Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP PC KEITH PALMER

Comments

• Options
    Wow! Excellent from Andrew Neil, I applaud you sir!
  • Options

PC 933, so how about our tribute at 9 mins 33 secs into the game.
    RIP Keith.

that would get my vote
  • Options

_MrDick said:

For those with Facebook accounts, I think a nice gesture would be to change you profile picture to that of the Charlton scarf draped over his seat in his memory

I am going to use that police photo as my lockscreen (and maybe the avatar here) and show it to local people, because I find it eloquent in several ways, but they will ask me about "933", so if anyone has the definitive answer it would be great to know.

@AFKABartram where did you find the photo ?

_MrDick said:

For those with Facebook accounts, I think a nice gesture would be to change you profile picture to that of the Charlton scarf draped over his seat in his memory

I am going to use that police photo as my lockscreen (and maybe the avatar here) and show it to local people, because I find it eloquent in several ways, but they will ask me about "933", so if anyone has the definitive answer it would be great to know.

@AFKABartram where did you find the photo ?

Good idea. Done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Keith, a brave man, husband, father, and a protector of us all. Evil i'm afraid is never far away but you never shirked from your duty for this we can all be eternally thankful. God bless you brave man.
  • Options
    Thank you Keith, we are indebted to you and your colleagues. Some like you pay a high price in serving the public good.
  • Options

On that excellent photo of the police car with the Charlton flag, what is the significance of the number 933 on the flag?

This paragraph appeared in the Guardian report (full report on link below).

On Thursday MPs in Westminster observed a minute’s silence in commemoration of Palmer. The tribute occurred at 9.33am in honour of his shoulder number: 933. The Commons Speaker, John Bercow, later confirmed to MPs that books of condolence would be placed in the library of the house and also in Westminster Hall.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/23/mps-honour-the-memory-of-pc-keith-palmer
  • Options
    RIP Keith. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • Options
    RIP Keith. My thoughts are with you, your family, friends and colleagues. Those words of Andrew Neil really say it all...
  • Options
    I'm sure Keith was as distressed as me at the sad sight of our empty ground. What more fitting way to make a mark of respect than to fill the place. Get hold of your mates, those that have stayed away or lost interest. Let's do it in style
  • Options
    I, for one, will be breaking my boycott to honour PC Palmer. I hope the ground is packed out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm away on the 4th so I can't be there to take part in the tribute, but I'll raise a salute to him where ever I am at 9m33s after the kick-off.
  • Options
    Ultimatum said:

I don't know if this breaks forum rules etc ... but our federation has set up a just giving page for our fallen colleague, PC Palmer.

No officer deserves to go to work , put our uniform on and not come home to our families.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Keith-palmer

@Ultimatum if there's a bank a/c for this, can you PM or post on here the a/c details so I (and any others like me who won't or can't use crowdfunding sites) can pay directly?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Ultimatum said:

I don't know if this breaks forum rules etc ... but our federation has set up a just giving page for our fallen colleague, PC Palmer.

No officer deserves to go to work , put our uniform on and not come home to our families.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Keith-palmer

@Ultimatum if there's a bank a/c for this, can you PM or post on here the a/c details so I (and any others like me who won't or can't use crowdfunding sites) can pay directly?
    @AddicksAddict yes there is a bank account. This is from the Federations page direct

• Options
    RIP Keith. Does anyone know if there is a bucket collection next
    home game for his family?
  • Options
    Gonna break the boycott for this. Be amazing if the place was packed. Will try and get as many friends along. School holidays too, so kids can come.
  • Options
    RIP fellow addick.
  • Options
    R.I.P.
  • Options

Gonna break the boycott for this. Be amazing if the place was packed. Will try and get as many friends along. School holidays too, so kids can come.

Could also be an opportunity to let the wider public pay tribute to him. We've got a 27,000 capacity stadium and if we were to do a minute's applause, that would be an amazing thing.

This coupled with any tickets bought on match day going to his family's go fund me page and/or a charity of their choice.

Would take some co-ordinating, but why not.
  • Options
    RIP Keith