Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Don't think there's much in it.
    Russians are looking to get out of anything UK, not jump in.
    Why did he jump from Arsenal?
  • WSS said:

“In relation to comments made in national newspapers recently I wanted to clarify my position. Having recently, reluctantly, sold my shares in Arsenal Football Club, I am determined to leave a legacy in English football. That being said I have not yet made a formal offer to purchase Charlton Athletic Football Club but you can never say never.”

Usmanov Statement

Feel free to give me a whooosh but, is that actual statement genuine?
  • Seems a coincidence that the story is the same day as meeting with the EFL?
  • Swisdom said:

Don't think there's much in it.
    Russians are looking to get out of anything UK, not jump in.
    Why did he jump from Arsenal?

He’s not Russian - he’s from Uzbekistan

He left because the majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke, would not invest more money to make Arsenal competitive again

He's a good pal of Putin's though.
  • DOUCHER said:

Seems a coincidence that the story is the same day as meeting with the EFL?

And it's the day after Burt Reynolds passed away and, as we all know, Burt Reynolds is an anagram of "BlundeR story".
  • Redhenry said:

Haven’t read the posts on here recently, sounds like it’s already been said. Heard this morning Usmanov in and bringing Everton players on loan. That’s all I know atm

Any idea how far gone talks are Henry?
  • Sponsored links:

• ‘The Mirror understands....’

Yeah righty’o

Redhenry understands too, which is good enough for me.
    He said he’d heard this morning, which could just mean the person tht told him picked up a Mirror. I’d love it to be true but the story looks like a page filler.
    And it wouldnt be the first time a journalist had constructed a "story" from what he has read on Charlton Life. As you imply, there is nothing in the article to suggest the journo has any link to Usmanov.

Why does the journo need a link to usmanov for it to be true or not?

• We’re doing a Bournemouth!

Darren Lewis is pretty senior at the Mirror, so wouldn’t put his by line on anything.

And £600m on us gets you a lot, £600m at Everton gets a couple of seasons of fun
  • DOUCHER said:

Seems a coincidence that the story is the same day as meeting with the EFL?

The club didn't meet EFL - it was an internal EFL board meeting with Charlton supposedly 'high on the agenda'.
  • For sometime now I thought that Usmanov’s name would turn up in the mix, whether as a part of the Ozzie takeover or as a flying solo prospect. I said it in this thread on more than one occasion(along with one or two others).....it just seemed to make sense to me.
    I hope and pray it turns into reality and that brighter days are on the horizon.

UP THE ADDICKSKI’S!

ADDICKSKI is more Polish, ADDICKSKOV would be Uzbeki
  • For sometime now I thought that Usmanov’s name would turn up in the mix, whether as a part of the Ozzie takeover or as a flying solo prospect. I said it in this thread on more than one occasion(along with one or two others).....it just seemed to make sense to me.
    I hope and pray it turns into reality and that brighter days are on the horizon.

UP THE ADDICKSKI’S!

ADDICKSKI is more Polish, ADDICKSKOV would be Uzbeki
    Well spotted Ibborgskov.
    It’s because he looked into it...

Yeah righty’o

He said he’d heard this morning, which could just mean the person tht told him picked up a Mirror. I’d love it to be true but the story looks like a page filler.
    I don't believe this to be the case.
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah righty’o

Heard anything?

Or has anyone got info on how concrete this interest is?

Yeah righty’o

IIRC RedHenry broke the news of JFC ACL injury on here?
  • If Redhenry has heard it I doubt it’s just from the paper. Would be a surprising move but I would imagine he will spend money. Could be exciting times
  • Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Yeah righty’o

IIRC RedHenry broke the news of JFC ACL injury on here?
    Amongst other things too!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!