Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2017 thread

Comments

• Options
    Had money on top notch so didn't stand a chance.

Warning to everyone. Next one I've backed is Unowhatimeanharry so back any other horse if you want a chance at winning
  • Options
    Winner, just need to follow it up with another 3 now :-)
  • Options

Winner, just need to follow it up with another 3 now :-)

same - got a super heinz on, need at least 3 more i reckon
  • Options
    Yorkhill puts me into profit for the whole festival now. Still time to lose it all though!
  • Options
    davy russel talked everyone out of backing it before the race ha
  • Options
    Played 2 lost 2 so far today.

The Karel Fraye of horse racing betting.

*Retires to find a horse with laundry or basket in its name*

Can't be any worse!
  • Options
    3 winners & a winning place bet so far this meeting. Must be the best I've ever done at Cheltenham.
    I'm usually lucky if I get more than one winner for the whole meeting.
  • Options

https://www.stanjames.com/UK/802/promo1
    There's a free £5 bet everyday for Stan James customers.
    It's from 8am to 5.30 and you can use on anything.

Stu, this code isn't working today. Stan James say there is a different code each day.
    That's weird, it worked for me.
    Did it work the other days?
    Yes it worked the first two days. I rang them & they said you have to use a different code from the paper each day. Weird.
    I did that link again & it worked this time.
  • Options
    Lumped unowhatimeanharry, need it to dig me out of a very deep hole
  • Options
    I think lots of people are relying on unowhatimeanharry :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    placed bets for tomorrow and still got a few to run for today, will end in profit so a good festival so far, uknowwhatimeanharry to turn it from a good week to a great week.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Lumped unowhatimeanharry, need it to dig me out of a very deep hole

If you are in a hole, stop digging mate
  • Options
    impressive from uds there
  • Options
    Very, the horse almost told the jockey what to do.
  • Options

3 winners & a winning place bet so far this meeting. Must be the best I've ever done at Cheltenham.
    I'm usually lucky if I get more than one winner for the whole meeting.

Well done mate
  • Options
    Currently saving for a greenhouse so have given Chelts a miss this year.

Just as well, most of the nags I picked out for a bit of fun will probably be working for the Express Dairy next week :smiley:
  • Options
    Bloody Walsh ! I backed Lil Rockerfeller in that
  • Options
    And there you go ladies and gentleman. Hope you all followed my warning and stayed away from Unowhatimeanharry.

If I backed a horse that was racing 3 legged donkeys, he'd still lose.
  • Options
    Let's dance will go off a really short price now after Ruby has had 3 winners
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Wonder what the price was for Mullins/Walsh to have no winners first 2 days?

The Mullins' horses really aren't running to form and you can tell in Ruby's body language that he isn't persevering with them when he thinks they are wrong. Paul Morrison said on RUK that he thought a lot of them had gone in their coat.

Makes Melon's run even more commendable though perhaps the fact that the horse had had only one run helped.
    The amount of them dropping out injured before it even started and how badly they are performing shows something is badly a miss in the yard, I think they will struggle again tomorrow.

I think Top Notch will beat Yorkhill, TN has the form and in Yorkhills two chase runs hasn't faced anything special.

UDS won't like the drying ground.
    whatever is up with Mullins ?? .. withdrawals, injuries, Gigginstown remove all their horses .. a real mess but good for racing in general ? .. and Fehily ?? .. he's winning the lot other than the ones he rides that I back and come second ((:<)</p>

I posted the above earlier .. surely there must be a lot more to this than meets the eye .. From multiple winners to zilch .. I hope that is not a 'Godolphin' type scandal .. not being wise after the event but I have always been a little bit suspicious of Irish racing, handicaps, ratings and 'feeds'
    Phil Smith, the BHA handicapper, should give all O'Leary's horses a 3 stone penalty - now that would really give him the hump!

That still wouldn't be enough!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone checked up on @CAFCsayer ??
  • Options

Has anyone checked up on @CAFCsayer ??

Arlisle Beach in the next :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Done... Have smalls on What's happening in the next race, if it don't come in its just pocket change on accas tomorrow. Shit shit festival, couldn't pick my nose, never mind a winner
  • Options
    Fancy Mall Dini is the last my only bet today
  • Options
    At least someone in the family knows what they are doing.

@Len\'s_little_girl picked Road To Respect in the 4:10.
  • Options
    Even my bet on gordan Elliot top trainer could go now aswell :neutral:
  • Options
    Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby Revenge! Did wonder if Ruby/Mullins would get revenge today after a bad start. But like I play poker I try play only when in position and play fewer hands in tournaments, so gave it miss today whilst in profit! So hoping a few of you gents thought likewise and got on Ruby and Mullins and got lucky?
    Tip for ya all, if all you fancy keep losing _ Back who you don't fancy :pensive:
  • Options
    Squouateur looks good for Elliott in the last with a saver on Potters Legend.
  • Options
    Mully and Walsh .. musta been a BIG wind up ((:>)
  • Options
    Wank shit fuck crap