Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham festival 2017 thread

40 days to go so thought would kick a thread off.

any fancies or tips stick em up here;

anyone going this year? doing the Tuesday and Wednesday

Comments

• We're going Friday and staying overnight.
  • the Friday will be a good day will be really lively with it being paddy's day aswell, ive lucked in cousins 40th hired a house in the cotswolds from 8th march - 15th march.
  • Yep will be there GC day like last year.
    Regarding antepost, I've got 30 quid on Melon for the supreme at 10's, thanks to @bobmunro. Placed at 5 mins before last Sunday's race
  • There Tuesday and Wednesday. Also got stuck into Melon so hoping to start the festival with a winner
  • edited February 2017

the Friday will be a good day will be really lively with it being paddy's day aswell, ive lucked in cousins 40th hired a house in the cotswolds from 8th march - 15th march.

The trouble is when you stay overnight, the better the night before was, the harder it is the next day.

Last time we stayed overnight we were "out on our feet" by 10pm and by God it was difficult the next morning to liven ourselves up. We haven't done an overnighter since as it was too much. (I am of course talking about excessive drinking, just in case anyone thought the horse racing was exhausting).
  • the Friday will be a good day will be really lively with it being paddy's day aswell, ive lucked in cousins 40th hired a house in the cotswolds from 8th march - 15th march.

The trouble is when you stay overnight, the better the night before was, the harder it is the next day.

Last time we stayed overnight we were "out on our feet" by 10pm and by God it was difficult the next morning to liven ourselves up. We haven't done an overnighter since as it was too much. (I am of course talking about excessive drinking, just in case anyone thought the horse racing was exhausting).
    yeah last year i done a day trip and its just tiring and a lot of time on trains.

up and out by 7 to get up to london to get down to cheltenham by 12.30 then your not back into london till earliest10, so this year decided to do a overnighter.
  • For those four days in the middle of March it is the best place on the planet!!

Was due to be there Tuesday and Wednesday as always, but have had to change my plans. First one missed for a while but will be watching with interest - especially the first race on Tuesday!!
  • Luckily for me I live pretty damn close - can't wait!
  • Luckily for me I am down there for the week. Cannot wait.
  • Neon Wolf .. the horse not the band .. whatever race he's in
  • Sponsored links:

• Neon Wolf .. the horse not the band .. whatever race he's in

Think he's in the Supreme Novice against Melon.
  • edited February 2017

Neon Wolf .. the horse not the band .. whatever race he's in

Think he's in the Supreme Novice against Melon.
    whaddya reckon ? .. just seen PPower has it at 14/1 .. Melon at 3s .. Supreme prices
    IN THE Neptune .. Neon Wolf is 6/1, Melon 16/1 .. doubt they'll meet
  • melon is defo going for the supreme think mullins confirmed it, will try find the story
  • Looking forward to it, will be there all week as usual. No huge thoughts although I like Bristol De Mai e/w for the Gold Cup.
  • melon is defo going for the supreme think mullins confirmed it, will try find the story

Yes he did - after Sunday's win he said 'I imagine it's now the first race on Tuesday for him'. That's as clear an indication as you'll get from Mullins.
  • philcafc said:

Looking forward to it, will be there all week as usual. No huge thoughts although I like Bristol De Mai e/w for the Gold Cup.

me too
  • bobmunro said:

melon is defo going for the supreme think mullins confirmed it, will try find the story

Yes he did - after Sunday's win he said 'I imagine it's now the first race on Tuesday for him'. That's as clear an indication as you'll get from Mullins.
    so you reckon Neon Wolf for the Neptune ?
  • bobmunro said:

melon is defo going for the supreme think mullins confirmed it, will try find the story

so you reckon Neon Wolf for the Neptune ?
    Yes, almost certainly.
  • Thursday & Friday for me.
    Meri Devie in the triumph hurdle in ante post market is my early wager.
  • Min & Faugheen both out of Cheltenham. The big names dropping like flies
  • Sponsored links:

• Never known so many of the top horses to be missing.
  • Champion hurdle is descending in to an egg-and-spoon race.
  • Might turn out to be a good decision by Nicky Henderson to bring Buveur D'Air back to hurdles.
  • Where's Peanuts! :)
  • thistlecrack ruled out of gold cup, backed cue card last week, phew!!!
  • Geraghty will miss Cheltenham.
  • Geraghty broke six ribs and suffered a collapsed lung in the fall yet, after a short while on the turf, he was standing up with his hands on his knees.
    He made it look like he was slightly winded.
    Jump jockeys are a breed apart.
  • I posted this earlier on the other racing thread .. Geraghty probably out injured for Cheltenham .. could mean a lot more JPM rides for Coleman who I thought would have got the green and gold job last year when AP retired
  • thistlecrack to have another scan as injury not as bad at 1st thought.