThatsTheJoke for many similar examples of this.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

Ross said:

*Served

You might enjoy the Twitter account @YesThatsTheJoke for many similar examples of this.
    Thank you, yes most amusing.
  • Options
    I will continue to support MY team but will also continue to oppose/demonstrate/march/throw stuff on the pitch etc until the worst owner in the history of OUR club and his useless sidekick piss off back to Belgium! Anyone who can't see the damage this clown has done cannot seriously call himself a Charlton supporter, thus his views - on this particular subject - don't count.
  • Options
    I've just noticed the spelling of 'served' in the title of the post
  • Options
    CHG said:

....by Raytreacey asking for an autograph.
  • Options
    My understanding of comments from the great man himself is that - now 70 years old - he sees himself relinquishing his football interests in the next few years anyway. Given his role in owning - one way or another - 4 other clubs I'm not too sure this is anything to do with CARD as such, or if/when he does depart it will be via a transfer of the assets to family members or a sale to some third party.

The decline in the value of the pound sine June 23rd 2016 makes us - in relative terms - a slightly cheaper club for him to run than would otherwise be the case. He'll never be a great owner but we need to be careful, as far as we can, having little say in the matter, who turns up as the next owner if indeed he does sell directly to a third party.

Rather than embrace an 'anyone but Roland' strategy we should try and do our own due diligence and lobby against anyone who appears to be unsuitable.