Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Don't think there's much in it.
    Russians are looking to get out of anything UK, not jump in.
    Why did he jump from Arsenal?

He’s not Russian - he’s from Uzbekistan

He left because the majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke, would not invest more money to make Arsenal competitive again

He's a good pal of Putin's though.
    So he’s one of my former employees. However I did have to sack him for being crap. The signs aren’t great :-)

• Borat didn’t like Uzbekistan. This worries me greatly.

Wasn't that Kazakhstan?
  • I've been to Tashkent and Bukhara. Lovely place, Uzbekistan.
  • Tashkent sounds like Kent

So he's going to merge us with Ebbsfleet?
  • Don't think there's much in it.
    Russians are looking to get out of anything UK, not jump in.
    Why did he jump from Arsenal?

From what I read previously his 30% shares didn't even buy him a place on the board. Effectively he had no say, SK ran the show.
  • On a serious note I thought it was Stan Kroenke that the Arsenal fans hated and would have preferred him selling his stock to Usmanov? - Its all very confusing as Arsenal fans are like women on their monthlys and go through a phase of hating everyone
  • Well I hope it doesn’t happen before our trip to Bradford next Saturday, I don’t want a bunch of celebrators deciding to attend thus spoiling my quiet day out with dear friends.
  • With all due respect to RedHenry, I’m sure he hears quite a lot of stuff in regards to players that filters throughout the club and training ground and it’s usually spot on, but the top level stuff id imagine only a couple of people really know what’s happening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t remember which page but that photo of the Aussies in the directors box.. wasn’t there a bloke that looked the spit of Usmanov, sparking a debate about whether he was involved?

Any chance it was actually him?

Furthermore, if it was him, and he is involved in the Aussie bid, does that explain the holdups due to rumours of a member’s involvement in another club?

• Would perfectly explain why our unsettled players crashed out of the checkatrade with all this fervour.

Sorry to disappoint yet we're not out yet
  • Would perfectly explain why our unsettled players crashed out of the checkatrade with all this fervour.

Sorry to disappoint yet we're not out yet
    Thanks mate that news has made a sunny Friday even brighter.
  • Whose Mikhail Goldshchtik? Doesn't sound very Uzbek...
  • Addickted said:

I've been to Tashkent and Bukhara. Lovely place, Uzbekistan.

Excellent news. You'll be able to translate Usmanov's statement then. Spit, spot.

That's a bit beyond my very rusty Russian O level!
  • I predicted this way before any of you bastards, just I used his Russian security services code name "Vegetarian Irish Boarderski'

• Sponsored links:

• Up the Uzi's
  • Would so many other new outlets be quoting The Mirror if they thought the story was a non starter?
  • Meanwhile , back on planet earth, we are playing Wanderers tomorrow and not our directors favourite Wanderers in the third tier of English football.
    I refuse to get excited until scarfy makes an appearance.
  • Swisdom said:

I got a bit of gfrief when I mentioned him a while back.

I hope it’s true. That would be a game changer.

Arsenal fans were upset with Kroenke not Usmanov. Usmanov is ridiculously wealthy and was angry that Kroenke wouldn’t put his hands in his pocket more

Same, got laughed at when I said he'd be involved at some point.
  • Redhenry said:

Haven’t read the posts on here recently, sounds like it’s already been said. Heard this morning Usmanov in and bringing Everton players on loan. That’s all I know atm

Lookman please ;-)
  • Redhenry said:

‘The Mirror understands....’

Yeah righty’o

Redhenry understands too, which is good enough for me.
    He said he’d heard this morning, which could just mean the person tht told him picked up a Mirror. I’d love it to be true but the story looks like a page filler.
    haha not the case
    @Redhenry can you give any more info on what stage this interest is at?
  • edited September 2018

Would so many other new outlets be quoting The Mirror if they thought the story was a non starter?

They wouldn't be mentioning the Mirror at all if they had a source of their own. It's more to do with not being left behind on an Arsenal story.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!