Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP PC KEITH PALMER

Comments

• Options
    My heartfelt condolences to Keith's family and friends. I hope that a suitable tribute can be arranged by the club on 4 April and am sure that the fans,from both sides,will show their respect and appreciation to this man's memory.
    I sit in row CC,albeit some 70 seats from the seat he occupied,and I hope we all in that area remember his name for a long time.
  • Options
    "And maybe remind the few, if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stands between the monsters and the weak."

RIP fellow Addick and colleague.
  • Options
    Incredible bravery to tackle someone in a situation like that and a dreadful thing to happen to anyone, but it makes it worse knowing it was someone I had something in common with, sharing the same emotional highs and lows over the years.
    Condolences to family and friends. RIP PC Palmer
  • Options
    A real hero. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Hero.
  • Options
    Yes, he did pay the ultimate price and so irreversible.

RIP Keith, fellow Addick.
  • Options
    On that excellent photo of the police car with the Charlton flag, what is the significance of the number 933 on the flag?
  • Options
    Was his shoulder number
  • Options

Was his shoulder number

But this is why I asked. A BBC report gives it as 4157U (and says the Met will not reassign it)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rather than make the seat a shrine, maybe it could be given to his family to use whenever they choose. Maybe a message on it like a Hero sat here or similar.
  • Options

RIP PC Palmer - the ultimate sacrifice

Perhaps the Memorial Garden at The Valley would in due course be an appropriate place for a more permanent tribute to a true hero.
  • Options
    I believe the "933" represents the number of police number officers who have lost their life on duty?
  • Options
    RIP to PC Keith Palmer. Died a hero.
  • Options
    For those with Facebook accounts, I think a nice gesture would be to change you profile picture to that of the Charlton scarf draped over his seat in his memory
  • Options
    Pc Keith Palmer a HERO...!!!,you unselfishly gave up your right to live to save no doubt countless others...that you were one of our own does bring it closer to home...Never forgotten,RIP

Also RIP to all the other victims who died too...our thoughts go out to you & your families also...
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

For those with Facebook accounts, I think a nice gesture would be to change you profile picture to that of the Charlton scarf draped over his seat in his memory

I am going to use that police photo as my lockscreen (and maybe the avatar here) and show it to local people, because I find it eloquent in several ways, but they will ask me about "933", so if anyone has the definitive answer it would be great to know.

@AFKABartram where did you find the photo ?

• Options
    933 was his shoulder number at the Palace of Westminster I am led to believe.
    The other number relates to a previous role he held. It's possible his previous unit have decided to retire that number also as a mark of respect.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I added the thin blue line to the picture Charlton put out.

I can't answer about the 933 shoulder number as I've also see that his number with the DPG was 4157U (although I thought U was for TSG, a previous unit of his) 933 could be a previous shoulder number from a different borough/OCU or could be the last 3 digits of his warrant number. I'm sure it'll be come clearer at some point
  • Options
    I hope the messages of support and the money raised do something to help his family through this awful time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

933 was his shoulder number apparently, hence the Police minutes silence at 9,33 am yesterday.

• Options
    RIP Keith, deepest condolences to Keith's family and friends.
  • Options
    Rip Keith and to all those who lost their lives.
  • Options
    I know the club are thinking of ways to pay tribute the next home game, but how about this:
    All proceeds from ticket sales (ie. ignore season tickets) for the match be donated to the family?

I know a lot of people are planning on going to pay tribute, so it's extra cash the club wouldn't have received under normal circumstances.
  • Options

933 was his shoulder number apparently, hence the Police minutes silence at 9,33 am yesterday.

I wondered why the minutes silence was at 9.33am as it had no bearing on the time of the incident the previous day.
  • Options
    Thanks for the information re 933.

I am sure that the knowledge he was one of us has affected you all as it has me. It feels like a personal loss. I am up for any effort to provide support and comfort for his family.
  • Options

933 was his shoulder number at the Palace of Westminster I am led to believe.
    The other number relates to a previous role he held. It's possible his previous unit have decided to retire that number also as a mark of respect.

9:33(am) is the symbolic time that parliament opens for business - is that just a sheer coincidence ?
  • Options

Multiple sources state it was at that time due to his badge number, as I posted earlier. Know nothing about symbolic Parliament opening time.