Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2017 thread

Comments

• Options
    I think Coral were 10/1 for the Melon/Limini double. That was the offer I saw?
  • Options

https://www.stanjames.com/UK/802/promo1
    There's a free £5 bet everyday for Stan James customers.
    It's from 8am to 5.30 and you can use on anything.

Just used this thanks - logged in and was there 5 mins later.

Just put the free fiver on Anna Cotty after reading @Anna_Kissed

( FREE ) £5.00 Single - Bet Ref : 71/70
    Annacotty @ 66/1
    Stake: £5.00Est. Returns: £330.00
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Need 3 wins and a load of places to make back overall stake (I have several super Heinz)

I also do Super Heinz Neil. 5p a line so £12 in total. If I remove the e/w element it will bring it down to £6, but I just don't know enough to be confident with my commitments
    Cabbles, if it was me i would remove any races where you intend to back anything e/w lower than 5/1. Then just have a higher stake Lucky 15 or L31.
  • Options

Melon on the drift. 4/1 with hills. Squeaky bum time! It's going to put such a downer on my week if it doesn't come in.

3/1 is about the best you will get right now - 14/5 on Betfair.

First show from the track will be interesting, and then see what happens after that - Melon will be backed heavily on course, but so will Ballyandy.
  • Options
    Mine today, for what it's worth!

1.30 Melon (no surprise there!!)
    2.10 Altior - if he gets round he wins. Smart bet is Charbel (EW)
    2.50 Singlefarmpayment
    3.30 Yanworth (The New One EW)
    4.10 Limini (would have backed VVM but he was bleeding from his nose last time out and clearly not 100%)
    4.50 Arpege Dalene (EW)
    5.30 Tully East (EW)

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Melon on the drift. 4/1 with hills. Squeaky bum time! It's going to put such a downer on my week if it doesn't come in.

First show from the track will be interesting, and then see what happens after that - Melon will be backed heavily on course, but so will Ballyandy.
    Ballyandy is the "thieving EW" horse to back with the bookies @ 7/2 - it's the same price (1.86) in the place market as Melon on Betfair but 4.7, as opposed to Melon's 3.95, in the win. I hope, like a lot of us, though, that Melon wins.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Ballyandy is the "thieving EW" horse to back with the bookies @ 7/2 - it's the same price (1.86) in the place market as Melon on Betfair but 4.7, as opposed to Melon's 3.95, in the win. I hope, like a lot of us, though, that Melon wins.
    Absolutely agree - Ballyandy is pretty much nailed on for a place. Melon either wins by 10 easing up or is tailed off!
  • Options
    Today's losers
    1.30 melon
    2.10 forest bihan ew and altior w
    2.50 Henry parry Morgan ew
    3.30 the new one ew Bevouir d'are w
    4.10 limini
    4.50 champers on ice ew
    5.30 double w's ew two taffs ew

Just got down here after a good 4 days in the Cotswolds with the family.

Weather is okay although looks like could rain later.

Here's to a good Cheltenham and making a bit of profit hopefully.
  • Options
    Friend runs a site that's worth a look - they're a winning bunch overall. http://2ptsw.in/

Their tips are:

13:30: 1pt win Melon @3/1

14:50: 1pt win Singlefarmpayment @15/2

14:50: 0.75pt each-way Ibris Du Rheu @12/1 (BetVictor offer five places)

15:30: 1pt each-way Buveur D'Air @5/1 (SkyBet offer four places)

15:30: 0.5pt each-way Sceau Royal @33/1 (advised ante-post on Jan 12th)
  • Options
    Gutted I can't make it due to a busy week at work, typical! I'll be lapping up the atmosphere every night though in the pubs around Gloucester & Cheltenham. A melon win would be a very nice start :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbles said:

Need 3 wins and a load of places to make back overall stake (I have several super Heinz)

I also do Super Heinz Neil. 5p a line so £12 in total. If I remove the e/w element it will bring it down to £6, but I just don't know enough to be confident with my commitments
    Cabbles, if it was me i would remove any races where you intend to back anything e/w lower than 5/1. Then just have a higher stake Lucky 15 or L31.
    Thanks mate - yeah that is where my knowledge will fail me. I'll have another look. It's so hard trying to do all this at work as well
  • Options
    I have a colleague out there. He lives literally next door to the racecourse (i.e. his garden seems to back on to it, or something), and he says the going is "on the good side of good-to-soft", if that helps inform anyone!

Still, good luck one and all!
  • Options
    3.30 Brain Power e/w
    5.30 Double W's e?w
  • Options
    I'm hardly confident today but here goes:-

1:30 Ballyandy
    2:10 Altior
    2:50 Holywell, Un Temps Pour Tout ew
    3:30 Brain Power, My Tent or Yours ew
    4:10 Limini
    4:50 Beware the Bear
    5:30 Foxtail Hill, Two Taffs ew
  • Options
    Just finished watching the morning preview program on ITV4. I didn't realise how much Nicky Henderson sounds like Ronnie Corbett!
  • Options
    Rubbish at horses... so here are mine

Melon
    Altior
    Noble endeavor
    Buveur d'air
    Limini
    Foxtail Hill
  • Options
    Melon,Altidore and Yanworth looked like an easy treble for me.

This is what Cheltenham does to you.
    (No wonder I've got no money)
  • Options

Just finished watching the morning preview program on ITV4. I didn't realise how much Nicky Henderson sounds like Ronnie Corbett!

He does - but he's a top man.
  • Options
    In the 2:50 Label des Obeaux 20/1 e/w with 365 (5 places) looks reasonable value.

Also 4:50 Tiger Roll 16/1 e/w for me.

got a feeling this could be a bookies festival.
  • Options
    GRAY9 said:

In the 2:50 Label des Obeaux 20/1 e/w with 365 (5 places) looks reasonable value.

Also 4:50 Tiger Roll 16/1 e/w for me.

got a feeling this could be a bookies festival.

It does look like it gives us a chance for the first time in years!! I'll take breakeven now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got Ballyandy at 10s after the Betfair hurdle, so that would be a nice start to the week.
  • Options
    have backed
    - Altior/Measureofmydreams e/w double
    - Moon Racer
    - Ron's Dream (cheeky e/w bet)
  • Options
    wild outsiders ... cheap e/w yankee/lucky15

1.30 Beyond Conceit
    2.10 Forest Bihan
    3.30 The New One
    4.10 Indian Stream
  • Options
    On River Wylde in the first, Yanworth in the Champion Hurdle and doubled them up.
  • Options
    All that chat 25/1 shot pisses it lol
  • Options
    FFS
  • Options
    Hey ho - close but no cigar!
  • Options
    Bread water the rest of the month
  • Options
    How does that win? Hopefully things can only get better.
  • Options
    The winner has refused or been reluctant to race six times in the last nine runs. Good luck if you found it!