Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KR v RS - how's it going?

Comments

• shirty5 said:

If you did the stats on League games only, Slade has a better record

Good point. Well spotted.
  • What's the run-in to Slade's sacking look like?

Could tell us whether Robinson needs to be afraid for his job is he loses the next game.
  • What's the run-in to Slade's sacking look like?

Could tell us whether Robinson needs to be afraid for his job is he loses the next game.

It's Duchatelet we are talking about. Robinson needs to be afraid after EVERY game he fails to win.
  • Bury is a must win game.
    Full stop.
  • JamesSeed said:

Bury is a must win game.
    Full stop.

It is for Bury too.

Scunthorpe at home in the cup? Best performance and football of the season? @JamesSeed who was manager?
  • JamesSeed said:

Bury is a must win game.
    Full stop.

It is for Bury too.

Scunthorpe at home in the cup? Best performance and football of the season? @JamesSeed who was manager?
    I was at that game, and yes, it all clicked, we looked spirited, and ever the optimist I thought it might be a turning point. Unfortunately it wasn't really.
    But I wouldn't have sacked Slade, as I know you wouldn't. However, my hopes that he'd gradually play a more attacking game were dwindling by the time of his exit.

But I know we agree that it doesn't really matter who you appoint under Duchatelet, they'll all fail under this setup. For I time I thought it might, but looks like I was wrong.
  • Updated after 16 games:

Robinson - P16 W3 D7 L6 For 15 Against 19

Slade - P16 W3 D8 L5 For 16 Against 16

And for those who prefer just to look at league games:

Robinson - P14 W3 D6 L5 For 14 Against 16 Points 15

Slade - P14 W3 D8 L3 For 17 Against 14 Points 17
  • Well, that new-manager bounce everybody talks about certainly worked for us. I wonder how many supporters would back Robinson over Slade at the moment?
  • current form table has us 4th from bottom of league

All this really proves is that it doesn't matter who the manager is, we are still shite.
  • Sponsored links:

• The best manager in the world could not polish this turd

All this really proves is that it doesn't matter who the manager is, we are still shite.
    That's the point. It doesn't matter who the manager is, under RD/KM nothing will be achieved.
  • Well, that new-manager bounce everybody talks about certainly worked for us. I wonder how many supporters would back Robinson over Slade at the moment?

We did have a new manager bounce then KR took over from Nugent who's 7 points from 3 games are keeping us above Bury. I for one would have kept Slade even if the results were the same, we wouldn't have to listen to KR arse licking bullshit.
  • Not a big Slade myself, but I preferred him to big Karl.
  • The main problem is RD and will always be so.

However, the squad should still be good enough to challenge for the play offs. Yet at the moment they haven't got a clue what they are supposed to be doing and that has to be down to KR.
  • The main problem is RD and will always be so.

However, the squad should still be good enough to challenge for the play offs. Yet at the moment they haven't got a clue what they are supposed to be doing and that has to be down to KR.

Absolutely.

But Robinson's football is so so exciting and attacking or so people keep telling me. Yet to see much of it myself to be honest.
  • edited February 2017
    Looking good, Karl. Looking good.

Updated after 17 games:

Robinson - P17 W3 D7 L7 For 18 Against 23

Slade - P17 W3 D9 L5 For 17 Against 17

Robinson - P15 W3 D6 L6 For 17 Against 20 Points 15

Slade - P15 W4 D8 L3 For 18 Against 14 Points 20

Slade only has one game left, a defeat at Swindon, but his record after 16 games is already better than Robinson's is going to be....
  • Fraeye -

P13 W2 D4 L7 GF10 GA27 PTS10

Only marginally better than Karel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't it always seem to go, that you don't what you've got 'til it's gone
    They sacked Russel Slade, appointed a fat scouse twat.

Taxi for Karl!!
  • edited March 2017

Looking good, Karl. Looking good.

Updated after 17 games:

Robinson - P17 W3 D7 L7 For 18 Against 23

Slade - P17 W3 D9 L5 For 17 Against 17

Robinson - P15 W3 D6 L6 For 17 Against 20 Points 15

Slade - P15 W4 D8 L3 For 18 Against 14 Points 20

Slade only has one game left, a defeat at Swindon, but his record after 16 games is already better than Robinson's is going to be....

So much for the lying that runs us saying "every time de cloob appoints a new manager we improve our ranking"
  • Pathetic
  • Robinson - P18 W3 D7 L8 For 19 Against 24

Slade - P18 W3 D9 L5 For 17 Against 20

Robinson - P16 W3 D6 L7 For 18 Against 22 Points 15

Slade - P16 W4 D8 L4 For 18 Against 17 Points 20
  • Robinson - P18 W3 D7 L8 For 19 Against 24

Slade - P18 W3 D9 L5 For 17 Against 20

Robinson - P16 W3 D6 L7 For 18 Against 22 Points 15

Slade - P16 W4 D8 L4 For 18 Against 17 Points 20

Cheers Norman.

Oh dear, Karl.
  • Leuth said:

Stig said:

Leuth said:

JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

Give KR this season and next season then reassess. No managerial changes.

How long do you need to look at failure and listen to complete bull? Sack him now. Sack him later. Who cares ? He's worse than Karel and more loyal as a puppet. Let's have Congo Chris and cut out the middle man.

Why does this guy deserve any longer than any other third rate manager employed in the Roly nightmare?
    This is why I fight, folks
    Don't understand what you're saying here @Leuth
    When I see that kind of lazy antagonistic unconstructive nonsense it angers me, that's all
    Lazy: What ever it is, it isn't lazy. Grumpy went to the trouble of posting that, the lazy option would have been to do nothing.

Antagonistic: It's only antagonistic if you want it to be. I certainly don't feel antagonised by it.

Unconstructive: If you follow the logic, it's very constructive. It clearly highlights that the problems we face are with the ownership of the club. At this moment in time unconstructive is focusing on who the manager is, whether they should be sacked and how long they should be given. Under normal circumstances these would be perfectly reasonable areas for debate, but all the time this particular haddock is rotting from the head down, managerial questions are largely inconsequential because no manager will succeed under the current regime.

Nonsense: Just because you disagree with something does't make it nonsense.
    Not lazy because he posted something to the internet? This is a webforum. We're all lazy! And yeah, it's especially lazy in its thinking. The notion that everything is constantly getting worse, that you'll never have to engage with anything in a remotely positive way. That's lazy.

Antagonistic in any personal sense depends on whether you have time for KR. But it's indisputably antagonistic towards him.

Unconstructive - pshaw to your logic. A constructive response would be to highlight ways in which we as fans might act to salvage the situation. Merely saying 'it doesn't matter who's in charge' is nihilistic, not constructive. It clearly does matter, anyway - wouldn't you prefer to already be in a higher league when RD sells up? Wouldn't you rather have scraps of success to feed from in the meantime, meagre as they are? It's demonstrably a more fulfilling life as a Charlton supporter when the team seems capable of doing anything positive. Even if you literally only care about getting rid of the owners, it's still not constructive, because it doesn't have any relevant suggestions. It's a grump in the night, a drive-by Fox hunt.

As for nonsense, 'He's worse than Karel and more loyal as a puppet'. Nonsense. N. O. N. S. E. N. S. E. Absolute buggering poppycock.
    Karel and Karl are both one legged men at an arse kicking contest
  • I'm...reconsidering my opinion
  • Without Nugent's 7 points we would be on 35 and in the bottom 4. Doesn't reflect well on Slade or Robinson....