Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• colthe3rd said:

Huskaris said:

Mayweather to KO or TKO rounds 1-4 boosted to 6/1 on sky bet currently.

When did he last KO someone?
    *Reserved for post fight photo*
  • colthe3rd said:

Huskaris said:

When the opponent had never competitively boxed in his life and had about 2 weeks training?
    Probably quite some time ago.
    Reckon it was quick though.
  • I'd love to see FM spark him out but my fear is for a dull 10-12 round shut out after a couple of frenetic opening rounds.

Flood has never been that bothered about giving the fans any excitement if it means opening up or taking unnecessary risks.

I know he's all about the money - but I think the 50-0 and his legacy will make him fight well within his comfort/safety zone.
  • Paddy Power have paid out on Floyd.
    Cheap publicity for them.

80% of the bets they've taken have been on Conor
  • colthe3rd said:

Huskaris said:

When the opponent had never competitively boxed in his life and had about 2 weeks training?
    Probably quite some time ago.
    Reckon it was quick though.
    Nice response. Doesn't really answer my question though does it?
  • colthe3rd said:

Huskaris said:

Probably one of his ex-wives - worth remembering he is a convicted wife beater.
  • I'd love to see FM spark him out but my fear is for a dull 10-12 round shut out after a couple of frenetic opening rounds.

Flood has never been that bothered about giving the fans any excitement if it means opening up or taking unnecessary risks.

I know he's all about the money - but I think the 50-0 and his legacy will make him fight well within his comfort/safety zone.

Why would you "love to see FM spark him out"?
  • Paddy Power have paid out on Floyd.
    Cheap publicity for them.

80% of the bets they've taken have been on Conor

Told you it wouldn't be worth betting on Conor as the Paddies would back him reducing the odds. Serious money to be lost in Vegas!
  • colthe3rd said:

I'd love to see FM spark him out but my fear is for a dull 10-12 round shut out after a couple of frenetic opening rounds.

Cos the blokes a clown for even attempting this fight, it's disrespectful to actual boxers, sometimes, some people just need to get knocked TFO.
    A clown for taking the biggest payday of his career? We'd all do the same and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

I never understand this disrespectful argument. Whatever the outcome is this going to harm boxing? Highly unlikely. Would Mayweather have come out of retirement for any other fighter? Again at this point highly unlikely. So just who is being disrespected? The sport has already done that to itself over the years, a fight between a retired boxed and a non boxer is hardly going to make a difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

I'd love to see FM spark him out but my fear is for a dull 10-12 round shut out after a couple of frenetic opening rounds.

Cos the blokes a clown for even attempting this fight, it's disrespectful to actual boxers, sometimes, some people just need to get knocked TFO.
    A clown for taking the biggest payday of his career? We'd all do the same and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

I never understand this disrespectful argument. Whatever the outcome is this going to harm boxing? Highly unlikely. Would Mayweather have come out of retirement for any other fighter? Again at this point highly unlikely. So just who is being disrespected? The sport has already done that to itself over the years, a fight between a retired boxed and a non boxer is hardly going to make a difference.
    Of course Mayweather would have fought again because:
    1) He can, he's in good shape and shows little damage from 49 professional fights
    2) He's pretty good at it and probably enjoys it
    3) Apparently needs the money.

McGregor is the easiest big name opponent he could face. As for McGregor not being disrespectful (lolz!) look at some of the things he's said about boxing being a half fight. I've avoided most of this build up, but some of the comments he's made in UFC have been extremely disrespectful. If he was to win (lolz times a million) can you not see how bad that would be for boxing? Would be incredible for MMA which would be scene as a far bigger sport. Regardless of age Mayweather is one of the all time greats and has rarely looked troubled against all of the big names.

The most annoying thing about McGregor is how his tongue cashes him the most money and not his ability, although that's not his fault but the fan's.
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Of course Mayweather would have fought again because:
    1) He can, he's in good shape and shows little damage from 49 professional fights
    2) He's pretty good at it and probably enjoys it
    3) Apparently needs the money.

