Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has CARD surved it's purpose?

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

"We demand that the current owner of Charlton Athletic, Roland Duchatelet, takes every step to find a successor (or successors) who understands how to run a football club, is willing to invest sensibly in the team and appreciates the critical role of fans in building success. We want Roland out – before it’s too late."

- This is CARD's stated purpose, Roland is still here so they clearly have not fulfilled it.

Was a timeframe mentioned actually?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Please can CARD step it up before we get relegated again, KR is nothing but another puppet that has been lied to like every other manager we have had under these useless tossers.

Relegated?
    Absolutely delighted about the result today, but would be douby delighted if I woke up tomorrow to hear someone's bought the club (preferably not Red Bull).
  • Options
    The timeframe mentioned there is, 'before it's too late'. So I guess it's a judgement call on how bad things have got.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

CARD has done some great things but have also massively alienated large sections of the fanbase (unintentionally) who see it rightly or wrongly as "superfans" trying to promote their own positions.

Large sections? Do you really think so?
    I don't know, you may well be right but I find that incredible.
    Like CARD is some self-aggrandising thing in itself.
    CARD is what it says on the tin; a coalition. An attempt to co-ordinate and organise existing disaffection into a coherent and better organised whole.
    I honestly think that anybody who thinks differently, or worse obsesses about personalities within CARD, seriously lacks intelligence.
    It is what it is, and you can choose to align yourself with it's aims and suggestions or not. There's no compulsion - it's not a fascist dictatorship.
    I am sure there are a number of fans who object strongly to the current regime but would rather not commit to CARD organised protest. Fair enough.
    Then there are, I would guess, a small minority that can't bear to face up to the reality of the clubs present predicament and would rather live in denial, stick their fingers in their ears and sing lalalala at any dissenters.
    Couple that with a few that just get off on being contrary.
    Then there a those that aim all their bile and venom at CARD and the personalities associated with it.
    A pitiful minority of resentful, genuinely self-aggrandising, halfwits.
    I think we know where most of that type reside.
    Has CARD surved (sic) its purpose? Clearly on present evidence, no.
    Ahhhh, happy thoughts of home...

I wouldn't mind so much but I still live over here.

Unless there is somewhere else equally blessed with such shining lights.
  • Options

CARD has done some great things but have also massively alienated large sections of the fanbase (unintentionally) who see it rightly or wrongly as "superfans" trying to promote their own positions.

Large sections? Do you really think so?
    I don't know, you may well be right but I find that incredible.
    Like CARD is some self-aggrandising thing in itself.
    CARD is what it says on the tin; a coalition. An attempt to co-ordinate and organise existing disaffection into a coherent and better organised whole.
    I honestly think that anybody who thinks differently, or worse obsesses about personalities within CARD, seriously lacks intelligence.
    It is what it is, and you can choose to align yourself with it's aims and suggestions or not. There's no compulsion - it's not a fascist dictatorship.
    I am sure there are a number of fans who object strongly to the current regime but would rather not commit to CARD organised protest. Fair enough.
    Then there are, I would guess, a small minority that can't bear to face up to the reality of the clubs present predicament and would rather live in denial, stick their fingers in their ears and sing lalalala at any dissenters.
    Couple that with a few that just get off on being contrary.
    Then there a those that aim all their bile and venom at CARD and the personalities associated with it.
    A pitiful minority of resentful, genuinely self-aggrandising, halfwits.
    I think we know where most of that type reside.
    Has CARD surved (sic) its purpose? Clearly on present evidence, no.
    Ahhhh, happy thoughts of home...

I wouldn't mind so much but I still live over here.

Unless there is somewhere else equally blessed with such shining lights.
    That's naughty.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

se9addick said:

"We demand that the current owner of Charlton Athletic, Roland Duchatelet, takes every step to find a successor (or successors) who understands how to run a football club, is willing to invest sensibly in the team and appreciates the critical role of fans in building success. We want Roland out – before it’s too late."

- This is CARD's stated purpose, Roland is still here so they clearly have not fulfilled it.

