Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    It hasn't really worked out with him so far, has it? A real shame, as I thought he was going to be quite the talent.

I wonder if we're expecting one in now then?
  • Options
    1.5 million paid for a non starter good business that
  • Options
    Ketman said:

Not his biggest fan, but are we not leaving ourselves a tad light up front for the rest of the season, Watt is hardly prolific, neither is Novak & Magennis could miss another 6-8 games. Hardly looks like a team keen on making the play-offs does it?

Even if we sign this child we've been linked with from Arsenal I'd still say we're light upfront for a team that's going to have to be on title winning form to make 6th place.
  • Options
    If they aren't replacing him with an experienced forward this seems very short sighted imo.
  • Options
    so we are letting a proven goalscorer at this level go on loan and replacing him with a kid from Arsenal.

strange move and I feel sorry for Nicky, don't think we've played to his strengths all season
  • Options
    would rather have sold him not loaned him out and spent the money on a older proven goalscorer its not like we ( as a club ) are cash strapped but from rolands point of view we arent getting out of the league so why spend money on a lost cause. of course this is all down to him by stupid appointment's players that cant/wont play football, players like roger Johnson are a complete waste of space, come the end of the season will be the same bullshit excuses on repeat with her smirk " weve learned from past mistakes".
  • Options

.....doesn't shout out to me as planning for long term success.

Or short term success.

None of the business we have done this window strikes me as planning for any kind of success at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hasn't worked out for him and yes we haven't played to his strengths but he wasn't on the bench v Millwall and was an unused sub at Bolton, so it's clear KR doesn't really rate him.

At the start of January if we'd been told we'd get rid of Ajose and Watt would return i think most of us would've taken that.
  • Options

At the start of January if we'd been told we'd get rid of Ajose and Watt would return i think most of us would've taken that.

That is true - as a straight swap it's a good one. The bigger picture is that, throughout the squad, there is not anything like enough depth.
  • Options

Hasn't worked out for him and yes we haven't played to his strengths but he wasn't on the bench v Millwall and was an unused sub at Bolton, so it's clear KR doesn't really rate him.

What isn't you were also told that Magennis would also be out for at least the next few weeks, would you still have been happy then ? It's not a straight swap, it's about building a squad. Do you think over this transfer window we have upgraded our squad sufficiently to be a title winning team ? Because that's how good we'll have to be to make the playoffs.

In:

Page
    Forster-Caskey
    Da Silva
    Byrne
    Watt

Out:

Lookman
    Fox
    Foley
    Ajose
    Umerah
  • Options
    Seems he will be added to the out of contract players for the June revolving door that is CAFC.
  • Options

Also, as Watt is undoubtedly a better player than Ajose, what on earth were we doing splashing out big money on Ajose in the summer when Watt was already here?!
  • Options

£1.5 million ? I think you might find it was a bit less that a third of that.

Ultimately still bad business though.

• Options
    Its like that Mission Impossible famous quote.

"Your mission whether you choose to accept it is to try and be a Footballer for Charlton Athletic under our Belgian owners... Please note, this Contract and your career will most likely self-destruct within six months"
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Magennis injured
    Novak unfit and shite
    Watt not been fit for 3 seasons
    Ajose scored 24 goals in this league last year but we play a different style of football not to suit him. Send out loan.

Fucking idiots always leave us light. So boring now.

Boring is right.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typical Roland, does not think we will make the playoffs so wants to cut costs as much as posdible with no long term building
  • Options
    We needed a 20 goal a,season striker to get out of League One. Ours may reach that between them.
  • Options

We needed a 20 goal a,season striker to get out of League One. Ours may reach that between them.

Ajose was specifically bought to resolve that. Pity that Mowgli and Meire didn't think to ask Slade before buying.

• Options

apologies was 850k
  • Options
    se9addick said:

What isn't you were also told that Magennis would also be out for at least the next few weeks, would you still have been happy then ? It's not a straight swap, it's about building a squad. Do you think over this transfer window we have upgraded our squad sufficiently to be a title winning team ? Because that's how good we'll have to be to make the playoffs.

In:

Page
    Forster-Caskey
    Da Silva
    Byrne
    Watt

Out:

Lookman
    Fox
    Foley
    Ajose
    Umerah
    Lookman was always going to go. Fox not a great loss, Foley too old and slow, Umerah no comment, Ajose rarely getting a look in.

JFC has boosted the midfield, Aribo whilst not a new signing has also come in, Konsa playing well in his new role, Byrne looks a great addition, we know what Watt can do.
    Holmes coming back to fitness, Botaka returning from the AFCON, we actually have some decent options for once.

So yes i believe we do now have a team that can make a run for the play offs.
  • Options

apologies was 850k
    I believe it was actually closer to £400k

• Options
    okay well thats what transfermarkt.co.uk has is it as
  • Options

okay well thats what transfermarkt.co.uk has is it as

Haven't seen transfermarkt quoted for a while !