Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs MK Dons post match views

Comments

• Options

A pitiful display.

MK hardly had to get into third gear to beat us.

Only a few players came out of that with any credit but none did well.

I'll pick out Jake Foster-Caskey and Tony Watt as the worst wastes of space.

Can't remember last time "you're not fit to wear the shirt" was sung at the Valley". It saddens me but you can't argue against it.

Tarbuck booed off and rightly so but won't be sacked. He's willing to have O'Loughlin in his coaching set up and he is the flak catcher for Meire so he stays.

Where did you sit Henry? I assumed you'd be in your 'old' usual seats.
    Henry's been known to venture. I've even spotted him in the north upper this season!
  • Options

Sack the most unsuccessful manager in our history tonight and beg Kenny Jackett to take control in the morning.

Or Kenny Everett
  • Options
    So that display was in honour of PC Palmer and his sacrifice? The absence of motivation was mind boggling. Gobinson and his team are a total disgrace.
  • Options
    I'm out in Asia out at the moment. I don't know why I read all six pages. Scarcely, a positive comment to be found. There only needs to be a major bust up in the dressing room, if there hasn't already been one, and this lot will be down. Those who were grateful in August that League One was weak this year, so a return to the Championship was possible, will now be grateful that it gives us a decent change of staying up. What a shambles.
  • Options

Gumbo said:

Robinson is tactically inept, players out of position and formation that doesn't work.

And to the spotty little prick in a pink stone island jumper standing at the back of the north upper giving it billy big bollox trying to have an argument with a bloke in the next bloke, do fuck off. You were scared of the stewards at half time because you were smoking

we realy have sunk to an all time low someone in our lot wearing stone island and probably fake
    Pink as well.....
  • Options

On my Valley Express coach home tonight I was surprised when a couple of previously pro Duchatalet fans said nothing will change until there is a change of ownership. The worm is finally turning.

Aside from the usual few apologists, I struggle to see how anyone remains who thinks that Duchatalet has been, or will be, good for Charlton.
  • Options
    None of the 'basics' were there, in particular getting close to their attackers in dangerous positions. We gave MKD an unbelievable amount of space last night.

Our players look a mix of those that won't (Watt, Bauer, Magennis), those that can't - last night at least - (Pearce, Forster-Caskey, Aribo and Jackson) and those that, only just, can be forgiven (Rudd, DaSilva, Solly and Holmes).

Like everyone, I feel deeply sad about what has happened to my club, the 4th division will be just another step in this downward spiral. £30mill or £50mill, who's really going to buy this shit?!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I expected that a team I believed not to be playing for the manager, to put in a special effort for our fallen hero. What yesterday told us that it is more than the attitude of the players. It is a shame, that the so called football experts the owner relies on so much are clueless twats. Money is spent in windows but always badly. There were two big issues that needed fixing in the last one. The midfield and a lack of goals. Some attempt was made to address what was a criminal summer window in terms of the midfield, but in a team of 'missers' as I call players who don't score enough, we lost two of our three top scorers. I'm not saying it was wrong to sell both Lookman and Ajose, for different reasons, but when you take goals out of a side you have to put them back in. As we were a poor goalscoring side before, you have to put some more in.

You can sit in your bedroom watching You Tube videos in your underpants and analyse every little detail, but you do need to look at the obvious first. There is quite an easy way of doing it! Just look at the number of games a player has played and the number of goals he has scored. It was no accident that the first player Powell brought in was BWP - He understood this simple fact. Mind you, most people who understand the game do too!

I did say - along with many others - that the winter window would be no different from the last. There was the potential to use a small fraction of the Lookman money to actually strengthen the balance of the squad and push for promotion. Balance is a simple concept and not a complicated word, but I am beginning to wonder if there is a word for it in Belgium. We just have to hope that we survive this season by the skin of our teeth and we start next season with people who know what they are doing at the healm. The phrase oft quoted from our CEO has been Roland doesn't do failure. Well forgive me, but since he took over it is clear that failure is all he does and those of us that know that every day he owns us, we get sicker and sicker as a club have tried, in our small way, to do something about it. We protest because we are fighting for the club we love. A point will be reached, and we are very close to it, where the situation may not be recoverable.

Did not Meire ask us to judge them by about now, before the season started? They have done so badly, you don't even need to waste any mental energy judging. Why put a hamster on one side of a massive set of scales and an elephant on the other when it is so obvious which is the heavier! Their incompetence is as clear as the nose on your face, or as in the CEO's case, the very long nose on her face. In business, when you make the promises and claims she has and spectacularly fail, as sadly we knew they would, many do find the self respect to resign. It is unthinkable that she doesn't realise that she has failed and she is just the pawn of a senile, dishonest old fool with crazy ideas. You do need some intelligence to obtain a law degree surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

If Robinson is a football coach then I'm Johann Cruyff. How does he have a job in professional football as a coach? Started with a 4-2-3-1, switched to a 4-4-2 Diamond, then back to 4-2-3-1. WTF. The players must be totally confused, especially the younger ones. Looking at tonight's shambles, most of them are mugging him off anyway.

Left five minutes from the end and could hear "You're not fit to wear the shirt" as clear as anything in Charlton Village! The whole ground must have been singing it at the end.

I was asking this myself tonight. How in Hades is he a football manager? Even as a manager of anything. Even as a manager of people. What a joke this club have become.
    He cannot even manage a coherent sentence.
  • Options
    There was only one hero last night.
  • Options

A pitiful display.