Was a timeframe mentioned actually?
    "Before it's too late"
  • Options

How do you know I don't know anyone on the other site?Slagging off someone who calls me a Troll are you for real.I have posted for many years on CL but it seems to me it is rapidly becoming a joke.And I am not pissed now but will have a few after the great win today.No doubt there will those on here still doubting 'Gobshite' and throwing insults at him.But this win may well define our season. COYR

Great quote mate. Now show some quotes after yesterdays win with people throwing insults at KR.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

For me, I support CARD, but when we are going great guns and starting to sniff the play offs my support and enthusiasm wanes.

Were we in the Championship doing so, so might I smudge. We are in the third division, it is entirely down to Roland and Daisy. They have to go!
  • Options

So I am a Troll .Get a life mate.I have an opinion - Live with it

"Was pissed when I typed the thread and knew I would get abuse but stand by what I said.

- Reams please see my post on that other forum.Has CARD served its purpose.Would really like to know where you stand with this!?"

Not only a troll but a troll who can't hold his drink and is desperate to be friends with people he doesn't know on other sites.

And you've reverted to slagging off other fans just like you always do
    I posted earlier about @ray traecy being genuine. This appears to debunk my comment as this thread seems to have been a wind up.

I hate the way that 'troll'is thrown around on a debating vehicle such as CL simply for disagreeing.

I have been accused of being troll by one lifer because I had a different point of view. I found that insulting and hurtful (yes I have feelings too) but the evidence appears clear that this thread is the same tactics that a troll would employ.
  • Options
    A decent run does not mean the core problems within the club have been addressed. The fact remains we have an absentee owner with delusions of grandeur and a CEO unfit for purpose. If this continues, sadly all that promotion (and I would love nothing less) would do is to allow Duchatalet and his sidekick to resume their "we know best" approach again. The on-field malaise and fan protests have at least forced them to scale back somewhat.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    se9addick said:

For me, I support CARD, but when we are going great guns and starting to sniff the play offs my support and enthusiasm wanes.

Are we "going great guns" ?
    Nowhere near it. Improvement on the pitch? - yes. Off of it, nothing has changed
  • Options

Welax Way
  • Options
    mogodon said:

A decent run does not mean the core problems within the club have been addressed. The fact remains we have an absentee owner with delusions of grandeur and a CEO unfit for purpose. If this continues, sadly all that promotion (and I would love nothing less) would do is to allow Duchatalet and his sidekick to resume their "we know best" approach again. The on-field malaise and fan protests have at least forced them to scale back somewhat.

But ALL of the success is due to the regime being forced to back down over using network managers and players. They can hardly bask in the glory of their approach being shown to work.
  • Options
    Original question.......NO is the answer ..think card and other protest groups will still carry on until Roland and his sidekicks depart The Valley.

As yet the transfer window is still open,once the window is closed things could start to happen.

Just as the pitch has no heating connected think the heat will be turned on soon to Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017

"Was pissed when I typed the thread and knew I would get abuse but stand by what I said.

- Reams please see my post on that other forum.Has CARD served its purpose.Would really like to know where you stand with this!?"

Not only a troll but a troll who can't hold his drink and is desperate to be friends with people he doesn't know on other sites.

I posted earlier about @ray traecy being genuine. This appears to debunk my comment as this thread seems to have been a wind up.

I hate the way that 'troll'is thrown around on a debating vehicle such as CL simply for disagreeing.

I have been accused of being troll by one lifer because I had a different point of view. I found that insulting and hurtful (yes I have feelings too) but the evidence appears clear that this thread is the same tactics that a troll would employ.
    I never throw the word troll around lightly. In this case I looked up the definition and bearing in mind RT's previous posts, found it entirely appropriate.
  • Options

To go back to the original question- Times have changed since CARD was first formed Our CEO has seemingly taken a vow of silence, which means there are no more of the incendiary quotes which helped fuel the anger. We are not being run as a network club the way we were before, ie network managers and players who were completely useless being foisted on us regularly. Thomas Driesen appears to have been sidelined. And most important of all, Roland appears to be hawking the club around, and there is a feeling he will sell up. We are not seeing non-triers wearing the shirt any more. I feel we're in a sort of limbo at the moment. Will he won't he sell? If not will we stagnate in L! or will KR prove capable of driving us forward even under Roland's regime? Can we continue to produce the likes of Gomez and Lookman to subsidise Roland's plan? The pro-Roland faction is small in number but quite noisy, and there just isn't the same level of rage and unity as there was in the early protests, I think we can all see that, and CARD depends on that for its support. The idea that the Bury game should be used for a protest seems a good one to me, maybe a march, that would show that the unhappiness with the regime hasn't gone away, even if the level of anger is a bit lower for the reasons stated.

