Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#UnityProtest in Sint-Truiden - Official Protest/'Match' Thread 3rd/4th March 2017

Comments

• Options

Day coach passing Leuven, the home of Stella Artois, on the way back.

The Italian Job is the in-flight movie.

I do hope it's the original☺
  • Options
    hundreds marching loud and proud - next march (if we need one) we can make it thousands!
  • Options
    Home save everybody.
  • Options

Certainly is.
  • Options

Certainly is.
    Remember seeing it at the ABC Eltham (where Saintsbury's is now) in 1969!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loving all this congratulations to all , how many would you say were there today?
  • Options
    boggzy said:

What a bloody brilliant day. Hi from Sint Truiden!

Is that a half @boggzy lol
  • Options

boggzy said:

What a bloody brilliant day. Hi from Sint Truiden!

Is that a half @boggzy lol
    Only Roland sizes available here mate!
  • Options
    Absolutely brilliant. Well done everyone. This is just what we need and what we should continue to do until he's out of our club.

An absolute brilliant showing. All who went should be proud of what they've done today.
  • Options

Why did police want Roland flag removed? Was it defamatory? Obscene?

I suspect it was merely because it was concealing some sponsors' advertising hoardings, nothing more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The colours... the sounds... the smiles... and the buzz... we were off.... along the streets of sleepy abandoned feeling st Truiden....

Singing our hearts out

Organised chaos

Good spirits

All within limits

Police all good

Songs, banners, leaflets to locals, a rat, a donkey, the Roland balloon,

High vis vests, police on bikes, Scottish stewards and Belgian comrades bringing up the rear

Streets and streets..... then dusk through a carpark... keeping the songs going over a quiet bridge... and then into our terminus atbthe baracadea in front of the stadium and the kanarie bar.....

No anti climax... no aggro... just more smiles and good humour and groups going their own ways: to the match, to a bar and back to the bus.... others just into the night

I hit a bar before the bus and got an insight into why Katrien thought english supporters might enjoy some pre match techno....

STVV fans (the ones I met at the bar) were supportive.... but don't seem to believe that they could have any impact by doing something similar

And that underlines it to me

That Roland bought the wrong club

He might get away with his nonsense elsewhere.... but not at Charlton... not at a club that has been hauled back from the brink by supporters before.....

We are Charlton Athletic, Roland.... and we're coming for you.

---------

Too tired to edit or tidy up. Just gonna hit send. Sorry for messiness. I just wanted to get this out with the Italian job on in the background and the Euro tunnel about an hour ahead

It's a 2.15 exit from the bus at Ebbsfleet for me... then a 2+ hour drive home to Norwich. A long old day, but one I don't regret..... and one I certainly won't forget

Charlton til I die

Safe Journey.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I'm going out with friends for a few beers and a curry tonight then am on the 6.57am from St Pancras.
    I fully expect to wake up every half an hour tonight having dreamt that I've slept through the alarm.

I'm pretty much guaranteed to have a bad night's sleep before an early alarm. I'm sorry to hear I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Have created a seperate thread (post match thread if you like) which I'd be really grateful if those there could add their accounts of the trip to, whether on the coach or trains back, or over the next few days

Thanks all

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/77087/unity-protest-4th-march-accounts-from-those-there/p1
  • Options
    Keep this one for general chit chat, press reports etc though
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Great to meet some Lifers today. Knackering but great day.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

New PB for standing in hall saying 'Passport, phone, money, tickets' over and over again, but finally on the way.

If I was going to Sint Truiden, I wouldn't start from there.