Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CafcSCP said:

Couldn’t blame @jamesseed if he told us to get stuffed

He did!
    Lol. Big kid if he did!
  • Anyone hearing anything new re takeover status?!

Murray has said it's on course to be completed by February
    Great. Another 5 months isn't too long to wait. The past 8 months have flown by!
  • T_C_E said:

ross1 said:
    "I drink only from the tap,” he said. “Well, from now on, they will also get water from the tap! They will not suffer thirst and they will not play worse because of it. The club is making too many losses, so we need to pay more attention to the money. Moreover, it is an environmentally friendly measure.”

An environmental issue that he took four+ years to address!?
    While I believe the 1st team squad still receive bottled water ?
  • Solidgone said:

I want to know whether he will provide a slice of lemon with the tap water.

He's the sort of person that just might commit such a despicable act.
  • Ooh. Some real news!

A permanent manager. That must mean the takeover is/isn't going ahead.

Fact.
  • Solidgone said:

I want to know whether he will provide a slice of lemon with the tap water.

Bad for the teeth as the lemon makes the mouth acidic, causing enamel erosion. Roland cares too much about the players' teeth to do something as evil as that
  • @Airman Brown , heard anything at all?
  • Chizz said:

Ooh. Some real news!

A permanent manager. That must mean the takeover is/isn't going ahead.

Fact.

When he appoints a permanent CEO and CFO, I’ll give up on the takeaway. Until then ... #TeamWIOTOS
  • Takeaway? They're Chinese buyers?!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Takeaway? They're Chinese buyers?!

Might be Indian ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Until scrotumface excepts the fact that he is asking far too much money we will not be sold.
    Lower the price you poisonous old duffer and someone just might buy us.
  • The Bowyer announcement would seem to suggest to me that the deal is dead in the water.

Looks like we're never going to be rid of the Shitweasel, it seems.
  • The Bowyer announcement would seem to suggest to me that the deal is dead in the water.

Why do you say that?

Why do you say that?
    I wouldn't have thought that employing a manager on a full time basis at this stage is conducive to short term cost cutting, or an imminent take-over.

He has to go. Even if we get promotion back to the Championship - can you imagine for one moment that RD will put his hand in his pocket to ensure we stay there? To exist - let alone compete - in the next level, you have to spend money.

• Shitweasel held out for ages before giving LB the job full-time. It just has the feel of 'looks like I'm here for the season' about it to me.

What worries me is that he may well be losing money hand over fist due to his massive ego and inability to recognise his failure, but that ego appears to be so big and capable of so much self delusion, I can just see him putting his hands in his ears and shouting 'la-la' for the next few years and just ignoring us. The losses he would make on selling our club aren't that big a deal to the likes of him, I'm afraid, especially when selling for less than his ridiculously over-inflated price means having to admit to himself that he screwed up - and his delusional egotism simply won't allow it.

What a shit business. Fuck off Shitweasel.
  • The Aussies have already agreed that if they complete the takeover, Bowyer is their choice of manager.......Does this sound like I am ITK, this is easy....especially when I know nothing, that is how some do it :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• The Aussies if they were serious should have bought the club by now, but in the circumstances we would be better hoping for a genuine buyer to come in sometime in the future. Meantime support Bowyer and the club
  • BillG said:

The Aussies if they were serious should have bought the club by now, but in the circumstances we would be better hoping for a genuine buyer to come in sometime in the future. Meantime support Bowyer and the club

Support Bowyer and the players. The club can do one.

• No takeover.
  • No takeover.

Would seem that way. No criticism here, but it's all gone very quiet lately from the 'Those In The know' front.

• BillG said:

The Aussies if they were serious should have bought the club by now, but in the circumstances we would be better hoping for a genuine buyer to come in sometime in the future. Meantime support Bowyer and the club

Maybe they hoped Roland would drop his asking price by now. Why overpay when the debt will only increase and he’ll eventually have to lower the asking price? He’s spending enough on the team to at least keep us in this league.
  • Maybe, just maybe, Bow had had enough of his "Caretaker" name badge and decided it was time for a showdown with RD.

ie I'm on my bike if you don't honour your "promise"(?) to appoint me permanent manager at the start of this season.

This, together with a succinct email from the EFL telling our very own Rat that he needed to get his house in order ASAP, may have culminated in today's decision to bite the bullet.
  • Story in The Mirror online by Darren Lewis that Usmanov is considering buying Charlton using the £600m he got for his Arsenal shares,says hes seen our potential. Also says hes decided not to invest in Everton. Im rubbish at the linky thing,sorry.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!