Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2017 thread

Comments

• Options
    So did I, at least it was each way, didn't expect to make a bean from that.
  • Options
    Messed up the 4:10 too
  • Options
    Needed that. Cause of Causes another horse that's helped me out more than once.
  • Options
    I haven't picked one winner today - great stuff

Well done to all who have chalked up a winner
  • Options
    2nd day here
    Special tiara
    And willloghby court have paid for the last 2 days
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Why have ITV stopped broadcasting before the 1650 and 1730 have run?
  • Options
    Fehily 2nd again on one I backed ... grrrrrrr for the \Tiger !!
  • Options

Only show the first 5 races every day I believe.
    Most bookies stream the races if you've had a bet online.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I haven't picked one winner today - great stuff

Well done to all who have chalked up a winner

Unlike Greta Garbo wanted to be you are not alone
  • Options
    Haven't had a bet for the first time in years but have been picking my selections each day. Would have had a nice profit first day and picked willowbhy in the first and 2 other 3rds.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come back @PeanutsMolloy !
  • Options
    edited March 2017

My 3 for today

1. 30 Neon Wolf NB

4.50 Divin Bere Trixie

5.30 Western Ryder NAP

Fuck sake. First 2 both done on the line!
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Only show the first 5 races every day I believe.
    Most bookies stream the races if you've had a bet online.
    Cheers mate, not planning on doing that now though, as having watched the first 5 I got diddly squat and as soon as I can't see it I've backed myself a winner.

Go on the Flying Tiger.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Come back @PeanutsMolloy !

I'll second that Len
  • Options
    Project Bluebook placing just saved my are big time, today was going the way of yesterday
  • Options
    Stupid bet on names in next... Dan's le Sac, my mate mark ew at 40s and 66s and reverse forecast
  • Options
    Jesus Christ.
    Fayonagh from last to first inside the final furlong
  • Options
    Won't even bother tomorrow
  • Options
    Right, come on then. I've got four free bets and would appreciate any tips.
  • Options
    Stream cut out on closing straight with My Mate Mark in 4th, did he get it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dan's le vent
  • Options
    backed 4 .. 3 came second .. 2 done on the line .. have not a clue for tomorrow
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Nah, I was dreaming about that to but Fayonagh comes from last to first to win
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Nah, I was dreaming about that to but Fayonagh comes from last to first to win
    Meant Dan's le vent... Had it ew and went off at 100/1. 4th right on home straight must've just slipped out. Ballacks
  • Options
    Wonder what the price was for Mullins/Walsh to have no winners first 2 days?
  • Options
    Won diddly squat today. Think I'll save my efforts for Friday
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

The Mullins' horses really aren't running to form and you can tell in Ruby's body language that he isn't persevering with them when he thinks they are wrong. Paul Morrison said on RUK that he thought a lot of them had gone in their coat.

Makes Melon's run even more commendable though perhaps the fact that the horse had had only one run helped.
  • Options
    Only thinking of one tomorrow - Unowwhatimeanharry in the stayers' hurdle - but I'll have to lay a couple of score to get today's money back.
    Anyone willing to offer an alternative?
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

The Mullins' horses really aren't running to form and you can tell in Ruby's body language that he isn't persevering with them when he thinks they are wrong. Paul Morrison said on RUK that he thought a lot of them had gone in their coat.

Makes Melon's run even more commendable though perhaps the fact that the horse had had only one run helped.
    The amount of them dropping out injured before it even started and how badly they are performing shows something is badly a miss in the yard, I think they will struggle again tomorrow.

I think Top Notch will beat Yorkhill, TN has the form and in Yorkhills two chase runs hasn't faced anything special.

UDS won't like the drying ground.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

The amount of them dropping out injured before it even started and how badly they are performing shows something is badly a miss in the yard, I think they will struggle again tomorrow.

I think Top Notch will beat Yorkhill, TN has the form and in Yorkhills two chase runs hasn't faced anything special.

UDS won't like the drying ground.
    whatever is up with Mullins ?? .. withdrawals, injuries, Gigginstown remove all their horses .. a real mess but good for racing in general ? .. and Fehily ?? .. he's winning the lot other than the ones he rides that I back and come second ((:<)</p>

I posted the above earlier .. surely there must be a lot more to this than meets the eye .. From multiple winners to zilch .. I hope that is not a 'Godolphin' type scandal .. not being wise after the event but I have always been a little bit suspicious of Irish racing, handicaps, ratings and 'feeds'