It would be a risk, in that if the march wasn't very well attended the pro-regimers would claim a victory.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

To go back to the original question- Times have changed since CARD was first formed Our CEO has seemingly taken a vow of silence, which means there are no more of the incendiary quotes which helped fuel the anger. We are not being run as a network club the way we were before, ie network managers and players who were completely useless being foisted on us regularly. Thomas Driesen appears to have been sidelined. And most important of all, Roland appears to be hawking the club around, and there is a feeling he will sell up. We are not seeing non-triers wearing the shirt any more. I feel we're in a sort of limbo at the moment. Will he won't he sell? If not will we stagnate in L! or will KR prove capable of driving us forward even under Roland's regime? Can we continue to produce the likes of Gomez and Lookman to subsidise Roland's plan? The pro-Roland faction is small in number but quite noisy, and there just isn't the same level of rage and unity as there was in the early protests, I think we can all see that, and CARD depends on that for its support. The idea that the Bury game should be used for a protest seems a good one to me, maybe a march, that would show that the unhappiness with the regime hasn't gone away, even if the level of anger is a bit lower for the reasons stated.

It would be a risk, in that if the march wasn't very well attended the pro-regimers would claim a victory.
    Agreed, but it would be a risk worth taking. CARD can only function with widespread support, and if Charlton fans are not prepared to show they are unhappy with Roland's stewardship then quite frankly CARD are flogging a dead horse. Personally, I've stopped boycotting recently, but would still like the opportunity to show that I want a change in ownership, and not by throwing things on to the pitch. The taxis were a mistake IMO, mine didn't even reach the pitch because it was so light. I'd like to know how many other fans feel like me, not only the dedicated ones who post on social media, but the ones whose opinions they keep to themselves.
  • Options
    The complete opposite actually now Ray.

When Meire made the statement that we would be a club that would give fans a chance to see the premier league stars of tomorrow we kicked up enough of a stink.

It is now clear,with the sale of Lookman and the subsequent lack of transfer activity with the funds, that this is happening. NOW!

Call to arms if you ask me.
  • Options

I never throw the word troll around lightly. In this case I looked up the definition and bearing in mind RT's previous posts, found it entirely appropriate.
    He has it wrong, as usual. A troll is someone who behaves on the Internet in a way to intentionally antagonise people and disrupt discussion.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

The complete opposite actually now Ray.

When Meire made the statement that we would be a club that would give fans a chance to see the premier league stars of tomorrow we kicked up enough of a stink.

It is now clear,with the sale of Lookman and the subsequent lack of transfer activity with the funds, that this is happening. NOW!

Call to arms if you ask me.

Well said.
    Only an fool would argue this point.

• Options

Look I have agreed with many of the marches/protests but wonder do we now have to move on!I repeat I hate the division that RD seems to have created but there comes a point in time when a line needs to be drawn?
    For what it's worth I think that RD will eventually sell the club - but I really feel that we would be better served as fans by joining together and supporting the team.United we stand divided we fall!I worry that we have lost some of our loyal core for ever at a time when we should be building bridges.I will always go down the road of dialogue and feel that many on this forum are missing a trick by neglecting that route.Lets show any prospective buyer what a great fan base we have and the potential to make this Famous old club great again.Maybe KR is playing with one hand tied behind his back but IMO he and the team deserve our support.COYR

Ray!!!! I was wondering where you have been hiding. As you know I am one of the boycotters and I can confirm I am not coming back until RD & KM have gone.

See ya!
  • Options
    If you look at or dig out the original quotes/articles and videos of when they first arrived, they talked of success and progress. We have gone and are still going backwards imo. We plateau a bit and paper over the cracks, but it's clear we have no future under RD and KM.

Despite a great win on Saturday, I feel that any of you who are hoping for the play offs will be disappointed come May. Whatever hope anyone clings onto will be further destroyed in the summer when RD looks to sell Konsa and Aribo to cover 2017/18 season. KR talks up a bunch of young loans we've never heard of and KM carries on these pointless supporters meetings. If you truly believe we can get in the play offs, then you better hope we do it this year. Come next season we'll be firmly lower mid table