Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• Turning into WWE with that ridiculous belt..
  • Was that way once Dana white got his wish and the fight was sanctioned

• Love that 7k tickets remain unsold, a clear message to the promoters.

Indeed - If its in the usual MGM boxing location - I think it only holds 17k.

60% capacity will look bad on tv. It wouldn't surprise me if they start dishing the freebies out on the night.

60% capacity will look bad on tv. It wouldn't surprise me if they start dishing the freebies out on the night.
    Promoters greed has stabbed them here, loads of people who would usually travel for a Mayweather fight won't have bothered, flights and accommodation have all been jacked up when the date and venue was announced. Add to that the cost of a seat for what I promise will be a shambles of a performance from a novice boxer fighting the best defensive pugilist ever.

After 3 rounds everyone will be thinking 'is this is'

• Think McGregor will be explosive from the off and that could cause Mayweather some problems. However Mayweather always seems the get a bit of 'help' from the refs in the first 3 rounds of any fight he has against a fighter that comes out guns blazing.
    He did against Hatton.

After that he can just resume his normal routine.

It's at the T Mobile Arena, which is 20k. It's not a surprise it hasn't sold out, the prices they are charging are crazy. I'd imagine the cheapest seats have gone and it's mainly the floor seats etc that are left. Also wouldn't surprise me if they ended up just giving loads away to fill it.
  • This will be Peter McNeely against Tyson, except one will be worse than Peter McNeely, and the other will be less exciting than Tyson. Ok, so not similar except both fights will be farcical
  • McBobbin said:

This will be Peter McNeely against Tyson, except one will be worse than Peter McNeely, and the other will be less exciting than Tyson. Ok, so not similar except both fights will be farcical

Or like this...

https://youtu.be/e1_uCeBCYtU
  • Wow that really makes you realise just how ridiculously big Wrestlers are... A roided up beast Stallone is dwarfed by Hogan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Wow that really makes you realise just how ridiculously big Wrestlers are... A roided up beast Stallone is dwarfed by Hogan!

Haha. I remember watching that at Well Hall Odeon as a kid and not having any idea who 'Thunderlips' was.

Those were the days......King Cone and Westlers hot dogs advertisements.......trying to summon the energy required to build up to the escape velocity required to get yourself away from the ridiculously sticky carpet.

I really hope they lose a lot of money.

• Dazzler21 said:

Wow that really makes you realise just how ridiculously big Wrestlers are... A roided up beast Stallone is dwarfed by Hogan!

Though Stallone isn't very tall (5'9" or so I think)

• edited August 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Hogan has actually lost about 4 inches of height (he's 6'4 now) since that film due to surgeries and a lot of muscle mass since giving up the steroids, brother.

If you think that's ridiculous, some on here think Mayweather will lose! :astonished:
  • McBobbin said:

This is truly the boxing equivalent of the FL cup draw being in China.

The difference is that it's captured everyone's attention, so many non fight fans are talking about it, boxing is at the fore again, when was the last time the general public really got talking about a boxing match months before it happened?
    Also I understand that its upped UFC's profile and so more kids are walking into MMA (I hate that term) gyms.
  • Greenie said:

McBobbin said:

The difference is that it's captured everyone's attention, so many non fight fans are talking about it, boxing is at the fore again, when was the last time the general public really got talking about a boxing match months before it happened?
    Also I understand that its upped UFC's profile and so more kids are walking into MMA (I hate that term) gyms.
    Why do you hate the term MMA gyms?

Really captured the imagination this one, 7k empty seats!
  • McGregor has a punchers chance, that's it.

I like him but Mayweathers 49-0 doesn't come easily and he has beat some quality fighters, even if it is boring to some people but the job gets done!

Expect a long 12 rounds of Mayweather moving and counter punching his way to a win or McGregor puffing after 5 and being stopped.
  • Jints said:

Dazzler21 said:

Though Stallone isn't very tall (5'9" or so I think)

Perfect height if you ask me... :lol:
  • Will be interesting to see how Mayweather's 'brittle' hands handle being back in the 8oz gloves.

I hope he does win, McGregor hasn't ever been knocked out so IMO it'll be points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

McBobbin said:

I hate the term MMA, Mixed Martial Arts, its so far removed from Martial Arts its ridiculous.
    And wether you like it or not (7k most expensive seats unsold, nice straw clutch) it has captured the General Publics attention, they even had a piece on it on BBC Brekkie this morning, and its generated massive PPV income. Its one of the biggest/richest fight ever, the boxing world is a bit worried, and I love boxing.

Greenie said:

McBobbin said:

Diane Abbot and Nigel Farage holding hands and skipping naked down Brighton sea front chanting "We are the Mods!"would capture everyone's attention...doesn't mean it would be a good thing for humanity.

