Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options
    I'm a big fan of Mourinho and the way time and time again his tactics have controlled games. Yes boring football but 8/10 he sets his teams up to perform a certain way and they do. You have to admire that at this standard.
    Last night he got it wrong but there's something still not clicking at United. Maybe the team are still learning and growing together. I'll think they will win the FA Cup this year finish 2nd but he really has to deliver something bigger next year.
  • Options
    Sanchez has been a disaster so far, don't see how or where he fits into their team. Pogba has been awful since arriving too. Those two earn over 600k a week between them and have really offered very little recently.
  • Options
    Shame i couldn't enjoy it more as we are so shite not like we can laugh at others at the mo. I posted on twitter how to be an arsenal/United fan right now and the reaction, when look at Charlton.
  • Options

Sanchez has been a disaster so far, don't see how or where he fits into their team. Pogba has been awful since arriving too. Those two earn over 600k a week between them and have really offered very little recently.

The joke of it is, he was playing the same for Arsenal all season before they signed him. He gives the ball away far too much and is very selfish, although a good player when he is on form he hasn't been this season at all. Would be funny if he gets sold in the summer :P
  • Options

Bit of an overreaction it must be said.

Talk of an 'inquest' and 'one of the worst days in their European history' is pretty much nonsense.

They had a bad game and lost in the Champions League last 16 by 1 goal. Hardly the stuff of nightmares.

It was more the manner of the defeat. Sevilla are not really a good side, outside the top 4 in Spain, had lost more than half their away league games and have a minus goal difference.

United were disjointed, clueless and had no real game plan. If you were a United fan you'd be rightly furious at the display.

Incidentally we've gone from talk of a possible 4-5 premier league sides in the last 8 and a "new era"..............to now looking like only 2 sides, the same as Italy which is no longer seen as a really top league.
    Neither are Manchester United.

They were talking about the game as if Sevilla should've just forfeited the game. Ignoring the fact that the reason Man City are so far ahead of the rest is that the rest are rubbish.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Weakest teams left in it must be Liverpool, Sevilla and Roma. But I’m sure they can all beat any team on their day. Looking like a tasty last 8. Man City and Juventus have a chance. But I can’t see past Real, Barca or Bayern at the moment.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Weakest teams left in it must be Liverpool, Sevilla and Roma. But I’m sure they can all beat any team on their day. Looking like a tasty last 8. Man City and Juventus have a chance. But I can’t see past Real, Barca or Bayern at the moment.

Sevilla look way out of their depth amongst the rest
    Liverpool as we all know are going to leak goals, but I think they boast the 4th best attack
    Juventus haven’t looked special this year but they are always so effective in this competition , they’ll probably make the semis barring an unlucky draw

City or Barca for me , Real have been found lacking a few too many times this season , and Bayern , whilst being a great all round side, don’t have the attacking threat of the other 3 ( Barca , City and Real)

• Options
    good start for Messi and co. however since the goal Chelsea look pretty good.
  • Options
    barca don't mess about though. 2-0
  • Options
    3-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barca v ManC would be an epic final. Hope it happens.
  • Options
    When's the draw for next round?

Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Sevilla, Roma, Juventus, Man City, Real Madrid, Liverpool.
  • Options
    Barcelona are flattering to deceive.

Good result against a poor team in which they've scored the 3 chances they've created.

Against a better team like City/Juve/Bayern they may become unstuck.
  • Options
    Photo of Chelsea's keeper defending against Messi....

• Options
    Man U will be devastated to go out to Sevilla, that's a massive negative mark against Jose really.

Losing to Barcelona (and to a lesser extent Juventus) were far more excusable results.
  • Options
    To be honest I thought Spurs should’ve won over two legs , and Chelsea easily could’ve done

There is no dominant side this year which I like
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Chelsea played with ambition(unlike at city)but were weak in both boxes. Barcelona played in second gear and still won 3-0. Having a genius in your side who can make a top keeper look Scottish helps.
  • Options
    Messi’s finishing was good tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fancy a City v Bayern final myself unless they meet in an earlier round.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Got a feeling Liverpool are gonna get drawn against Madrid
    Maybe Barca vs City too
  • Options
    Quarter Final Draw:

Barca v Roma
    Sevilla v Bayern Munich
    Real Madrid v Juventus
    Liverpool v Man City
  • Options
    Barca, Bayern and Real should all be in the semi's as usual then
  • Options

Quarter Final Draw:

Barca v Roma
    Sevilla v Bayern Munich
    Real Madrid v Juventus
    Liverpool v Man City

Not very exciting for me, Juventus v Real Madrid stand out but not a fan of Juventus and they will make it a dull game.

All english team could be alot of goals, but hopefully City win. Cant stand Liverpool or their supporters!
  • Options
    Hmmmm... three Spanish teams drawn apart, two Italian teams drawn apart... it's a conspiracy.
  • Options
    That Juve tie is the other way around. Juve are at home first leg.

Barca and Bayern should cruise through.
    Real always pull it out in the champions league and that's all they're playing for now so can rest players.
    All english tie should be goals galore, but i fancy City to edge it what with the 2nd leg at home.
  • Options
    The City Liverpool match stands out a mile with that draw

If the expected teams go through from the other QFs, there should be some cracking semi finals
  • Options
    Don't think Barca will find it as easy as many people are suggesting.
  • Options
    So what happens if Salzburg get Leipzig in the Europa league draw? Do Red Bull complain?