Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2017 thread

Comments

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Melon will go off 7/4 tomorrow

11/4 on sky bet earlier. Got him ante post at 9/2
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Looks like i better top up again then... Just took 3/1 with betstars. First bet with them so another 20 free when settles
  • Options
    Who's setting up the telegraph fantasy league like past years ??????
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Maybe, although I can see Ballyandy actually going off favourite - his 'known' form is better. Plus the bookmakers on course haven't laid Melon yet. But office money may well tip the balance in Melon's favour, but I doubt as low as 7/4.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

Maybe, although I can see Ballyandy actually going off favourite - his 'known' form is better. Plus the bookmakers on course haven't laid Melon yet. But office money may well tip the balance in Melon's favour, but I doubt as low as 7/4.
    Good point Bob , 95% of the on course bookmakers will have laid next to nothing antepost. As its them and the on course punters who make the market on the day, you can see some significant moves either way. Yes, the big firms will be putting money into the ring, but the Cheltenham ring, can not be manipulated as easily as Plumpton on a Monday afternoon.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I got 11/4 on melon earlier .100/30 ATM on skybet
  • Options
    Most of you probably know what you're doing but there was a pull out in the standard tonight
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Most of you probably know what you're doing but there was a pull out in the standard tonight

Did they get kicked out?
  • Options
    Horse guide

• Options
    I'm going to back Bunk off early in the 13.30 as part of super Heinz.

Altior, noble endeavour, moon racer, limini, edwulf and foxtail hill

I'm shit at betting on the nags, I would recommend everyone stays away from my picks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need 3 wins and a load of places to make back overall stake (I have several super Heinz)
  • Options
    On the other hand, in the unlikely event of all seven winning I seem to be in line for £95k off a £48 stake.
  • Options
    Main mineybfor me would be if cloudy dream wins the 14.10 with others placing or winning

(Looking at river wylde, the druids nephew, buveur dare, apples jade, beware the bear and foxtail hill to bring that one home)
  • Options
    Just noticed if they all win the drinks are on me.
  • Options
    Game on!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    https://www.stanjames.com/UK/802/promo1
    There's a free £5 bet everyday for Stan James customers.
    It's from 8am to 5.30 and you can use on anything.
  • Options
    2:50 label des obeaux ew
  • Options

You can back Melon for £20 and money back as a free bet if it loses with SKYBET. Currently 3/1 was 7/2 earlier this afternoon. The first race everyday is money back if you lose, with SKYBET.

Money back but only to re-bet.

Melon is heavily fancied, couple of betters at work have 'gone large' which knowing them means 4 figure bets.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Getting nervous now :') roll on 2:30!
  • Options
    3.30 The new one e/w
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not working
  • Options
    1:30 Melon
    2:10 Altior
    2:50 measureofmydreams
    3:30 Brain Power
    4:10 Limini
    4:50 Genie in a Bottle
    5:30 Two Taffs (I always look for horses turning up at the festival with new head gear, wearing cheek pieces and tongue tie)
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Not working
    Normally have to wait about an hour for it too go into free bets, although it does say up to two hours.
  • Options
    My 3 for today:

4:10 NAP Limini

17:30 NB Itsafreebee

16:50 Trixie Beware The Bear
  • Options
    I was at a Chelteham Pre Festival last night where they had Joseph O'Brien, Paul Townsend, Jonathan Burke and a local Cork Amateur jockey Ciaran Fennesy at it. All came across as sound fellows and Messer’s. Anyway if it’s of interest to you here’s the output of the evening:

Day 1
    Supreme Novice Hurdle
    Movewiththetimes (E/W)
    Melon will prob win but worried about her experience

Arkle Chase
    Altior will walk this. Back Charbel w/o

Champion Hurdle
    Yanworth

OLBG Mares Hurdle
    Vroum Vroum Mag if she runs in this. Otherwise Apple's Jade

Day 2
    Neptune Novice Hurdle
    Neon Wolf

RSA Chase
    Overall feeling was Might Bite but JOB really liked Royal Vacation at his price and advise its a great e/w shot

Champion Chase
    Douvan wont be touched but back God Owns w/o

Cross Country Chase
    "If you back this u have a problem was the quote, if backing they said Cause of Causes

Champion Bumper
    This was the most interesting. Paul Townsend was very sweet on Carter McKay. He said Patrick Mullins has him in tip top shape and thinks he is great value at 3/1

Day 3
    JLT Novice Chase
    Yorkhill with Disko as a danger if he is in this race

Ryanair Chase
    Joseph O'Brien thought Uxizandre has a great chance in this. Paul Townsend wasn’t that confident on Un De Sceaux

Stayers Hurdle
    JOB really liked Unowhatimeanharry for this

Day 4
    Triumph Hurdle
    Mega Fortune - they thought she was a good price currently

Albert Bartlett Hurdle
    Death Duty - they all fancied this. They heard she is on fire and Elliot is really confident

Gold Cup
    They all agreed on Djakadam that this was his year.. Paul Townsend advised he has done everything right at home and has been tailored for this race all year. Preparation a lot better than last year.

Foxhunters Chase
    Sweet As A Nut has a decent e/w chance for this

There was 2 other horse they has heard really good things about but were not sure which races they would run in yet. Its Diamond King and Tombstone... so when declared, they would be interesting horses to back..
  • Options
    Melon on the drift. 4/1 with hills. Squeaky bum time! It's going to put such a downer on my week if it doesn't come in.
  • Options

Melon on the drift. 4/1 with hills. Squeaky bum time! It's going to put such a downer on my week if it doesn't come in.

Still confident... All the drift means is that there is money going on Ballyandy. Doesn't affect his chances
  • Options

It's not if you click on the "4/1" and then bet on bookmakers site" it takes you to the William Hill site and the price is 3/1.

If it was 4/1 you could have the easiest arb in history by laying at 4.4 on Betfair.
  • Options

Need 3 wins and a load of places to make back overall stake (I have several super Heinz)

I also do Super Heinz Neil. 5p a line so £12 in total. If I remove the e/w element it will bring it down to £6, but I just don't know enough to be confident with my commitments
  • Options

It's not if you click on the "4/1" and then bet on bookmakers site" it takes you to the William Hill site and the price is 3/1.

If it was 4/1 you could have the easiest arb in history by laying at 4.4 on Betfair.
    Also Coral were "10/1" earlier on oddschecker on Melon - another "scam" because the 10/1 was, indeed, correct but clicking on it took you to the Neptune!