Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Henry likes a cryptic clue and has a Union Jack badge.
    Redhenry says close to Man City rich and foreign.

I give you, Britain’s richest man...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312348/Alisher-Usmanov-UKs-richest-man-Arsenal-FC-owning-oligarch-Uzbekistan-worth-13-3bn.html

Dragging his feet because he is waiting for Kroenke to buy his Arsenal stake before he can buy us....

2+2 = me very excited - and almost certainly wrong, but hey it is fun.

Whatever, Nasri and Song won’t hang around for our contract offers forever even though they are Charlton fans so get it done RD.

Hmm, Usmanov you say... wonder whom on this board mentioned him way back on Page 426? James Seed, NLA, Doucher, Red Henry, Airman, Errikke Bakke... you boys took a hell of a beating.. seems I am the only man in the know around here :wink: . Love it when a plan guess comes together.

Anyway, I predict at least 400 posts on this matter between now and me checking in on Saturday morning after a day at the cricket tomorrow only to find out it is just The Mirror making up a story to fill column inches.
    I predict a room full of monkey's with typewriters will end up buying the club. Page 1254 mark it down.
  • So would everyone be happy for this to happen, in the unlikely event?
    Like = Yes LOL = No

Flag =Usmanov LOL =Redbull Like =Aussies dunno why i didnt think of using this system before
  • edited September 2018
    Usmanov would be a no-brainer. He desperately wants to stuff it to Arsenal's owner and the PL is the only way to do that. So if he buys it, get ready for a lot of money to be thrown around.

It would make a lot more sense to buy Newcastle, though, which finished 10th last year with a Championship squad, is probably gonna make a nice profit this year, and could approach Arsenal-level quality with just 2 transfer windows.
  • Swisdom said:

I got a bit of gfrief when I mentioned him a while back.

I hope it’s true. That would be a game changer.

Arsenal fans were upset with Kroenke not Usmanov. Usmanov is ridiculously wealthy and was angry that Kroenke wouldn’t put his hands in his pocket more

There is not one sane Arsenal fan I know that would want Kroenke over Usmanov. Everyone knew Usmanov was willing to lose money for trophies. Kroenke demands a profit. It's an investment.
  • Criminal conviction so won't pass EFL fit and proper test

Overturned.
    Like = Yes LOL = No

....and FLAG for not sure?
    Like = Yes LOL = No

....and FLAG for not sure?
    Crack on
  • Sponsored links:

• I would be all for it.
  • bound to have no personality , sounds like a perfect fit
  • Henry likes a cryptic clue and has a Union Jack badge.
    Redhenry says close to Man City rich and foreign.

I give you, Britain’s richest man...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312348/Alisher-Usmanov-UKs-richest-man-Arsenal-FC-owning-oligarch-Uzbekistan-worth-13-3bn.html

Dragging his feet because he is waiting for Kroenke to buy his Arsenal stake before he can buy us....

2+2 = me very excited - and almost certainly wrong, but hey it is fun.

Whatever, Nasri and Song won’t hang around for our contract offers forever even though they are Charlton fans so get it done RD.

Hmm, Usmanov you say... wonder whom on this board mentioned him way back on Page 426? James Seed, NLA, Doucher, Red Henry, Airman, Errikke Bakke... you boys took a hell of a beating.. seems I am the only man in the know around here :wink: . Love it when a plan guess comes together.

Anyway, I predict at least 400 posts on this matter between now and me checking in on Saturday morning after a day at the cricket tomorrow only to find out it is just The Mirror making up a story to fill coloumn inches.
    The Mirror and the Daily Mail :smile:
  • edited September 2018
    Redhenry said:

Haven’t read the posts on here recently, sounds like it’s already been said. Heard this morning Usmanov in and bringing Everton players on loan. That’s all I know atm

He couldn't do that could he because of the title rule about involvement in other clubs in the English leagues.
  • Whatever ... #TeamWIOTOS
  • Redhenry said:

Haven’t read the posts on here recently, sounds like it’s already been said. Heard this morning Usmanov in and bringing Everton players on loan. That’s all I know atm

Bringing or forcing Everton players on bowyer? If it’s the latter, he sounds like RD Mark II
  • It’s also in the Mirror today
  • Redhenry said:
    That's what started all this, @Redhenry. But glad you are giving it a bit more credence. Rather be a feeder club for Everton than Duchatelet's network...
  • Sponsored links:

• Any mileage in this then @Redhenry ?
  • The loan window's closed now though, isn't it?
  • Valley11 said:

Redhenry said:

Bringing or forcing Everton players on bowyer? If it’s the latter, he sounds like RD Mark II
    Everton players could be better than most of the ones brought in by RD from mediocre European clubs who had never played in English leagues though?
  • Redhenry said:

Ade Lookman ;)
  • Arsene Wenger as Director of Football
  • Valley11 said:

Redhenry said:

Everton players could be better than most of the ones brought in by RD from mediocre European clubs who had never played in English leagues though?
    I don’t dispute that. It’s the ‘forcing on’ I was questioning. Anyway, it’s probably all bs. Interesting though and helps our #2000 pages campaign
  • Knowing our luck the deal will go through smoothly one day only for Usmanov to have his assets frozen the next.

Sorry glass half empty here :neutral:
  • We already have four loans and I think you can only have five in a match day squad (correct me if I'm wrong), so there wouldn't be much point bringing in too many more loan players.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!