Canelo v GGG probably one of the most epic pairings of recent years coming up and been entirely eclipsed by this circus of making 2 very talented, yet utterly classless, money-obsessed individuals even richer but doing very little to enhance the already tarnished integrity of one of the greatest sports in the world.
    The general public would not have a scooby who Triple G is/was. This fight is the most anticipated since probably Tyson/Bruno 1. Thats the reality wether we like it or not. Now all us fight fans know its a circus, and fear it will be a farce, I hope it isn't, I hope McGregor smashes the wife beater, he wont, but as an Englishman I do love an under dog.....AND the fight world has dug this hole and it remains to be seen how it will effect boxing if the Paddy wins. And if he loses but puts up a good fight, just watch Paulie Malignnagi line up a fight against McGregor.
  • edited August 2017
    Greenie said:

I hate the term MMA, Mixed Martial Arts, its so far removed from Martial Arts its ridiculous.
    And wether you like it or not (7k most expensive seats unsold, nice straw clutch) it has captured the General Publics attention, they even had a piece on it on BBC Brekkie this morning, and its generated massive PPV income. Its one of the biggest/richest fight ever, the boxing world is a bit worried, and I love boxing.

How is it so far removed?

And it wasn't a straw clutch btw.
  • edited August 2017
    colthe3rd said:

Greenie said:

Because Martial Arts means the 'art of war' and as soon as you put rules in place it does not become a Martial Art.
    A Martial Art is not a sport.
    Also and perhaps more pertinent 'Martial Art' is not about fighting, dogs fight. It is a way of life, a dedicated lifestyle choice and training the mind is perhaps more important for a traditional Martial Artist, than just smashing the life out of something. I could go on, but will just say that its a Combat Sport, thats all.

Also you have two usernames.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

McBobbin said:

Greenie said:

McBobbin said:

Diane Abbot and Nigel Farage holding hands and skipping naked down Brighton sea front chanting "We are the Mods!"would capture everyone's attention...doesn't mean it would be a good thing for humanity.

Canelo v GGG probably one of the most epic pairings of recent years coming up and been entirely eclipsed by this circus of making 2 very talented, yet utterly classless, money-obsessed individuals even richer but doing very little to enhance the already tarnished integrity of one of the greatest sports in the world.
    The general public would not have a scooby who Triple G is/was. This fight is the most anticipated since probably Tyson/Bruno 1. Thats the reality wether we like it or not. Now all us fight fans know its a circus, and fear it will be a farce, I hope it isn't, I hope McGregor smashes the wife beater, he wont, but as an Englishman I do love an under dog.....AND the fight world has dug this hole and it remains to be seen how it will effect boxing if the Paddy wins. And if he loses but puts up a good fight, just watch Paulie Malignnagi line up a fight against McGregor.
    In this country any Hatton fight was bigger than this one.

Antony Joshua v Klitschko yet again was a bigger fight in country.

It'll be interesting to see if this fight breaks 2 million ppv. It won't touch Mayweather v Pacquiao that's for sure.
  • The 2 biggest disgraces about this entire farce is the fact that one of the biggest fights of the last 10 years is barely getting a mention by the mainstream in GGG vs Alvarez, together with the fact that it looks to be inspiring more of these joke fights with Joshua and Bellew looking to cash in
  • GGG is going to to whoop Alvarez's arse
  • Mayweather has spent 20 odd years avoiding being hit, very successfully. I'm sure Mcgregor is an animal and a powerful fighter but he's on Mayweather's patch, boxing by rules he's not familiar with. So long as Mayweather hasn't gone mad and is something like 75% fit, he'll decide how and when the fight ends. He'll be able to stay out of range or covered up from Mcgregor's frenetic and uncultured assault for as long as he likes, when McGregor's energy begins to wane Mayweather will be able to pick him off at leisure. If the bout lasts into the 5th round it'll be because Mayweather is washed up or not trying. A couple of rounds of Mayweather sparring at Mcgregor's undefended face and head will see the Irishman either spark out or battered beyond the point he can see to defend himself at all. If Mcgregor prefers the prospect of £60M+ earnings over the likelihood of brain damage who are we to care one way or the other? As for the wilfully deluded who have already parted with their hard earned to pay to watch this medieval freak show, fools and their money..? I fear Mcgregor will be very fortunate to avoid serious injury.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

McBobbin said:

Greenie said:

McBobbin said:

In this country any Hatton fight was bigger than this one.

Antony Joshua v Klitschko yet again was a bigger fight in country.

It'll be interesting to see if this fight breaks 2 million ppv. It won't touch Mayweather v Pacquiao that's for sure.
    BUT its not about our little country is it? The US are going mental for this one, I'll give you Mayweather v Pacquiao though, but I dont think PPV will be far off, also what was the overall purse for Mayweather v Pacquiao?
  • colthe3rd said:

Greenie said:

Beat me to it! It's called MMA because funny enough it's a mix of different martial arts.

GGG V Alvarez has sold out btw and I'm pretty sure the seats prices for this circus show are similar to the sold out Mayweather V Pacquiao fight.