McGregor is the easiest big name opponent he could face. As for McGregor not being disrespectful (lolz!) look at some of the things he's said about boxing being a half fight. I've avoided most of this build up, but some of the comments he's made in UFC have been extremely disrespectful. If he was to win (lolz times a million) can you not see how bad that would be for boxing? Would be incredible for MMA which would be scene as a far bigger sport. Regardless of age Mayweather is one of the all time greats and has rarely looked troubled against all of the big names.

The most annoying thing about McGregor is how his tongue cashes him the most money and not his ability, although that's not his fault but the fan's.
    I did say at this point Mayweather wouldn't take another fight. And yes I fully agree that he sees it as the easiest big fight he could take.

If McGregor does win, boxing fans will write it off as beating a 40 year old who hasn't fought in a couple of years, just as MMA fans will write it off if he loses.

As for his comments, well like you said he is trying to sell a fight. We all know fighters talk bollocks in a build up. Doesn't excuse the nonsense but I'd be surprised if he actually believed any of it. However, you could also label the same comments of Mayweather and much of the Boxing press as being disrespectful to MMA, there have been some shocking articles written in the last couple of months.
  • Looks like we all agree that the whole thing is a farce and both sports would be better off sticking to their own council.

I won't be watching either way.....
  • colthe3rd said:

Huskaris said:

I dunno I don't watch boxing.

Does anyone know how to get skybet to refund pending bets? ;-)
  • colthe3rd said:

Huskaris said:

Victor Ortiz in 2011 for last K.O
    Ricky Hatton in 2007 for last TKO

Hatton however could take a punch (well back then anyway!)
    Ortiz I know nothing about, but he does have a cool name.
  • Ortiz is an anomaly.
    He head butted Mayweather, ref broke them and took point for Ortiz, ref said box on Ortiz went for a touch of gloves more like a hug, Mayweather hit a combo.
  • To be fair Mayweather is the type of guy who takes an easy night over an early night all day long.
    He'd much rather stay in first gear and win over 12 than go for a knockout so his ko stats are to be taken with a pinch of salt imo.
  • If McGregor wins there isn't one boxing fan that would say that but when he loses there will be no joy in the way Floyd wins

this is a fight that should never have happened it's not real the press conferences haven't been real the whole thing is a sham it's s circus

Cleverly vs jack is a real fight

Unfortunately Badou wins that, hands down
  • Eubank Groves, presuming all goes to plan, is the one I can't wait for
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

If McGregor wins there isn't one boxing fan that would say that but when he loses there will be no joy in the way Floyd wins

this is a fight that should never have happened it's not real the press conferences haven't been real the whole thing is a sham it's s circus

Cleverly vs jack is a real fight

Unfortunately Badou wins that, hands down
    Yep but cleverly is game and will try and stop the punches with his swede will be a great fight

• I think Eubank will fail to win the first fight
  • The WBC money belt. Jesus wept bring on UFC 215 and Alvarez v GGG.

I think Jack stops Cleverly BTW
  • buckshee said:
    And people still think this is real it's just the final nail in coffin of shame
  • Mortgage your house and stick it on Mayweather.

The fact that Mayweather is less than 1/50 is a joke and easy money to be made.
  • colthe3rd said:

Pretty sure you wouldn't turn down a reported $100m to dance around a boxing ring for 36 minutes.
  • colthe3rd said:

Pretty sure you wouldn't turn down a reported $100m to dance around a boxing ring for 36 minutes.
    It been reported that McG is getting $100 million and Mayweather is getting $350 million.
  • colthe3rd said:

It been reported that McG is getting $100 million and Mayweather is getting $350 million.
    McGregor has said it's over $100m. I'd imagine that's just the ppv numbers. You then have to add in all his own personal endorsements.
  • This is truly the boxing equivalent of the FL cup draw being in China.