Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options
    Spurs crumbling.
  • Options
    Wa wa wee wa
  • Options
    Ha ha. Man utd will be praying for Juventus :smile:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Bloody hell what's happened? Being away for just a few minutes!
  • Options
    This will surely be a barnstorming last 20. Unfortunately I'm stuck with Leeds v Wolves.
  • Options
    Superb substitutions by the Juventus manager.
  • Options
    Spurs need to make some subs before it’s too late, they’ve lost control of the match.
  • Options
    City losing 2-1 at home to Basel.
  • Options
    Chiellini incredible performance.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Buffon and Chiellini. I don't believe it. Have Italy found the anti-ageing drug? Will miss them so much at the World Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spurs out.

From talk of all five going through to now potentially only two.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

This will surely be a barnstorming last 20. Unfortunately I'm stuck with Leeds v Wolves.

Uncannily similar on TV. White v Gold
  • Options
    Gutted for Spurs tbh
  • Options
    For the sake of the competition I wish Spurs had gone through , Juventus arent the best side to watch but just so effective.

Credit to Allegri especially

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Hope this doesn’t affect Spurs form for the rest of the season, would love them to win the FA Cup.
  • Options
    don't agree with the praise Allegri is getting imo. he should of changed it in the first 15 minutes to 4 at the back as it was obvious they were stretched back there. he was lucky Son and Kane didn't finish of their chances because of the room they were getting. once he finally saw sense and fortunate that it wasn't too late the game changed.

after the second goal it was excruciating to watch as I was supporting Juve. so many great blocks but I swear Juve are masochistic. it was almost like they wanted them to keep attacking and for them to do last ditch blocks.
  • Options
    They’ve had something like 5 shots on target in 2 games. Scored 4 times and the 5th was in the 91st min of the second leg when we had everyone pushed forward. Says a lot.

They’ve done a proper job on us over the 2 legs. We’re a bit wet behind the ears with CL experience. Massive improvement on last year, hopefully we get another go next season.

That’s football. Chiellini is unbelievable, so is Buffon. When he cut that cross out, that was magnificent defending. Cant argue with that.

Hopefully we’ll turn the experience into a positive. No disgrace losing a 1st game in 18 to them that’s for sure.

For anyone questioning Alli is a diver, I refer you to Dybala.

Anyone to win it but the Bin Dippers please. That would be unbearable.
  • Options
    Juve started in an odd formation with a centre back at right back and pretty much no midfield. As soon as they switched it up they looked the team we know them to be and they walked the game. Different level.
  • Options
    Also, what a brilliant chat to Chiellini at the end. Great to see a player who is so interesting to listen to. Emotional ending to interview too when talking about Astori.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Split personality over this one , really wanted Spurs through against the cynical Italians but bizarrely I’d probably prefer Juve to win the trophy than Spurs .
    Having them lot crow on about any sort of success is not a pleasant thought
  • Options
    Sevilla 1-0 up @ Old Trafford

Means Man Utd need to score two goals to go through

That'll teach Mourinho to try and protect from the Away Goal rather than going for it themselves
  • Options
    Make that 2-0 to Sevilla now... Night Night United
  • Options
    Very surprising result so far, especially as Sevilla have not been doing particularly great in the league here. Must have been saving their best form for the Champions League.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Bit of an overreaction it must be said.

Talk of an 'inquest' and 'one of the worst days in their European history' is pretty much nonsense.

They had a bad game and lost in the Champions League last 16 by 1 goal. Hardly the stuff of nightmares.

It was more the manner of the defeat. Sevilla are not really a good side, outside the top 4 in Spain, had lost more than half their away league games and have a minus goal difference.

United were disjointed, clueless and had no real game plan. If you were a United fan you'd be rightly furious at the display.

Incidentally we've gone from talk of a possible 4-5 premier league sides in the last 8 and a "new era"..............to now looking like only 2 sides, the same as Italy which is no longer seen as a really top league.
  • Options
    I think the point about Sevilla's current standing is important. They have been pretty average this year and have fallen off the pace particularly recently, losing to Valencia last week to make it unlikely they will finish in the top four. It is hardly like Man Utd have lost to a real contender in the Spanish league, and I would say a proper reflection is needed on Utd's part about their tactics, approach and player commitment.