Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Ajose rejoins Swindon on loan - OS

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017

Valley11 said:

Too lazy for me . Not unlike Watt . If we're going to get promoted we can't rely on these type of players . Having said that I would love to be proven wrong.

Was BWP a workhorse in our title winning season?
    I think we should play to Ajose's strengths or sell him if he doesn't fit the system.
    I thought Wright-Phillips was very lazy, but he scored goals and that was what he was paid to do.
    Killer very rarely left the box or chased down, but when there was a opportunity for a goal or a punch up he had the energy to get there, lamp the defender AND bury the ball.
  • Options

Last year in all competition, he had 12 goals and 3 assists. The year before he had 25 goals and.... zero assists.

37 goals over two years and three assists? Doesn't that seem low?

That doesn#t paint the whole picture unfortunately. For us he was shocking and does not suit the way we play. If we are going to be 4-2-3-1 then that 1 has to be mobile, able to hold the ball up and bring others in to play, potent when he gets a chance and an intelligent and willing runner. Ajose isn't any of those really. He can run about a bit but was as lethal as Churchinho.

Magennis isn't perfect but he gives defenders a headache because he is in their faces - Ajose always looked deflated so the defender has a mental victory from the start

• Options
    Didn't go much last season, but wasn't he played out of his natural striker position for much of the time (ie. pushed out wide and deeper) ?
  • Options

Didn't go much last season, but wasn't he played out of his natural striker position for much of the time (ie. pushed out wide and deeper) ?

Played out wide a fair bit and looked lost.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Not early on. He was playing in a 442 under Slade but it wasn't working as poor service from midfield plus he was wasteful in front of goal when chances did come to him.

He then got dropped by Slade or played wide by Slade and Tarbuck where he didn't do well.
  • Options
    11 league goals for us and Swindon last season. All in 4-4-2.
  • Options
    from what i saw of him it looked like lazy scouting, and he didnt look great.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Valley11 said:

Too lazy for me . Not unlike Watt . If we're going to get promoted we can't rely on these type of players . Having said that I would love to be proven wrong.

Was BWP a workhorse in our title winning season?
    I think we should play to Ajose's strengths or sell him if he doesn't fit the system.
    I thought Wright-Phillips was very lazy, but he scored goals and that was what he was paid to do.
    Killer very rarely left the box or chased down, but when there was a opportunity for a goal or a punch up he had the energy to get there, lamp the defender AND bury the ball.
    If I remember rightly, when Killer joined Derby, their fans complained that he did nothing outside the box, but he still scored