Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2017

Comments

• Options
    Sain

Saint Are 40/1 for me.

You and me both
  • Options
    SPOILER/RESULT

14.50 Phew, Might Bite holds off Whisper again, very similar to at Cheltenham.
  • Options
    Sad to hear Peanuts isn't sharing his wisdom this year, I hope he's ok, the man's an absolute legend. In his absence I guess it's back to blindly picking based on names tomorrow in corals.....
  • Options
    Had to go for One For Arthur
  • Options
    Anyone else watch "the virtual grand national" on itv4 earlier.

They used form, stats, data, patterns and systems to create a simulation of the race with all the runners etc.
    Input from jockeys, trainers, tipsters and journalists all into a computer and pressed play.

A full grand national race shown, including commentary.

Detail was incredible...loose horses continuing running and getting in the way, the ambulances following round the course, even people coming on after the horses passed to repair the fences for the next circuit.

20 of the 40 horses finished the "race"

Cause of causes got the win, came from nowhere really.
    Pleasant Company, Vieux Lion Rouge and Vicente chased home.
  • Options
    Didn't watch it but with any race, they can't account for luck and misfortune. 40 horses taking one fence at a time, anything can happen. Absolutely lottery.
  • Options
    Oh 100%
    Picking horses with a pin has probably the same chance of finding a winner.

Read about 20 different systems and you'll get 20 different winners haha
  • Options
    I've done these 4 for the big race all ew

LORD WINDERMERE
    WOUNDED WARRIOR
    VICENTE
    ROGUE ANGEL
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can choose as many horses as you want to get the bet365 offer up to £125 refund. Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Does anyone know if you can choose as many horses as you want to get the bet365 offer up to £125 refund. Cheers

Yep, you can

• Options
    Cheers mate
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

I backed 4 and got the 50% refund on them all. Don't forget the midday deadline & that their site may well start lagging, near to midday.
  • Options
    Cheers mate, just done them, The refund was instant as well.
  • Options
    Gutted that Peanuts has deserted over contraversy with Brexit where nobody knows fuck all about fuck all including the Tories started the thing with no idea of consequenses. I hope I wasn't one that pushed him over the edge. The best thread on CL ever. I think. Or what was the one about "should I contact my ex". Tel?
  • Options
    Anyone who followed my advice will already be a few hundred pounds up. But for those who insist on looking for a winner i have narrowed it down to two.

The Last Samuri - has a great chance if the weight doesn't beat him
    Cause of Causes - has the best winning profile
  • Options
    len90 said:

Anyone who followed my advice will already be a few hundred pounds up. But for those who insist on looking for a winner i have narrowed it down to two.

The Last Samuri - has a great chance if the weight doesn't beat him
    Cause of Causes - has the best winning profile

But where is the finite analysis, horse by horse of their history and chances. FFS Peanuts give us a punt.
  • Options
    Glad you're safe and well Peanuts !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice to hear from you
  • Options
    Good to see you back Peanuts. Gone with your picks as I've had a mental week and no time whatsoever to do my own picks.
  • Options
    Thank f... your back peanuts.
  • Options
    Is there a code for that 365 offer or does it just happen...? Can't see it mentioned on the app
  • Options
    Glad to hear you're OK Peanuts.

More stats for you this year to get back in the saddle for the 2018 race. Really missed your annual thread this year.
  • Options
    Yay Peanuts!!

Glad you are well.
  • Options
    Oi oi peanuts

So glad you've gone with Saint Are as I've already backed him
  • Options
    The world has righted itself, welcome back PM.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Is there a code for that 365 offer or does it just happen...? Can't see it mentioned on the app

No code. Just place the bet I believe
  • Options
    Glad you're ok @PeanutsMolloy

You've been a huge miss this year!