Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mayweather vs McGregor

Comments

• This would be a closer contest.image
  • Big_Bob said:

Imagine the surprise of McGregor's fans when the fighter of 0 wins from 0 fights and 3 losses from 24 MMA fights, gets outboxed by a boxer who is unbeaten from 49 fights.

No surprise but thinking a boxers record isn't padded out to protect that 0 is naive and exactly what promoters have been desperate for years.
  • colthe3rd said:

Big_Bob said:

Imagine the surprise of McGregor's fans when the fighter of 0 wins from 0 fights and 3 losses from 24 MMA fights, gets outboxed by a boxer who is unbeaten from 49 fights.

No surprise but thinking a boxers record isn't padded out to protect that 0 is naive and exactly what promoters have been desperate for years.
    How many hall of fame boxer are included in the 0? I think a lot of McGregor fans don't realise just how good Floyd is.
  • Carl Frampton is showing the weigh in on periscope if anyone is interested
  • Easier to watch on showtime sports YouTube page
  • How much Paddy Power pay Floyd to wear the briefs?
  • colthe3rd said:

Big_Bob said:

How many hall of fame boxer are included in the 0? I think a lot of McGregor fans don't realise just how good Floyd is.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand and respect how good Floyd is/was. However, anyone using a record of numbers to compare boxers let alone boxers and MMAs is at best naive.
  • Question;

McGregor was successfully under weight tonight, how comes he is allowed to ballon up to 170lb for the fight?
  • iamdan said:

Question;

McGregor was successfully under weight tonight, how comes he is allowed to ballon up to 170lb for the fight?

Part of the joke that is weigh ins in both boxing and MMA. I know in the UFC they have taken a small step to stop fighters seriously harming their health by changing the weigh in rules but essentially you can dehydrate yourself and fight at the weight you weigh in at (see McGregor at featherweight). A lot of people want a lot safer method of fighters in divisions at their walk around weights but in reality it's a lot harder to implement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is McGregor allowed to fight as per MMA rules or can he only box? If he latter, he hasn't got a chance.
  • Is McGregor allowed to fight as per MMA rules or can he only box? If he latter, he hasn't got a chance.

Just boxing. No way would Mayweather agree otherwise. Luckily for him McGregor is dumb enough to agree to it.

McGregor will lose 90% of his purse if he gets disqualified for using MMA.
  • If he throws any sort of kick or MMA move then he loses 90% of his purse!

Just boxing. No way would Mayweather agree otherwise. Luckily for him McGregor is dumb enough to agree to it.
    I wish i was so dumb that my choices earn me 200 million in half hour !
  • Posting without reading. Don't know anything about the respective merits of either of the combatants. But saw the news hype this morning. That Irish bloke is the definition of a complete and utter tosser isn't he. Didn't anyone teach him to chew with his mouth closed? And those aren't his own teeth are they?
  • Sick to death of all the hype between these two bellends.
  • Absolute joke fight. I can't believe people are actually lapping this up. The guy has barely been hit in 49 fights & he's fighting a guy who's never had a professional fight!!
  • I think 99% of us think Floyd will win, but wjo do people want to win?

Both pretty unlikeable imho so I think I want Floyd to win it so easily that it proves these type of fights are stupid.
  • Hope Mayweather knocks him out inside 1 minute so it shows this up for the farce it is. McGregor might be good box office but he is a prize helmet.
  • Sponsored links:

AKFA verses Elfsborg
    @ElfsborgAddick which one are you?
  • please tell me no one on here is forking out a score to watch this live at half four in the morning?
  • please tell me no one on here is forking out a score to watch this live at half four in the morning?

Errr.... me!
    (and many others I bet)

Besides, there is a proper boxing match on the undercard worth paying for - Jack/Cleverley.
  • Sick to death of all the hype between these two bellends.

The hype surrounding mine and ibborg's battle to become the ultimate moderator is fully justified and we are not bellends.

Crab sticks at dawn

AKFA verses Elfsborg
    @ElfsborgAddick which one are you?
    I'll go with McGregor, a body double.
  • edited August 2017
    bobmunro said:

please tell me no one on here is forking out a score to watch this live at half four in the morning?

Errr.... me!
    (and many others I bet)

Besides, there is a proper boxing match on the undercard worth paying for - Jack/Cleverley.
    fair enough but I was just hoping this circus fight would fall flat on its face with little interest though the hype shows otherwise

cant stand the amount of greed rearing its ugly head with these two and all the hangers on. including sky.
  • Who do I want to win?

Mayweather. McGregor is a one of the most classless people in sport and his fans are amongst the most acquiescent I've seen. Not giving Aldo a rematch is ridiculous and his influence in MMA is dangerous. He has become bigger than the UFC due to his mouth and not his ability. He has never defended a title in his career and as the famous saying goes "you're not a true champion until you've defended" Hasim Rahman and Buster Douglas are good examples. The reason he doesn't defend is because it's bad for business, he won't beat Aldo in 13 seconds again. This isn't the mindset of a sportsman/fighter, I'm not surprised that he's upset Malignaggi, a pro who was trying to help him. Mayweather is hardly a saint, I don't know about his wife beating allegations but he conducts himself in a far more professional manner and is humble in victory. He was fought people at the ideal time but still at a time when they were a threat in terms of boxing he is one of the best yet which fighter is the most arrogant going into this?
  • Who do I want to win?

Mayweather. McGregor is a one of the most classless people in sport and his fans are amongst the most acquiescent I've seen. Not giving Aldo a rematch is ridiculous and his influence in MMA is dangerous. He has become bigger than the UFC due to his mouth and not his ability. He has never defended a title in his career and as the famous saying goes "you're not a true champion until you've defended" Hasim Rahman and Buster Douglas are good examples. The reason he doesn't defend is because it's bad for business, he won't beat Aldo in 13 seconds again. This isn't the mindset of a sportsman/fighter, I'm not surprised that he's upset Malignaggi, a pro who was trying to help him. Mayweather is hardly a saint, I don't know about his wife beating allegations but he conducts himself in a far more professional manner and is humble in victory. He was fought people at the ideal time but still at a time when they were a threat in terms of boxing he is one of the best yet which fighter is the most arrogant going into this?

Maliganaggi was brought in to be beaten up for something he said about conor a few years ago... otherwise you spar with someone thats in shape
  • bobmunro said:

please tell me no one on here is forking out a score to watch this live at half four in the morning?

Errr.... me!
    (and many others I bet)

Me too, more for the reason I don't have many opportunities to do an all nighter these days but the Cleverly v Jack fight is one I'm looking forward to. Besides anything else it's something I'd like to say I watched even if I know damn well what's going to happen