Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

Redhenry said:

‘The Mirror understands....’

Yeah righty’o

Redhenry understands too, which is good enough for me.
    He said he’d heard this morning, which could just mean the person tht told him picked up a Mirror. I’d love it to be true but the story looks like a page filler.
    haha not the case
    @Redhenry can you give any more info on what stage this interest is at?
    Don't know.
  • With all due respect to RedHenry, I’m sure he hears quite a lot of stuff in regards to players that filters throughout the club and training ground and it’s usually spot on, but the top level stuff id imagine only a couple of people really know what’s happening.

The Usmanov stuff has been mentioned by people at the business end, rather than as gossip at the training ground or around the club, as something that had been explored by Murray via David Dein. However, there was nothing to suggest it had gone anywhere, i.e. that Usmanov was actually interested, which is why I have never written about it.

Stories come about in all sorts of ways, but I seriously doubt a national newspaper would publish this about a high-profile figure in the game just because it had been speculated about on Charlton Life as has been suggested. That doesn't mean it has substance and will happen, but it is out there in the real football world, which is quite small. There is also the Keith Harris connection at Everton.
    Have we ever been linked to high profile figures in national news before?
    Just saying.
  • edited September 2018

With all due respect to RedHenry, I’m sure he hears quite a lot of stuff in regards to players that filters throughout the club and training ground and it’s usually spot on, but the top level stuff id imagine only a couple of people really know what’s happening.

The Usmanov stuff has been mentioned by people at the business end, rather than as gossip at the training ground or around the club, as something that had been explored by Murray via David Dein. However, there was nothing to suggest it had gone anywhere, i.e. that Usmanov was actually interested, which is why I have never written about it.

Stories come about in all sorts of ways, but I seriously doubt a national newspaper would publish this about a high-profile figure in the game just because it had been speculated about on Charlton Life as has been suggested. That doesn't mean it has substance and will happen, but it is out there in the real football world, which is quite small. There is also the Keith Harris connection at Everton.
    Have we ever been linked to high profile figures in national news before?
    Just saying.
    1966...Charlton scores screamer against Mexico

Edited, Mexico isn’t a high profile ‘figure’

So I give you...Charlton to play Ben Hur....
  • With all due respect to RedHenry, I’m sure he hears quite a lot of stuff in regards to players that filters throughout the club and training ground and it’s usually spot on, but the top level stuff id imagine only a couple of people really know what’s happening.

Just has an air of ‘rich man sells shares in London football + London football club up for sale = story’ about it

And Darren Lewis has got previous for talking complete ballbag.
    exactly this.
  • Keeping my feet firmly on the ground on this one... Hope it's true but let's all remember even if it is, he will still have to deal/negotiate with that lunatic Duchatelet and his ludicrous demands which would be a test for anyone.
  • Why would the rat appoint Lee as full time manager if a possible deal could be round the corner
  • Sponsored links:

• Has he bought us yet or what? He’s doing my head in already
  • tonka said:

Why would the rat appoint Lee as full time manager if a possible deal could be round the corner

Until May. Contracts don't get much cheaper than that.
  • Bring back the Aussie consortium.
  • I'm just hoping that Usmanov ends up giving Ratbag a nice present, perhaps a nice Nina Ricci perfume bottle.

Or brolly up the jacksy
  • MUIRS MATE

USMANOV
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely different blokes as wrong glasses
  • It’s Tony Soprano
  • Definitely different blokes as wrong glasses

You can have different glasses! One for each day of the week even... with his money.

• edited September 2018
    tonka said:

Why would the rat appoint Lee as full time manager if a possible deal could be round the corner

Why not? Bowyer was already contracted to the end of the season. It really doesn't make a huge difference, even if there was a pay rise involved, which can't be assumed. Plus Bowyer now has a reasonable chance of retaining the job under a new owner anyway. On the other hand, it closes down the discussion about him being "caretaker" and is positive for Bowyer. If it was a longer contract it might mean something.
  • Here another one with a different set of specs.
    I don't think its him BTW, the real one has more blemishes on his skin.
  • HarryLime said:

Here another one with a different set of specs.
    I don't think its him BTW, the real one has more blemishes on his skin.

It's a good spot, but I think if that had been Usmanov with the Aussies the nationals would have been all over it from the start.
  • Redhenry said:

J BLOCK said:

Redhenry said:

‘The Mirror understands....’

Yeah righty’o

Redhenry understands too, which is good enough for me.
    He said he’d heard this morning, which could just mean the person tht told him picked up a Mirror. I’d love it to be true but the story looks like a page filler.
    haha not the case
    @Redhenry can you give any more info on what stage this interest is at?
    Don't know.
    Don’t know if you can give us anymore info or don’t know any more info?
    Please can we put this to bed by lunchtime and get back on with the pilchard puns?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!