Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northampton v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

He's not actually blaming himself, more intimating that he is being a 'manager' and shielding those that are really to blame.

Totally this.

He started off saying blame me. Then states he is a shield of an injured squad. 'I've tried every formation' blah blah blah.

Another manager who will fall by the wayside and end up going nowhere.

You have been found out Karl.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

This is wants happens when you slag of the players in public after Tuesday night. The heads go if you piss them off. Strange that Jackson was dropped after Tuesday night. I wonder why

An even first half with for the first time under his stewardship a solid 4-4-2. 2-1 down, no idea from the players, no idea from the Liverpudlian.

Fight in the away end before half time and amazed it did not go off more afterwards. Plenty of anti chants against the Belgiams today with flags on show.

Three home games on the spin now. Regardless of what happens in Belgium this weekend, lets protest again at home again.

I shudder to think what the attendance will be by the time we get to the third game! Presumably just Seb and a couple of others!
  • Options
    no point in writing anything until Robinson goes .. at present every game is a deja vu nightmare
  • Options
    A
  • Options
    Derdoodahdoodah... Lah!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get that gurning comedian out.
  • Options
    So, not the fans fault then.

What is the culture he wants to change? KM? Roly? Good luck with that...
  • Options
    Dey do dat don't they don't dey do , more fooking bollocks, he's been found out, lost the dressing room and should go, take RD & KM with you!
  • Options
    Is it Riga time yet?
  • Options
    As back as Tuesday was, this was worse. No fight in this team, no leadership in the team or on the touchline or in the boardroom.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    So tuesday he couldn't wait to get the deadwood out (although he also said that he had done that in January) but today the lads had responded well to little bits of criticism on tuesday. So deadwood is now just a little bit of criticism is it gobby ? Unique !
    Methinks you better choose your words a little more carefully
  • Options
    To quite the late, great Bill Paxton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHzov33tgfg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm amazed that people are still posting on here that if we replaced Robinson, things would improve. Bring back Curbs, make Jacko manager, bring back Nugent.

The evidence of the last 3 years shows that it doesn't matter who the manager is, the whole Charlton "project" is doomed to failure because Duchatelet's experiment just doesn't work. He is damned out of his own mouth (what happens on the pitch is not important, people can just enjoy a dance after the game) and we can see him for exactly what he is when you look at what he has done at Sint Truiden. There, he was able to exploit the sale and redevelopment of the ground (so the football team became ancillary to his money making ventures that were attached to it) while with Charlton, the football team is ancillary to his "player farm" idea.

I would imagine it is odds-on that Congo Chris will be getting the gig shortly - given he is already at the club and no doubt exerting some influence, it is hard to see an upturn should that come to pass. Even if he is appointed before the end of the season, we are spiralling downwards at such a rate, I'm not sure it can be arrested. So we go down, and Congo would get his P45 at the end of the season. That sets us up for manager number 10 to come in in the summer, and "we go again".....

Whatever the mistakes are that they think they have learned from, they haven't, because until the team is sufficiently resourced with enough players of the right quality and until such time that interference from a know-nothing owner and his laptop lap dog ceases, evidence shows it will not get any better..

The longer we endure RD and KM, the further we still have to fall.

I agree with all that but at the same time, this bloke needs to go now.
  • Options
    Performance was pathetic.

Relegation is a possibility. Not going to another game this season they will have to find motivation in front of an empty crowd
  • Options

What a depressing afternoon. Bauer weak in the air for the first one, while he second was another of those gifts we have become good at recently. The last 25 minutes were then awful...

Really toxic atmosphere at the end...

Absolutely Bauer weak in the air for the first one.

As for the 'fans' behind the goal who then proceeded to give Rudd dogs abuse after it went in - p*** off!! I know you all lack any modicum of intelligence but you should be 'ashamed' (look it up) of yourselves for treating Rudd like that!! He had no bloody chance of getting what was a great header.

The intellectually challenged really were out in force today! What is it about an away game that attracts them?? Spotty teenage kids in their mock designer crap, backed up by 50 year old plus has beens clinging on to some sort of relic of their self imposed rebellious past.

Yes, have a chant against this stroker of an owner and his dolly bird but have a look at yourselves when you're let out to play. You really are an embarrassment.
    Yes, I'm starting to really dislike going to "local" away games

The constant chants of cu**s, calling female stewards slags or sluts, all the standing on the staircases etc
  • Options
    edited March 2017

What a depressing afternoon. Bauer weak in the air for the first one, while he second was another of those gifts we have become good at recently. The last 25 minutes were then awful...

Really toxic atmosphere at the end...

Absolutely Bauer weak in the air for the first one.

As for the 'fans' behind the goal who then proceeded to give Rudd dogs abuse after it went in - p*** off!! I know you all lack any modicum of intelligence but you should be 'ashamed' (look it up) of yourselves for treating Rudd like that!! He had no bloody chance of getting what was a great header.

The intellectually challenged really were out in force today! What is it about an away game that attracts them?? Spotty teenage kids in their mock designer crap, backed up by 50 year old plus has beens clinging on to some sort of relic of their self imposed rebellious past.

Yes, have a chant against this stroker of an owner and his dolly bird but have a look at yourselves when you're let out to play. You really are an embarrassment.
    Yes, I'm starting to really dislike going to "local" away games

The constant chants of cu**s, calling female stewards slags or sluts, all the standing on the staircases etc
    The local away games do bring out the worst side of our support. I would normally say it's great to see some youngsters following Charlton but I do wish that they would take off their baseball caps and stop thinking the world is against them. Yes you support a shit team but for Christ's sake lighten up and stop looking like you want to fight the world. Where have they all come from and why do they want to support Charlton? Why would anyone want to support Charlton?

And the treatment of Rudd was ridiculous-just watched the goal back and it was a great header; he had no chance at all.