Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:

We already have four loans and I think you can only have five in a match day squad (correct me if I'm wrong), so there wouldn't be much point bringing in too many more loan players.

Championship & EFL clubs are allowed to have 8 players on loan, but can only pick a max of 5 loanees in their match day squad.

They can only sign a maximum of 4 players from a specific club, of which only 2 can be over the age of 23.

• Valley11 said:

Redhenry said:

Haven’t read the posts on here recently, sounds like it’s already been said. Heard this morning Usmanov in and bringing Everton players on loan. That’s all I know atm

Bringing or forcing Everton players on bowyer? If it’s the latter, he sounds like RD Mark II
    I could handle Everton players to be “forced” upon us tbh
  • Loan window is closed and we already have 4 loans
  • edited September 2018
    Incidentally what exactly is Usnanov’s connection with Everton? I’ve not really followed this thread that closely of late but now it’s got interesting again!
  • What do we think of this then.

Arsenal fans did not like him that much did they??

Will he try to move us??

Will he put money into the cloob??

I thought Arsenal fans liked him because he said he'd spend loads of money and they hate Kroenke because he runs Arsenal as a business
  • What do we think of this then.

Arsenal fans did not like him that much did they??

Will he try to move us??

Will he put money into the cloob??

I thought Arsenal fans liked him because he said he'd spend loads of money and they hate Kroenke because he runs Arsenal as a business
    That's what I thought
  • Would love this to be true .
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

We already have four loans and I think you can only have five in a match day squad (correct me if I'm wrong), so there wouldn't be much point bringing in too many more loan players.

Ah but it never works like that for us. The following calculation will help:

X = N - I

where

X = net number of players available
    N = number of players on loan
    I = number of players injured, on international duty, ill, on host club refresher course, compassionate leave, fallen out with manager etc etc
  • He’s had some great roles over the years. He’s he better Hercule Poirot than David Suchet, IMHO.
  • Incidentally what exactly is Usnanov’s connection with Everton? I’ve not really followed this thread that closely of late but now it’s got interesting again!

From Mirror:

Everton are majority owned by Usmanov’s one-time business partner Farhad Moshiri.

Both men had stakes in Red and White Holdings before Moshiri left to take control at Goodison Park. USM Holdings, one of Usmanov’s firms, also sponsors Everton’s Finch Farm training ground to the tune of around £75million.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alisher-usmanov-ready-plunge-money-13080741
  • ‘The Mirror understands....’

Yeah righty’o

Redhenry understands too, which is good enough for me.

Yeah righty’o

He said he’d heard this morning, which could just mean the person tht told him picked up a Mirror. I’d love it to be true but the story looks like a page filler.
  • It's a load of old Cossacks I tell you

Yeah righty’o

He said he’d heard this morning, which could just mean the person tht told him picked up a Mirror. I’d love it to be true but the story looks like a page filler.
    And it wouldnt be the first time a journalist had constructed a "story" from what he has read on Charlton Life. As you imply, there is nothing in the article to suggest the journo has any link to Usmanov.

• Can't have any truth in it...........can it?
  • And we'd have Tom Tugendhat, Tory MP for Tonbridge and Chair of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee, to contend with. On R5L just now saying that cracking down on oligarchs is "Not just about Russia, not just about corruption, but now a matter of British national security."
  • Sponsored links:

• Do hope something comes from this, a billionaire who wants to spend money with us is something we dream about from playing Football Manager.

But Charlton are so used to disappointment I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • edited September 2018
    Also in the bastion of truth that is The Sun.

Although all the papers are saying that The Mirror understands, as in we don't want to miss the story but if it turns out to be brown and stinky it is their fault.
  • Doesn’t Darren Lewis have a history of talking absolute bollocks?
  • Press conference at 9.30am today - Bowyer's first as permanent manager. Could face some interesting questions!
  • The first time I've genuinely been excited on the take over thread that isn't pun related or a conspiracy theory.

праздновать братьев
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!