Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:
    That's a fantastic record, Elfborg. Just to say, like Sporodic, I appreciate your posts here. 
    Cheers @Stig I will be going to Real Madrid v Betis on the 2nd November.  Perhaps others on here have been before and can give their thoughts on the ground etc.
    Been to the Bernabau twice but a few years back. Ive not done the stadium tour just match but the tour is supposed to be excellent.Good views, atmosphere, food. Obviously be prepared for a slow exit. Maybe ask on the La Liga thread as some may have been more recently.
    Im looking at trying to go to a Real Betis home game in maybe April/May. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    That's a fantastic record, Elfborg. Just to say, like Sporodic, I appreciate your posts here. 
    Cheers @Stig I will be going to Real Madrid v Betis on the 2nd November.  Perhaps others on here have been before and can give their thoughts on the ground etc.
    Been to the Bernabau twice but a few years back. Ive not done the stadium tour just match but the tour is supposed to be excellent.Good views, atmosphere, food. Obviously be prepared for a slow exit. Maybe ask on the La Liga thread as some may have been more recently.
    Im looking at trying to go to a Real Betis home game in maybe April/May. 
    Betis looks very decent, as well as the other Seville side Sevilla.

A lot of the Spanish grounds are very similar in being a bowl and virtually without a roof in the ground, a good job they tend to not get much rain!
  • Options

Real Madrid v Real Betis last Saturday.
    Glory hunter
  • Options

Well done. I did wonder if you made it. Did you do the tour or just the game?
  • Options

No, I did not bother with the tour.

I have done a tour of Boca Juniors and Benfica, and have not been too impressed, so passed on this occasion.
  • Options

Glory hunter
    I was supporting Betis, they had about 500. By Spanish standards that was quite impressive as the Spaniards do not travel well.
  • Options
    Tours can get a bit samey. Impressive ground and museum is good. Nice sandwiches at bar nearby (random yeah).
  • Options

I have done a tour of Boca Juniors and Benfica, and have not been too impressed, so passed on this occasion.
    160 euros for a top is taking the piss even for them.
    Didnt know you had been to the Bombonera. Would love that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tours can get a bit samey. Impressive ground and museum is good. Nice sandwiches at bar nearby (random yeah).
    I was disappointed that there was working going on around two sides of the ground.
  • Options

160 euros for a top is taking the piss even for them.
    Didnt know you had been to the Bombonera. Would love that
    Two years ago, December 2017.  Unfortunately they started their mid season break a week before I was out there.

A cracking ground, away fans not allowed for any Buenos Aires derby.  The folks are a bit excitable!
  • Options
    Hitchin Town 1 - 1 Bedfont Sports.

Buldbase FA Trophy First Round Qualifying.

Bedfont went in leading at half time 1-0 against the run of play, Back to the walls for Bedfont in the second half, after much pressure from Hitchin. Hitchin eventually scored, a wicked deflection but well deserved to to make it 1-1

In the second half the Bedfont goalie made some cracking saves to keep it level and was my MOM.

A revisit to Hitchin for me having previously Visited Hitchin's ground in the early 80's On a Tuesday night to see them beat Hendon 3-1 in a Berger Isthmian League Premier League Fixture.

Unable to Get a ticket for today's game meant this was an obvious choice. quick and easy from Woolwich using Thameslink.

Travel £16.50
    Admission £12 / £11 onlne
    Programme £2

Decent bar with BT & SKY SPorts.

Forest v Deby &  Chelsea v Palace both Showing.

• Options
    Badger said:
    Hitchin Town 1 - 1 Bedfont Sports.

Buldbase FA Trophy First Round Qualifying.

Bedfont went in leading at half time 1-0 against the run of play, Back to the walls for Bedfont in the second half, after much pressure from Hitchin. Hitchin eventually scored, a wicked deflection but well deserved to to make it 1-1

In the second half the Bedfont goalie made some cracking saves to keep it level and was my MOM.

A revisit to Hitchin for me having previously Visited Hitchin's ground in the early 80's On a Tuesday night to see them beat Hendon 3-1 in a Berger Isthmian League Premier League Fixture.

Unable to Get a ticket for today's game meant this was an obvious choice. quick and easy from Woolwich using Thameslink.

Travel £16.50
    Admission £12 / £11 onlne
    Programme £2

Decent bar with BT & SKY SPorts.

Forest v Deby &  Chelsea v Palace both Showing.

Good result for Bedfont.

The replay on their 3G pitch may prove tricky for Hitchin.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Frimley Green v Spelthorne Sports yesterday finished 1-3, Spelthorne totally dominated the second half and could easily have scored a couple more.

This was a Combined Counties Premier League game, and given the weather I was surprised there were around 40 fans watching.

Speaking to one of the Frimley Green officials during the game, he said that regulations meant a 100 seater stand had to be built at a cost of 12K, he said they would net about £200 from each game.  12K is a lot of money for a stand that is not needed for clubs like this.
  • Options

Frimley Green v Spelthorne Sports
    What a contrast - Real Madrid one week, Players making sliding tackles and getting up covered in Dog shit the next. 
  • Options

Frimley Green v Spelthorne Sports
    What a contrast - Real Madrid one week, Players making sliding tackles and getting up covered in Dog shit the next. 
    It would be a shock to the system for Modric and Benzema to come here.
  • Options
    Great Wakering Rovers 1 Canvey Island 1

...and home by 5pm.
  • Options
    Stig said:

...and home by 5pm.
    Any from Canvey?

Done this with our reserves pre-season in about 2000.
  • Options
    We played there two years running.

2002: GWR O CAFC 3 Cerroni, Martin (p), Sharland

2003: GWR 0 CAFC 2 Deane, Severino

There's always a few from Canvey. Not as many as Wakering,  but more vocal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

...and home by 5pm.
    Any from Canvey?

Elsborgisadick your so boring
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Stig said:

...and home by 5pm.
    Any from Canvey?

Elsborgisadick your so boring
    May your next poo be a hedgehog.
  • Options
    Went to Swindon Supermarine 2 Hendon 0 yesterday.

Really nice ground, good pitch, excellent little bar (although no real ale) and very friendly people. Worth a visit. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Really nice ground, good pitch, excellent little bar (although no real ale) and very friendly people. Worth a visit. 
    Is it far from Swindon station?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

It's about 5 miles so best to take the bus from Swindon Station.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I think it's about 5 miles....a little bit in the middle of nowhere. 
  • Options

Was lucky enough to catch Macclesfield 0-0 Mansfield yesterday 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Was lucky enough to catch Macclesfield 0-0 Mansfield yesterday 
    Your pro shots make the grounds look amazing
  • Options
    Didn’t make it into the ground in Kosovo on the Sunday but got a few snaps from outside.ide.