Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2017 thread

Comments

• Options
    Vvm vs limini which I think is ridiculous.
  • Options

Vvm vs limini which I think is ridiculous.

Just because VVM has been declared doesn't mean that she will definitely run. Might just be for insurance, just in case something happens to Limini in the next couple of days.
  • Options
    My uncle reckons Ballyandy running in the Supreme @bobmunro ... How dyou reckon he fairs against Melon?
  • Options
    and @Smithy
  • Options
    Movewiththetimes now out of the Supreme due to injury.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

My uncle reckons Ballyandy running in the Supreme @bobmunro ... How dyou reckon he fairs against Melon?

Moon Racer has beaten him twice, and I would take Melon to make that three! A bit one paced at the end of his races but he is the danger though.

Movewiththetimes now out of the Supreme due to injury.

Also Neon Wolf confirmed for the Neptune.
  • Options
    With the opposition falling by the wayside the price on Melon (and others) is starting to contract. Nice for those with ante post vouchers in their pockets.
    How many of you have laid off your bets to ensure that you cannot lose?
  • Options

With the opposition falling by the wayside the price on Melon (and others) is starting to contract. Nice for those with ante post vouchers in their pockets.

All or nothing for me - not laid off any of it (yet!).
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Just seems like a no-brainer to me.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

bobmunro said:

I won't lay it off for an even return - but will lay off enough to cover my total stakes on Melon. But then again I might not even do that as I'm even more confident with Melon than I was with Limini last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I won't lay it off for an even return - but will lay off enough to cover my total stakes on Melon. But then again I might not even do that as I'm even more confident with Melon than I was with Limini last year.
    Fair enough. I just like the idea of laying-off so that you are left with a free bet for your original stake. Nice if you've got 16/1 and you lay off at 3/1 or lower, leaving you with a free bet at 13/1+.
  • Options
    Bob
    Are 365 doing any offers for the festival mate?
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Bob

They will be but I couldn't possibly tell you yet!!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    You can back Melon for £20 and money back as a free bet if it loses with SKYBET. Currently 3/1 was 7/2 earlier this afternoon. The first race everyday is money back if you lose, with SKYBET.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Big_Bob said:

Bob

They will be but I couldn't possibly tell you yet!!
    Leaving it a bit late this year, no? Sky/PP had theirs out ages ago!!
  • Options

You can back Melon for £20 and money back as a free bet if it loses with SKYBET. Currently 3/1 was 7/2 earlier this afternoon. The first race everyday is money back if you lose, with SKYBET.

Betway doing same
  • Options

I got 4/1 on Friday.
  • Options

I got 4/1 on Friday.
    Snap... And yesterday, and again this morning. Better come up trumps!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I got 4/1 on Friday.
    Snap... And yesterday, and again this morning. Better come up trumps!
    Are you Irish ?

To be sure, to be sure, to be sure :wink:
  • Options
    On my way west shortly, looking forward to the week. Good luck to all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vroum Vroum Mag out of the Stan James.
  • Options
    14 declared for the Supreme - just waiting for the name R Walsh to appear alongside Melon and I'll be happy.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

14 declared for the Supreme - just waiting for the name R Walsh to appear alongside Melon and I'll be happy.

Well Brian Ellison thinks he knows the answer to that one "All the vibes (for Melon) have been good and Ruby Walsh has chosen him. He thinks Melon will win the Supreme and that's good enough for me."
  • Options
    @bobmunro what do you make of labaiks chances if he decides to jump in the supreme?
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Well Brian Ellison thinks he knows the answer to that one "All the vibes (for Melon) have been good and Ruby Walsh has chosen him. He thinks Melon will win the Supreme and that's good enough for me."
    Music to my bank manager's ears :)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Music to my bank manager's ears :)
    Bob, you do realise that, unlike a lot of the causes you so nobly support, your bank manager doesn't have to be one of them don't you?
  • Options
    Melon will go off 7/4 tomorrow
  • Options
    first bet put down - acca

melon in the supreme
    Unowwhatimeanharry - stayers
    defi du seuil - triumph
    death duty - albert bartlett
  • Options
    Can't wait for tomorrow
  • Options
    I'm going on the Wednesday this year.

Completes the set of days for me and always wanted to see the cross country.