MK hardly had to get into third gear to beat us.

Only a few players came out of that with any credit but none did well.

I'll pick out Jake Foster-Caskey and Tony Watt as the worst wastes of space.

Can't remember last time "you're not fit to wear the shirt" was sung at the Valley". It saddens me but you can't argue against it.

Tarbuck booed off and rightly so but won't be sacked. He's willing to have O'Loughlin in his coaching set up and he is the flak catcher for Meire so he stays.

Where did you sit Henry? I assumed you'd be in your 'old' usual seats.
    North upper as my brother has his ST there. I'll be back in " my seat" five minutes after they've gone.
  • Options
    Duchatelet, Meire, Robinson - time to go.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

This truly was an embarrassment. Only DaSilva, Holmes and Solly come out with any credit. As for Watt, the man is stealing a living; lazy, petulant and blatantly doesn't give a flying. Think that's my lot for this season and if the unthinkable happens it will be my last for the foreseeable future. Until this cancer within our club is cut out there can be no future - only untold seasons in the 4th Division playing in front of gates of around 4,000.

:lol:
    Solly was far from decent!
  • Options
    I guess we should have expected last night when the players donated their appearance fee and thus didnt feel the need to show up!!
  • Options
    the players don't give a fuck for the shirt, blame robinson, roland whoever, but those players out there tonight all need a good fucking kicking, apart from holmes who you can tell this is probably the biggest move of his career and his age unlikely to go anywhere else but he cant do it all, then off the pitch you have the parkes clan - getting brave behind keyboards, i personally think its disgraceful and chris needs to administer a muzzle to his wife i hope they with a lot of the other shit floating round the club go at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Waited till the cold light of morning before posting. It doesn't feel any better than last night. I wish I'd just donated a tenner to the remembrance fund and spent an hour and a half at home watching a pile of my dog's steaming poo. It would have been more rewarding.

As an occasional visitor this season, there was something different about last night. Not just the usual poor performance and resigned atmosphere from the few remaining diehards. This was a special occasion. Remembering one of our own and the chance to put to rest lingering fears of relegation. What did we get? A piss poor crowd given the circumstances (albeit those of us who were there did our fallen brother proud) and the most inept, spineless performance I have ever witnessed by a Charlton team.

I have taken the view (and still hold it) that we have enough points already to survive given the ineptitude and sheer number of the teams below us. But make no mistake, that is all that's stopping our free fall. "You're not fit to wear the shirt" rang loud and clear and it was thoroughly deserved. It pained me to see the last of the good guys in Jacko and Solly reduced to broken faded relics of their former selves. Age and injury know no sympathy. But to have them now tarred by the poisonous brush that threatens the very heart and soul of our club is heartbreaking. I took a long wistful look before I left last night. I won't be back in a hurry and that's not the parting memory that I wanted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    was in the west upper last night and saw the state of the facilities round the club,

1.) watched staff pour 4 pints to one group who then stated that the beer was off, so they were refunded and sent to the vista lounge if they wanted a pint.
    2.) the toilets few were out of order and the light went off 10 seconds after you went in.
    3.) Giving pies to people that were cold and run out of forks.

really was a circus, and it transpires throughout the club.
  • Options
    Floyd and Harvey would have been a blessing on the pitch last night.
  • Options

was in the west upper last night and saw the state of the facilities round the club,

1.) watched staff pour 4 pints to one group who then stated that the beer was off, so they were refunded and sent to the vista lounge if they wanted a pint.
    2.) the toilets few were out of order and the light went off 10 seconds after you went in.
    3.) Giving pies to people that were cold and run out of forks.

really was a circus, and it transpires throughout the club.

Yes, these little details seem insignificant, but they all point to the same incompetence. We were promised the food would get better. Look at the mascots - we had Floyd and Harvey and replaced them with a robin costume you can buy in poundland and a knight who would scare most small children! All small details, but what it shows is that they can't get anything right - even the little things. What chance have we got of a decent side if we can't even serve beer that isn't flat or food that isn't cold (I haven't bought any beer this season), but 50% of the pints I bought last season were flat or nearly flat.

When we get a new owner - I have a suggestion. Let that stupid Robin and knight enter the pitch, then to a fanfare, have Floyd and Harvey rush on and kick them out! It would be so symbolic!
    Not as symbolic as having the empty costumes burn atop a bonfire in the west stand car park...
  • Options
    JFC is a disgrace of a footballer. he absolutely hid throughout the game and offered 0. Id make sure he was one of the first players gone in the summer if it was down to me
  • Options
    mogodon said:

On my Valley Express coach home tonight I was surprised when a couple of previously pro Duchatalet fans said nothing will change until there is a change of ownership. The worm is finally turning.

Aside from the usual few apologists, I struggle to see how anyone remains who thinks that Duchatalet has been, or will be, good for Charlton.
    There's very few left. The 'siddarn' crowd behind us have faded (along with the team) over the last year, and last night even our nearby nutter who rants about RD 'saving' the club and 'it was worse with the Gliksteins' was noticeably silent when the anti chants started
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Where was Lee Novak yesterday by the way?

If injured then why the hell werent Ahearne-Grant or Hanlan rested from the U23 match against Hull and put on the bench last night in case we needed a Striker to score a goal - Or is the U23 League more important?