Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs MK Dons post match views

Comments

• Options
    I don't even know where to start with that. The should be ashamed of themselves. Not fit to wear the shirt, indeed.

Tried to figure out what formation we were trying to play, gave up in the end. Ridiculously narrow midfield left Da Silva totally exposed. The poor lad looked completely lost as a full back. Yet again, we gift the opposition total freedom to attack down our flanks. Does Robinson actually watch what is going on during a game? Is he too bored to watch the video after to figure out what the problems are? He is making the same mistakes over and over again.

Our only hope is that there are four other teams more desperately awful than Charlton.
  • Options

Gobshite has clearly lost the dressing room.
    Otherwise how can you explain that

How much does that reduce the price?
  • Options

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Oi
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Worst I've ever seen us play on the worst night to do it as well.

Fucking shambles.

We excel in fucking it up on nights like this. Football for a fiver, games on Tv, kids for a quid etc. we always seem to do our worst on those days.

I'll remember this evening For the decent tribute.

The covered end were right, You're not fit to wear the shirt.
  • Options
    NB

The tribute to Keith Palmer was very touching and it was great to see so many turn up for it and pay their respects. Made me remember what a great club we can be.

RIP KP
  • Options
    Worst performance I've ever seen at the Valley. How could the players play like that with no heart or passion in what should have been an emotional tribute to a grave man. If there's no takeover Swindon will be my last match can't face another year of this crap.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Don't think Solly did too well for both goals did he?

I didn't want to criticise him in my post as frankly I love that guy and he is the sort of person I want at the club. But he looked well off the pace tonight. I guess it could be the effect of all the injuries finally slowing him down but he looked far from the small right back bombing up and down that flank and more like a journeyed Pro treading water. I really hope that is an exception to what he is still able to do but it struck me as a metaphor for the night and of the club as a whole.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have fucking mk dons won more games against fucking Karl Nobinson than they did when he was their fucking manager this year? He really really is dogshit.
  • Options
    90% 13th-20th ........ 10% Relegation

Zzzzzzz
  • Options
    Bloke has stolen a living as charlton manager for too long. Get him out
  • Options
    Bloke has stolen a living as charlton manager for too long. Get him out
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Tutt-Tutt said:

If Robinson is a football coach then I'm Johann Cruyff. How does he have a job in professional football as a coach? Started with a 4-2-3-1, switched to a 4-4-2 Diamond, then back to 4-2-3-1. WTF. The players must be totally confused, especially the younger ones. Looking at tonight's shambles, most of them are mugging him off anyway.

Left five minutes from the end and could hear "You're not fit to wear the shirt" as clear as anything in Charlton Village! The whole ground must have been singing it at the end.

I was asking this myself tonight. How in Hades is he a football manager? Even as a manager of anything. Even as a manager of people. What a joke this club have become.
  • Options
    GRAY9 said:

Robinson left Mk Dons when they were 19th.
    16 points in 15 games.
    Since Robinson left MK Dons they are now 12th.
    38 points in the 26 games without him.

Before Robinson took charge of CAFC 11th.
    27 points in 19 games.
    Since Robinson took charge of CAFC 16th.
    20 points in 22 games.

Teams are better off without him.

That is incredible.
  • Options
    Absolute shyte. I've seen better organisation and skill displayed on Hackney Marshes. How can they consider themselves as professional footballers - their sole job is playing football and practice daily. How come they can't pass a ball to one of their own team players (excellent at passing to the opposition) as they can do it in the warm up. No tactical awareness from Mr Gobbie. Oh shit I could go on and on but I won't and end on a positive note.

Excellant from our fans singing: "PC Palmer, he's one of our own" and the stand up applaud that went around the ground. And of course, "Roland Out".

Charlton fans I salute you!
  • Options
    I am sick of watching us get slaughtered down the flanks, as it happens match after match, yet KR does nothing about it. It must be terrible being a FB, especially a kid like Dasilva, knowing that you'll have no cover at all

We have plenty of players to play a sort of 442. Tonight on the left we could have had Chicksen behind Dasilva with Solly behind Holmes, with Byrne and Botaka also available to change things.

I've no idea where JFC and Aribo were meant to be playing in the first half as neither contributed much going forward, but didn't provide much defensive cover either
  • Options
    I'd rather give my other half my credit card in Oxford Street than Knobinson reigns to even one transfer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

mogodon said:

A couple of Slade like draws are needed now but our current incumbent hasn't the tactical nous to recognise this, let alone implement it. Relegation fight is on now.

I am just astounded he somehow managed to get MK Dons promoted from this league. He seems utterly clueless as to what some of the basics of football involve.

Four of the remaining five games against sides beneath us should allow us to just about claw our way to safety, but I simply cannot see that this side - which will be the core of the 2017-18 squad - can lift us out of this division.
    I suspect the answer to how he got Milton Keynes promoted is Alli & Afobe.
    And Grigg.

And they all stayed fit all season.

Pretty sure with that front 3 I could get us promoted from league 1.
  • Options
    Just got in after a long journey home.

If that fat **** Jimmy Tarbuck is still the manager in the morning then I think we can safely say Douchbag must want to get his own back on us by allowing Robinson to relegate us.

• Options
    Posting without reading.

We gathered to pay a tribute to one of our own, PC Keith Palmer, which was impeccably observed by all present.

One hoped that in their turn the players would then put on a performance to be proud of as their own tribute. Sadly we were 'treated' to a gutless, spiritless performance from the Charlton players. I exempt Ricky Holmes from that broad brush and, to a lesser extent, Pearce and Solly as it is unrealistic after a lengthy lay off to expect them to hit the pitch sprinting.

The rest though were a disgrace and, although I didn't join in myself, the choruses of 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' at the end were understandable. I hope they feel some semblance of shame and desire to make amends next time out.

The performance was so dire that we were reminiscing about old Charlton teams and picking our own all time X1s to the extent that I completely missed the MK Dons second goal!

A sad performance which was one of the worst of a poor season but not that surprising all things considered which PC Palmer, as a longterm fan, would have known all too well.
  • Options

Watching that video, he knows he doesn't have a clue how to turn things round.
    And it's obvious that the players also know that he doesn't.

• Options
    Club should be so embarrassed with this latest shambles of a show...,they ought to be giving half the ticket mons as organised to Pc Keith Palmer's family,then donate the other half to the families of the other victims of that days atrocities...!!